chapter 52 : Luna’s Brews
308 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“1 silver and its yours”

“What do you mean 1 silver , its just a normal city map which doesn’t even have some good info marked on it , the best I can do is 60 copper”

“90 copper is the lowest I will go ”

“80 and we will have a deal”

“Ughh , sure 80 copper it is , here” said the stall owner as he gave gin the city map after he received 80 copper from gin.

“Master here I got a map for the city , all the major institutions and info for the commoner district are marked on it .”

“Fucker how can someone spend so long just to buy a single map ?”

“Sorry master but I was negotiating with the owner and thanks to that we save 20 copper”

“You do know that I earn more than 10 gold a day right and what you just did was a total waste of my time ?”

“…” gin couldn’t say anything and just bowed his head lower , gin was a commoner before and him negotiating and getting a 20 copper discount meant a lot to someone like him who used to earn only as much as 3-4 silver a day and just because of his old habits he completely forgot about his master being filthy rich.

After taking the map from gin , ruth saw all the buildings that were marked on it and asked something from gin,

“So what place should we visit first ”

“…”

“Fucking hell how can you be so useless , I think its high time I get a new secretory if only mauve was allowed to enter the city .” Ruth fumed on gin for being as useless as ever.

“So potion shop it is and I might finally find a use for my hypnosis skill hehe” ruth said under his lips in a voice so low not even gin who was standing beside him could hear it.

And looking at the map they started walking towards the potion shop , they were actually standing about 30 meters from where leo dropped them off near the stalls buying maps and other useful stuff.

As ruth and gin were walking into the city ruth was a bit astonished to see a few things , first of all the people here were definitely more posh and had better lifestyle than even the richest from his village even though they are all commoners.

But that was not the strangest thing he found , what ruth found the strangest were demi-humans or in simpler terms , people from different races.

These races included lamias the race with lower body of a snake and upper body of a human , beastkins , mostly cat and fox people and the other race was lizardfolk.

this was weird for ruth to actually see all these races in human town because he was just wondering then why were goblins or hogs considered monsters and why has he never seen one in the village ever ?

He was thinking about it all but he wasn’t completely lost in the thought process , he was observing the surroundings and taking a lot of stuff in .

In his village the villagers had single storey houses made from stone and some sort of concrete but here all the houses were large , mostly being 3 storeys which had a lot of money spent on their appearance .

Do keep it in mind though , the lot of money ruth thought was neither a lot of money for him neither nobles but for normal commoners especially from the villages that was indeed a heck of a lot of money.

With a 5 minute short walk , gin and his secretory got in front of a store that was on the outerside of the commoner district with very low passerbys and stopped there standing at its door.

The store was a 2 storey old and run down building with a wooden board that read ‘luna’s brews’ clearing means a potion store but if for some the name wasn’t enough of a detail then the store had huge glass doors at the main entry with potion bottles and test tubes drawn on them.

Ruth looked at the map and then at the store as he checked that they were at the right store , it wasn’t that he wasn’t able to tell it was a potion store but because this store was recommended by the village doctor catherine , well more like catherine orders her potions from here and that was what ruth double checked.

Putting the city map in his pocket ruth walked forward and opened the store’s door

*ding**ding*

as he entered the store ,  he heard a feminine voice ,

“Greetings seeker !”

The voice came from the right side and as ruth turned his head to see the source of this sound it was a female lamia that had green hair and green eyes , her lower body had a serpent’s tail with white and green shades on the scales while her upper body was humans just like any lamia .

Her upper body’s skin was pale in color showing signs of malnutrition which was even more clear with her sunken cheeks and lean waist but what wasn’t lean was her breasts , her breasts were atleast e cup only second to emily.

“What might young master be looking for “

Ruth looked at her for a second and then looked away , she was good looking and had ruth’s attention but he had more stuff to do than fucking girls right now.

Ruth moved his eyes through the entire store , the store was smaller than ruth would have thought but it was already amazing as he doesn’t know anything about potions .

Within the store were many shelves with small vials and tubes storing colorful liquid were kept with a name slip placed near the bottom indicating the type of potion ranging from ‘mana potion’ to ‘aphrodisiac’ ahem..

“So are you the owner or do you work here ?”

“Young master I am but a worker here how could a lamia own a store .”

“Do you know catherine from meltia village ? “

“Ohh the doctor from meltia village , I do know her ,  she buys all her potion from us .”

“Great , I was recommended by her to come here for my potion order , so can you call your owner to come .”

“Bu-but sorry for my rudeness young master but I- I can also take potion orders…

“Can you take an order for 100 mana potions yourself ? “

“No-no young master , I will immediately call the owner here please wait here” and saying that the lamia started running , more like slither ,  towards the gate possibly leading to the owner’s room.

