17 – Freedom
1.2k 7 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stepping into my Afterlife, I was met with a question from my Omen.

'What now?' He asked through the bond we shared.

"Now?" I asked, "Now I guess we travel a bit, I've always wanted to see some of the Natural Wonders of the world, how about you?" I asked my Omen, turning towards him.

He went quiet, 'What if they come?'

"The Foundation? They will chase us regardless," I shrugged, not all that caring as I did not fear the Foundation, as it was one of the weakest things that existed in the SCP Universe. They just had the upper hand due to a great many SCPs and anomalous gadgets in their possession, not to mention their immense wealth and contacts over the globe, without that, they would be worthless. Lose any of that, then the SCP Foundation becomes significantly weaker and mere cannon fodder against the horrors that lurk on Earth.

Thanks to one of my abilities, I didn't have any problem with the Foundation since I could shapeshift at will and become a completely different person in only a few moments. The only way they would be able to find me is any digital footprint I leave behind, otherwise, they would not be able to track me as I had [Information Defense X2] that protected me from the more...mystical methods of tracking. However, that left me weak to the basic tracking and I could still be seen through cameras. Which, was easily fixable as I could simply fly or walk through walls to avoid Camreas if needed.

The Foundation was far from all-powerful, and they were one of many organizations that existed on this Earth, though of all of the organizations, they had the most noble goal.

Stepping into my Afterlife and closing the portal behind me, I briefly glanced across the area, where over a dozen new souls now wandered the clearing.

Seeing that they had only one cabin, I floated into the air, above the cabin.

Coming up with a design in my mind, I enacted my will on my dimension.

Trees disintegrated, grass and dirt shifted, and before the eyes of everyone present a small town began to be summoned into existence before their eyes.

I didn't conjure it from nothing, instead, I recycled the dirt, trees, and grass around the area, transmuting them to suit my purposes.

I could only do this because I had total control over my Dimension, I would not be capable of achieving these same feats outside of my dimension.

Soon enough I had constructed dozens of houses, several small apartments, and also constructed workshops for those wanting to pass the time doing something with their hands.

I also constructed several establishments that would allow the Souls to relax, if they so wished, such as a lounge, park, gym, and even a public kitchen that I stocked with some supplies.

“Listen up, at noon tomorrow, I will hold a meeting. I will answer any and all questions you may have. I will be summoning you all at once, so please do be presentable when I call for you all,” I stated, allowing all of the souls currently in my realm to hear, including my current Guest and the many Dogs over on the floating island, not that they would understand what I said. 

With that, I flew away, heading towards the location where I dropped the hood doctor off, making sure to expand and revamp the forest around the town as I passed by. When I did reach the Doctor, I found him peacefully sitting in a lotus position in the middle of the lavender field, as if meditating. He was as still as a statue, and missed the small white dots that acted as his pupils under his mask, meaning he had his eyes closed.

I could see his chest slowly rise and fall as he inhaled and exhaled the air around him, something I hardly ever see him do. 

Softly landing nearby, I, who was still in my Eldritch form, casually spoke up, “It’s peaceful here, isn’t it?’

Opening his eyes, the Doctor shifted his gaze over to me, not recognizing my voice, “…who are you?” He asked.

“Ah, right, here,” I spoke up in realization. My inky flesh sunk deep into my bones, like water flowing down a drain, leaving behind clean and pristine black bones. In a moment, blood began to seep out from the bones, flesh quickly flowing from behind over my bones.

Fat, muscles, ligaments, and everything else that made the human body, the Doctor watched with interest as my human shell formed around me.

“Vale…?” The Doctor asked with slight surprise in his tone and a raised brow through his mask.

"Hey Doc, sorry that you had to see that," I apologized, raising my arm to rub the back of my head.

"What...are you?" The Doctor asked slowly, curious.

"Right. Well...to keep it simple, think of me as an Eldritch Grimm Reaper," I informed the Doctor, shrugging my shoulders before gesturing to everything around us, "Welcome to my Afterlife, where the souls of the recently departed are able to wander in peace and fulfill their wishes with time and effort."

"We reside...in an Afterlife? Much like the Biblical Heaven and Hell or the Greek Hell?" The Doctor asked.

"Correct," I answered.

He went silent, clearly contemplating something before speaking up, "Why help me? Why do you care?"

"To be honest? Mostly because I wanted to learn, and someone who has lived as long as you was bound to have centuries' worth of knowledge and experience. As for why I care...well, I guess I don't. It's more of an interest than anything, a challenge," I answered honestly.

The Doctor turned away from me, turning to gaze toward the fields of Lavender and the fake blue sky of my Afterlife.

"I see. So will you continue helping me? Or will I remain here as a prisoner for the rest of my days?" The Doctor suddenly asked.

"You are no prisoner here. So long as you follow my tenants, you can come and leave as you please, so long as I am present to open the portal, that is," I replied which seemed to surprise him.

"What?" I asked easily noticing his surprise.

"I did not expect your answer," The Doctor answered simply, reaching out to grab some nearby lavender which he held in hand, looking at it.

"Ah, I understand," I replied with understanding, "Well, you have no need to worry about being chased or imprisoned here. All you would need to do is ask, and I will let you go. Hopefully, after we cure the Pestilence, that is," I commented before creating a clearing in the lavender field.

"Now, I need you to tell me exactly what you will need for a lab."

...

Meanwhile, in the aftermath at Site !@#!$, an Old man could be seen standing before a scene where many figures shrouded in darkness could be seen sitting around a table.

"Are you saying It escaped, Director?" One of the figures asked.

"Yes, sir. After dispatching the Task Force and the facilities' Guards, SCP-3539 proceeded to steal any items that caught its attention, tossing them into his personal dimension. We do not know what happened after the battle, due to the cameras being destroyed, but 3539 disappeared and the convoy transporting the statuesque creature the SCP produced was attacked minutes later and the creature disappeared as well," The Site Director reported.

"Your incompetence has been noted Director," Another of the Figures spoke up, "Consider this your last warning. We will not tolerate any more failures. Failing once more will result in termination. Resume your duties, begin repair of all damage, and contain any SCPs that became loose after the battle," One of the voices ordered.

"And 3539?" The Director asked.

"None of your concern. We want a full report sent through the given channels at the end of the month, we expect results, Director, your life depends on it," With that, the screens flickered off, leaving the old man alone in his office.

The SCP may have escaped, but the Foundation will find them, and contain them.

46