Chapter 4: International Affairs
44 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ Capital of Qua Toyne ]

[ Office of the Prime Minister]

[ February 15,2024(1639). 4:45 pm ]

Prime Minister Kanata is reviewing various Ministries' reports, especially the Ministry of National Defense.  With the skirmishes and provocation of their imperial neighbor, the Qua Toyne-Quila Alliance is being challenged. Their former neighbors which are the kingdoms of Milissia, Asgar, and the Principality of Zeven, fell because of the intense and greater military power of the Louria Empire.

Refugees from those nations flocked to Qua Toyne, and with that came grim revelations.

Louria's ambition to conquer the continent is not unexpected, but the news of Parpaldian Empire's involvement has created panic within the alliance. It has been reported that the Lourian army is equipped with flintlock weapons provided by Parpaldia, leaving the alliance with almost no advantage except for their Beastmen Armies, which possess above-average strength. There are also reports from Gim that scouts from Louria were spotted just on the city's outskirts, raising suspicions that an attack is most likely on the horizon.

Someone knocked on Kanata's office.

"Enter," Kanata said as he closed the scrolls with the report in them and stood up to store them on the shelf.

A young-looking elf opened the door, he wore the usual garb for a butler; sleek button-down tuxedo and slacks

The elf bowed down to show respect. "Prime Minister, the other ministers are waiting for you in the Lotus Garden."

"Just give me a minute, I'm coming."

" Certainly sir, call me whenever you need me."

 

 

---%---

[Capital of Qua Toyne]

[Main Intelligence Headquarters ]

[February 15, 2024(1639). 5:10 PM]

"Sir! The Naval Headquarters issued a priority transmission!" One of the communications officers burst in from the Intelligence Director's office.

Andre was writing a document about this day's report in his office, this sudden outburst irritated him, but he couldn't do anything about it since it's protocol that when there's a priority transmission, it needs to be reported ASAP.

"This better be worth it, Gaston. Spill it out," he said as he put down his quill.

"Y-Yes, sir! I received a report from Admiral Adrien at Navy Headquarters regarding the Second Fleet's encounter with peculiar metal warships that came from a country called The Republic of the Philippines. According to the report, they also had a chance to communicate with an ambassador from the said nation who expressed their desire to apologize personally for a previous oversight of their operations. A few weeks ago, they sent an aircraft into our territories. Other than that, they claimed that... Wait, what's this?" Gaston paused, confused by what he was reading.

"Claimed what?" Andre asked eagerly, the mystery of the aircraft weeks ago is now answered, and the perpetrators are the ones who revealed themselves!

"...they claimed that their nation; land, and population, was transferred in this world, their nearest city is just a few hundred kilometers away from ours, or so they claimed."

"A transferred nation eh? Are they joking or what?" Andre muttered, even if they were joking, the moment that they showed themselves with capabilities akin to the superpowers like Mu and the Milishial Empire meant this could not be swept under the rag.

Aside from that, Andre remembered that Mu, an industrial powerhouse of the "civilized" nations, also claimed that they were transferred here hundreds of years ago. He does not know if there is a connection between both countries, but it's not what's important right now.

"Contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, tell them that I'm coming." He stated as he stood up and tidied up his hair that his pointy long ears had caught.

"Sir, the minister is not in his office, there is a meeting currently conducted by the Ministry of Defense in the Lotus Garden and he is said to be attending."

"Then to the Lotus Garden, I don't want to associate myself with those geezers, but I guess this is urgent enough to force me to." 

 

 

---%---

[Capital of Qua-Toyne]

[Prime Minister's Residence, Lotus Garden]

[February 15, 2024(1639). 5:45 PM]

"Sir, for the last time, you can't go in!" One of the knights that are guarding the entrance to the Lotus Garden stated.

" I am a government official stating that I have information that concerns our national security, I NEED TO TALK TO THE MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS, LET ME IN OR I WILL HAVE YOU SENT TO THE BORDER TOWNS!" 

With the animosity between the Alliance and Loria, the border towns became the hotspot of skirmishes and unlawful raids, being sent there is an immediate death. However, the knight did not back down to the threat and continued to argue with Andre, until...

"What's happening here?" A deep yet calm voice suddenly drowned out the ruckus that the two were creating. 

" P-Prime Minister Kanata! I'm sorry for" before the knight can explain the situation, Andre butted in.

"Prime Minister, Greetings." He said as he slightly bowed to show respect.

"And you are?" Kanata asked, one of his retinue beside him was already asking the knights about the situation.

"Head Secretary Andre from the Intelligence Department sire. I'm here to report a very important information to Minister Elias, but since you're here sire, It makes more sense to tell it to you first."

"If it's that important, I believe we need to talk about it with the other ministers. Follow me."

Andre followed Minister Kanata and his retinue deeper into the Lotus Garden. They passed through different kinds of plants and flowers, with a few berries ripe for picking. Alas after walking for a minute, they reached the center of the garden.

As they approached the round table, the ministers seated around it came to a quiet hush. They stood and exchanged formalities with Kanata.

"It's good to see you doing well in these trying times, Prime Minister." the Minister of Defense said, laced with a tiny bit of hostility.

"Likewise, Sir Armand." Kanata returned the favor, letting a chuckle escape his mouth. He gestured for the Ministers to take their sit. Kanata's retinue, which revealed themselves as scribes, took a seat at the corner, ready to record the entire meeting.

"So, Gentlemen, let's start this week's meeting." He said as he signaled Andre to come closer.

"This meeting was supposed to be about the current state of affairs in the Kingdom, most importantly the disputes on the border towns. But, as fate would have it, someone from the Intelligence Department is gracing us with a piece of valuable information." Kanata urged Andre to start.

Andre, with confidence laced with uneasiness, explained the report that came from the Naval Headquarters. From murmurs to full-blown chatters exploded as he told them the report, word by word.

"Preposterous! Do they think we will believe them when they say that they are a transferred nation?" One of the Ministers exclaimed.

"But we can't disregard their power, they came with hulking metal warships, but still waiving the hand of friendship and diplomacy!" Another Minister rebutted.

It seems like there are differing opinions on how to approach the situation with this unknown nation. While some are in favor of opening diplomatic channels, others are more inclined towards an outright banishment. The possibility of them being a proxy nation created by Mu has also been suggested by some ministers, which adds to the confusion and chaos surrounding the issue.

"But do we have a choice?" a mutter escaped Kanata's lips. The ministers suddenly stopped at their antics and faced the Prime Minister.

"They have superior firepower and technology, even if their claims of being from another planet are not true, what can we do about it? They are extending their hands for diplomacy and friendship, should we return the favor by swatting them off?" Kanata's reasoning is sound and logical, even the ministers who opposed and against this transferred nation can't disregard what he is saying.

"War is on the horizon, we need allies instead of potential foes. I'm not confident that the alliance can come out of this unscathed."

Silence permeated the round table, only the sounds of quills as they made contact with parchments could be heard. 

One of the ministers cleared their throat, in an attempt to wash off the current atmosphere,

"So, Prime Minister, What's your decision?"

0