But why was ruth here in the first place and even worse buying 100 potions ? Well because the day he punished all the villagers with cutting their arms he and catherine used a lot of mana potions trying to use heal on everyone .

[observe]
[aria (lamia) - level 35
Health Status : malnutrition . Overworked . Tired . slaved
Owner : luna pejro
Class : potion grandmaster ( max evolution ) ]

‘Hahaha , what a fucking jackpot . Imagine the first target I find is a golden egg laying chicken hahaha.’

Ruth’s lips curled up after he saw aria’s status and was internally laughing , gin who stood across observed the change in his master’s expression and a shiver ran down his spine as he couldn't guess what his master was thinking about now and what he might be thinking of doing.

After a few moments the door to backside opened again and this time aria came out with another women , the women was quite old and had white hair with brown eyes . Her face had a few wrinkles but her body was still decently built , showing no weakness as supposedly to her age . she wore a brown gown that covered her skin and body , well she had nothing to see anyways . She was what you will call flat . Both upper and lower .

Ruth was actually weirded about by the appearance of the old lady , how she was still able to move and work so well at that age but was somehow flat as a cardboard but still didn’t show his disgust on the face.

“I assume you are the one who wanted to make the order ?” said the old woman as he stood across ruth with a look as she checked ruth from top to bottom and even now looking down on him due to his appearance.

“Yes it was me , name’s ruth lenora , nice to meet you …

“Oh silly me , where are my manners , its luna pejro ”

“So you said you needed to make an order for 100 mana potions right ? Since catherine recommended you , i hope you  know the price is 5 silver per bottle right , are you sure you can even afford that many ?”

[observe]

[luna pejro - level 46
Health status : drugged . Old
Class : potion master (2 evolutions below potion grandmaster)]

Considering her body language she doesn’t seem to be high ( drugged  high ) that must means she is taking ergogenic drugs to increase her body performance at this old age huh. Ruth was thinking about this as his lips curled up to form a smile as he didn't even bother thinking about her looking down on him .

[hypnosis]

Ruth’s eyes turned purple for a second as he looked directly into luna’s eyes , as she did look in his eyes , her eyes also shined purple for just a moment going unnoticed by everyone except ruth.

“I am ruth lenora and I believe miss luna can do it for 1 silver per bottle right ,  also how much for that lamia there ?”

“Yes definitely young master , we can sell it to you for 1 silver per bottle and for this useless bitch you can have her for 10 gold . Even though she is useless she can make decent potions.”

‘Huh ? Why can she talk like that isn’t she supposed to be  hypnotized , she lowered the potion price but tried to negotiate for aria , why is that so system’

[target’s level is very similar to host’s hence the hypnosis couldn’t work perfectly but only worked partially]

‘Thats just bullshit , didn’t the description say I can use it on anyone lower than my level …. Fuck ... it did work just not as well as it should have .’

“10 gold for her is too much , look how underfed  she it , one punch and she might just die and considering you said her to be useless , 7 gold seems like just the right price for her ”

“Young master , 10 gold is already cheaper than the normal market price only because of her condition , but because you have bought 100 potions I can give 1 gold discount”

luna who was standing at the side of these two people just saw them bargain over her but the worst thing she could do nothing , 

“8 gold”

“9 gold”

“8 gold 50 silver”

“8 gold 80 silver”

“Fuck , 8 gold , 60 silver and we have a deal” said ruth exclaiming a little bit visibly frustated from her .

“We have a deal young master , this bitch is now yours .”

“Bu…but mas…..” aria tried to say something but was interrupted by luna ,

“Shut up I own you and I can sell you if I want and that I did , sorry young master she can be like that sometimes but she is very diligent and can work even if you dont feed her regularly .

“To transfer her ownership we will to visit a slave trader .” luna said as she interrupted her useless lamia and now sold her to the young master standing in front of her .

“Good , so here is your payment for the slave and the potions.” Ruth said as he handed her 9 gold and 80 silver coins .

Gin who was standing at the back looking at what was happening here was astonished beyond belief , where he wasted a few minutes trying to save 20 copper , his master just saved 4 gold on potions and 1 gold 20 silver on the slave without even trying hard or acting desperate as if its just natural.

He wasn’t astonished because he saved 1gold 20 silver on lamia but because a lamia can be very expensive from a slave trader where the cheapest ones can go for 20 gold.

His master just bought things for 20% their market price as if it was perfectly natural and even negotiated the price even lower and seeing it all gin was disappointed in himself .

It wasn’t that he didn’t try his best for his master but gin was a normal hunter from the village having no money or even extra skills which could be useful to his master.

He was sad that he wasn’t useful to his master , he was sad that he will soon be replaced by someone else but he did feel great because he got the chance to serve his master from the 160 people that live in the village.

“Lets go and have aria transferred shall we ? "

8