11 – A ‘pleasant’ meeting with an Old Doctor
2.3k 12 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I quickly realized that Lord Blackwood was clearly a talker, as I found it difficult to leave after first conversing with him. The man...the Slug, was quite the conversationalist, always having something more to talk about, more tales, more adventures, and more hunts.

One thing I will say is that the man was certainly a trove worth of information, not only of many secret and unknown places around the world but also of tribes, history, animals, insects, and so much more, and while I would love to continue talking to the man, I feel I have spent too much time with him already, as three hours had passed and the tea we drank had grown cold long ago.

"While it's been a lovely conversation I have had with you, Lord Blackwood, I am afraid I must leave; perhaps you would like to continue our conversation in the future?" I asked, sipping the last of my tea.

"Ha! No worries. I understand you are young and full of energy and that it may be boring to talk to an old man such as myself. So, go, I'll be here when you are ready to listen to some fantastic stories," Lord Blackwood laughed and waved me off with his...arm?

Nodding, I got up from the table, leaving Lord Blackwood to do whatever he does in his free time.

Leaving his cell, I stepped out into the hall and briefly glanced at the Guard, who still shadowed me. He was clearly growing tired and having nearly fallen asleep during Lord Blackwood's recounts of his adventures, and he was clearly frustrated.

"You're clearly tired. How long have you been up?" I asked, curious.

Getting only silence, I sighed, "How about this, lead me to wherever we can get a replacement. That way, I'm still under watch and Guard, and you can get some sleep," I suggested.

However, he refused, stating, "I can't allow that."

Sighing, I suddenly raised my arm, shifting it to that of my Eldritch form; before the man could even react, my appendage wrapped around his throat, and he began to suffocate.

He struggled and gasped for air.

His eyes reddened, and tears streamed down his face, but I was calm. Eerily so.

"Shhhh, do not worry, you are simply going to sleep, and Ḑ̷̨̛͚̗̗̼̅̋̒͋͘R̶̤̭͈̦̟̙͍̦͊̔͒̍Ȩ̷̯̩̊̔͌̆A̸̡͓̯̬̩͊͌̕Ṃ̸̢̹̳͓̭̺͇̽̐̀." As his eyes closed and his brain was forced to slip unconscious, I didn't realize I had done something to the man. That I let him Ḑ̷̨̛͚̗̗̼̅̋̒͋͘R̶̤̭͈̦̟̙͍̦͊̔͒̍Ȩ̷̯̩̊̔͌̆A̸̡͓̯̬̩͊͌̕Ṃ̸̢̹̳͓̭̺͇̽̐̀.

Nor did I realize that for but a moment, the full weight of my presence weighed on the entire facility, attracting the attention of numerous personnel and SCPs, yet just like a dream, it was quickly forgotten or believed to be of their imagination.

Easily setting him down on the ground and against the wall, I focused on his soul and the beating of his heart.

He was calm. He was asleep.

Giving the man a sad smile, I spoke, "I hope you will get some good sleep now. It's no fun having to work while tired."

Turning back around, I continued walking down the hall.

For minutes, I walked, letting me wonder how the Foundation was able to build so many sites and somehow still keep it under wraps.

These facilities had to cost millions upon millions of dollars, and while I knew that the Foundation had connections with almost every country in the world, I still wondered if they left even a smidgen of trace and why someone hadn't found it, or perhaps someone did, and the Foundation covered their tracks and either tuned whoever found the trace into D-Class or used amnestic treatments.

The Foundation certainly enjoyed their amnestic treatments, and it was one of their most well-known and well-used methods of containing any leaked information.

I maneuvered through the long corridors and empty hallways of the site, going intangible to avoid any Guards that neared as I, frankly, didn't want to be bothered or stopped at the moment.

Soon enough, I found yet another cell, this one clearly much more important as it had a large metal gate that read 049.

Well. That's a number I wasn't expecting to see.

With one fluid motion, I walked through the gate, turning myself briefly intangible.

Before me was an open room with two doors; on the right was a door with the plague 'Observation' plastered above it, while the other was unlabeled, probably the door that led to 049's containment cell.

Noticing a camera in the corner flashing with a red light, I simply glanced at it for a few moments before walking deeper into the room and phasing through the door on the left side of the room, finding myself in a short hallway where yet another door lay to the right at the end of the hall.

Walking down the corridor and stopping at the door, I knocked three times and waited for a few moments before phasing through.

I found myself in a quaint room absolutely filled with old antiques. A strong lavender smell pervaded the room, covering everything in its scent.

In the corner of the room was a potted plant filled with flowers.

Sitting right next to that small table in a chair was the entity I was looking for.

A creature wearing a Plague Doctor's outfit with a bird mask was none other than the Plague Doctor, SCP 049.

Sipping from some sort of tea with a book in hand, the Doctor slowly looked up to observe me before suddenly freezing.

Suddenly, the porcelain cup and book in his hands fell to the ground as the Plague Doctor rushed to his feet and over to me, far faster than I have ever seen the 'Man' move in any media.

"HOW?!" The Doctor screamed.

Having no desire to be touched by him, I became intangible, and his hands thrust through my body.

Screaming, his eyes were filled with madness as he fruitlessly tried to grab me, but of course, he could not touch me.

"What are you?!" The Doctor screamed, frustration in his voice.

'I did not expect him to react so poorly to my presence,' I thought to myself.

"A simple Ǫ̶̛͈̗̭̘̥͐͌͗̽͠ͅͅǘ̷̢͉͍̙͓͈͇̈́̈́̊́̓̇͂͒t̸͔̞̱̝͓͙̥̐̔̆̈́̐͗͑͠ͅs̵̭̖̭͕̮̣͋͌̑ị̵̜͚̪̹̈́̾͗͝d̵̨̪̙̠̃͊ḛ̷̻͎̣̘̱̥̉͆̐͂̽͌̕͝r̷̢̲͂̇̈́̏̒̀̉͗͠. May I ask why you reacted so when seeing my figure?" 

"Why do you not have the Pestilence? How?! I must know! Tell me!" He screamed.

Oh. Well, that would do it.

"As my name would suggest, I am not of this world. So, it is only logical that I would not have this 'Pestilence' you refer to," I tried to explain.

"No! You'd still eventually contract the pestilence as long as you are in the presence of those that are infected!" The Doctor screamed.

"Can you stop shouting?" I asked with a frown, my voice remaining calm.

Although I could simply force him to calm down, that would require me materializing, and I'd honestly rather not test the Doctor's anomalous ability to kill things he touches.

Not waiting for an answer, I walked over to a chair and sat down, though I was more technically flexing my legs and acting as if I was sitting.

It took a while for him to calm down, but when he did, he clearly seemed to be still frustrated and now tired.

"You good?" I asked, concerned as most of the room was trashed in his rage.

"I'm...fine," He seethed.

"Now that you've calmed down, how about we talk?" I suggested.

73