Chapter 6 – Romance After A Fierce Battle
147 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We started to run towards the dragon's lair, which was located inside a large cave up in the mountains. The cave was dark and scary; I could barely make out its outlines through the darkness. We weren't alone either. We were joined by other Dragon Hunters who had a bone to pick with Lucarius. They were livid about what it did to the townspeople.

The hunters were led by a strict man named Verdel, who was dressed in high-grade battle armour. He commanded his men to form a line and prepare themselves for combat.

Verdel said, “Alright, you guys. Make sure you follow my orders. Any relevant questions, ask me now.”

Some of the hunters raised their hands, asking many useless questions to the commander.

Verdel responded, saying, “Listen up, you bunch of idiots. We don't have time to waste here. Just stay focused on the task at hand, otherwise, you will die. Alright, let's go.” With that, the hunters made their way towards the cave.

I followed closely behind Benzo and Lidia. We climbed along a narrow path until we got to the entrance of the cave. A huge crack was visible on the wall outside of the cave. It was big enough for a grown man to fit through.

Inside the cave was dark and dreary, with smouldering ashes covering the floor. The air was heavy with smoke and dust. I could hardly breathe inside. It was far worse than when we were here last.

Benzo said, “Stay close to me. If you get separated from me, then I won't be able to track you. Let's go.”

Lidia and I nodded at him; we were scared of getting lost in the maze-like cave. We kept walking cautiously until we reached the end of the tunnel where we saw a small chamber containing a massive pile of bones. We never came this way the last time. Aiden and I escaped through another path.

Anyway, we continued into the chamber where we discovered our target lying in a pile of corpses. The dragon looked like a mighty deity made from glistening metal, it was enormous. Something had changed about it since I last saw it. Aside from its two heads, it was black with red stripes on its neck, chest, belly, back, wings, tail, and claws. Its eyes were pitch-black with yellow irises. Its snout was pointed and it had two sets of fangs. What was most disturbing about the dragon were its claws; they were as long as swords, thick, hard and sharp.

The dragon opened its gaping maw, revealing its rows of razor-sharp teeth. It was hungry and ready for a meal or perhaps it had just eaten somebody. I was worried because I couldn't see Aiden anywhere. What the heck happened to him? Had he been eaten or was he still alive?

While these thoughts plagued me, Verdel went ahead of the hunting party and charged at the dragon. He swung his sword at the dragon like a madman. His comrades followed suit, one after another. Some of them struck the dragon on its 2 heads while others stabbed its body.

The dragon let out a deafening roar as it reared back to strike. That's when I saw Aiden charging at the dragon from the side. He was a blur, moving like lightning, swinging his sword. He struck the dragon across its elongated nape, causing blood to gush out from its wound.

Aiden continued to swing his sword at the dragon, cutting off one of its horns. Meanwhile, Lucarius's other horn was growing back. It grew back faster than the first time, probably due to the regenerative power of its scales.

After striking down the dragon's right eye, Aiden thrust his sword into the dragon's mouth. He managed to pierce its throat, severing its windpipe.

Then Aiden jumped back to avoid the dragon's venomous breath. The dragon let out a loud screech as it inhaled its own poison. That was when I saw Aiden's hands glowing green. He was strengthening his body, preparing himself for the next onslaught.

With the dragon's life force depleted, Aiden charged forward and sliced off its tail. Lidia stepped in front of Aiden, blocking the dragon's attack with her shield. Lucarius roared, trying to turn its attention away from Aiden to Lidia.

While Lidia blocked the dragon's attacks, I unleashed a flurry of impaling arrows. Each arrow pierced the dragon's scales, bringing more damage to its wounded flesh. The dragon didn't seem to notice the barrage of arrows hitting it as if they were nothing. I admit that those arrows weren't empowered by magic, but I at least expected them to cause some damage. To my knowledge, they didn't.

"Charge!" Verdel and his hunters yelled simultaneously. They charged at the dragon again, but this time, in a particular formation.

The dragon spewed venom from its wounds, causing a thick cloud to spread over the cavern. I needed to cover my nose and mouth to avoid breathing in the toxic fumes. I did not want to get poisoned.

We rushed the dragon together with the hunters. I wanted to finish the dragon quickly before it could pull off any more tricks. I continued shooting arrows at the dragon, hoping that it would distract it while the others do more damage.

"Roar!" The dragon growled, turned to face us, and unleashed its dreadful fireballs.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

I knew that it would be difficult for the hunters to dodge them all, so I decided to take care of the problem myself. I ran towards the dragon, dodging its fiery balls. I aimed my bow at its neck and fired a powerful arrow. However, just as I released the arrow I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder, forcing me to drop the bow and shield.

I staggered backwards, clutching my wounded shoulder. My shoulder was bleeding profusely and I had no idea how much damage I had done. It was too late to stop now though. I had to keep going.

I fired another arrow at the ceiling and a part of it fell and smashed onto the dragon's head. The dragon roared in pain, and I heard a cracking sound coming from its skull.

The dragon was stunned for a moment, allowing me to recover from my injuries. I fall back while the other hunters executed multiple range attacks. The dragon seemed to have recovered from its shock, and regained its composure.

Verdel swung his sword at the dragon once more, aiming for its abdomen. The blade sunk deep into its flesh, causing the dragon to reel backwards.

My heart raced as the dragon started to stand up again. It let loose a torrent of fireballs at us. Aiden took one fireball straight on, causing him to stagger sideways.

My arrow struck the dragon's right leg, which caused it to stumble onto its back. This was the deciding moment. All of us combined our strength and effort to bring the dragon down. Benzo attacked the dragon's head while I shot another arrow at it, piercing its stomach.

Lidia threw her spear at the dragon's head while Aiden attempted to stab it in its neck.

The dragon roared in agony, letting out a stream of molten lava. It was scorching hot. Lidia shielded herself from the heat with her shield while Aiden tried to penetrate the dragon with his sword. When he got close enough, Lidia grabbed hold of his arm and pulled him back. I circled around its back and fired multiple penetrating arrows. Verdel and his team of hunters contributed to the dragon's defeat by attacking it from many angles.

After inflicting enough damage, the dragon finally collapsed. We stopped fighting the dragon and moved away from its body. I was relieved to learn that the dragon died. The renowned and terrifying Lucarius was killed by us Dragon Hunters.

Now it was time to loot the dragon’s lair. Lidia picked up the dragon's horn and held it high above her head. She did a victory dance as she bowed to the dragon's corpse.

Benzo, Aiden along with the other hunters carried the dragon's carcass outside the cave entrance and rested it on the ground. We had to make sure that there wouldn't be any more dragons prowling around the area before we brought back the corpse to the association that issued the quest.

We received payment for slaying the dragon. We even got a bonus since we helped out the village folks.

When we returned home, the entire village gathered around the dragon's head that we brought back. They were happy to see that their heroes, Lidia, Benzo, Aiden and I killed the monster.

I couldn't contain my excitement. I was ecstatic that I got to experience the hunt firsthand. My eyes sparkled as I watched the crowd gather around us. I loved seeing everyone celebrating our victory.

Aiden came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I leaned back against him, enjoying the warmth of his body. Lidia looked at me with a hint of jealousy in her eyes. It was cute.

There was a commotion among the crowd. Someone shouted that there was a new addition to the dragon's head. Then the crowd parted, revealing a small piece of paper inside the dragon's eye socket.

Benzo handed me the note. The handwriting on the parchment was messy. I had no clue what it said, so I handed it to Lidia to read aloud.

“Reward for slaying the Dragon:

1 Gold Coin

2 Silver Coins

3 Copper Coins

6 Iron Coins

5 Wooden Planks

1 Diamond Ring.”

After she read the note, I put the paper back in the dragon's eye socket. We celebrated our victory with drinks and food at the local tavern.

As the night drew to an end, Lidia hugged me tightly. She whispered in my ear, “Thank you for coming with me. You saved my life by taking that dragon down.”

I smiled at Lidia and kissed her forehead. “You're welcome.” I told her truthfully.

Everyone was having a good time. I searched around the tavern for signs of Aiden. I noticed him over by the bar counter, chatting up a pretty bartender.

“Hey! Aiden!” I walked towards him.

He turned and spotted me. He smiled, then motioned for me to join him. I approached the bar counter where he was sitting. The bartender handed us both shots of whiskey.

Aiden pulled my chair out for me as I sat down. I took a sip of the whiskey and winced at the taste. It tasted like vinegar mixed with alcohol, making it unbearable to drink.

“I hope you don't mind that I bought this for you,” Aiden whispered in my ear.

“It's fine. But why are you buying me drinks instead of getting your own? Don't you want to get drunk tonight? You know I only take a few sips before handing the glass back to you.” I teased him.

Aiden laughed and replied, “No need to worry about me. I can hold my liquor very well.”

“You'll be lying if you say that.” I said jokingly.

“Come on, Eira. Stop teasing me. You know that I can't resist your feminine charm.” Aiden looked into my eyes seductively.

I gave him a mischievous smile, replying, “Yeah, you like it when I tease you, don't you.”

Aiden gave me a hard slap on my butt cheek. I gasped in surprise at the sudden outburst. He laughed and said, “Go ahead, laugh it off. But remember this night, because it will be the last time you ever see me sober.”

I giggled at his joke. Although I was slightly tipsy already, the whiskey still didn't affect me nearly as much as Aiden.

We continued flirting with each other until we reached the inn room. Once inside, we began tearing each other's clothes off like animals.

Aiden grabbed my hair and pulled me towards him, pinning me against the wall. He planted a kiss on my lips, while his hands groped my breasts through my blouse. I moaned in pleasure. He pushed me down onto the bed, untying my belt with his teeth. His fingers trailed along the length of my thighs and then worked their way up to the elastic band of my panties. He ripped them off of me, leaving me bare-naked in front of him.

His mouth moved down to my navel as he licked and nibbled at my skin, moving upwards. He undid his pants and tossed them aside. I was mesmerized by the look of his erect cock, throbbing fiercely for my body.

I touched the tip of his shaft with my fingertips, sending chills up his spine as I caressed his rigid member. He removed his shirt, revealing his muscular chest to me. I began kissing his neck while my hands roamed all over his body.

Aiden pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arms around my waist. He lifted me up and positioned my legs around his hips. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, holding onto him tightly as he pushed himself inside me.

The sensation was overwhelming as I felt every inch of him enter my body. With every thrust into me, I could feel him grow larger inside me.

As he entered me deeper, I tightened my grip around his neck. He pounded into me harder, causing me to cry out in ecstasy. My climax was imminent, reaching my peak quicker than usual. Aiden came at the same time, filling me with his noble seed.

Afterwards, we fell asleep in each other's arms, tamed from the Dragon’s Lust.

 

Thanks for reading!

1