chapter 62 : Lets Play
191 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unlike the commoner district there weren’t many small stalls near the entry gate constantly asking you to buy their shitty products .

The commoner district was decently clean and maintained but the noble district was just too good to compare to the former .

The noble district was VERY clean and each and everything was well maintained , fixed and painted to keep it at close to its original state as possible making them look clean and almost newish.

The buildings in the commoner district were usually 3 storey or 2 storey but here the numbers of buildings that were 3 storey was almost close to none ,

All the buildings were mostly two storey and lower , the buildings here however weren’t houses at all , they were all stores and only stores.

These buildings were very fancy and even the worst of these would be better than the most expensive and grand one there is in the commoner district .

But why are these expensive and luxury looking buildings only used as stores you may ask ? The answer is simple how could those arrogant and rich nobles live in these weird stacking buildings when they can have mansions and even castles to live in.

Aria has come in here a few times before for orders and purchases and hence she wasn’t any surprised but ruth was a little surprised by the state of the district that's all.

The roads were wider and well built but the number of people on the streets were significantly lower than from commoner district , making the streets look almost completely empty of people but that wasn’t really the case.

The duo had stopped just a few steps from the gate because of ruth taking in all the changes and differences and in just a few moments they started walking again.

They had no idea what they were here to buy or wanted to look for and hence just started window shopping .

 

...

 

“Hmm” ruth muttered

Aria heard her master and stopped and looked at where he was looking and it was a potion store .

“Why is that potion marked as mana potion when its different color from the ones in luna’s store and look there is another which is now another color “ ruth asked aria about the different color of potions he saw that were marked as mana potion.

“ Master mana potions are available in different grades , higher the grade the better it is and the harder it is to make and hence the more expensive it is , the ones luna sold were low grade mana potion and these are mid grade and high grade”

“Hmmm… how effective and expensive are we talking here ?” ruth asked as he kept looking at the potions

“ Mid grades are about 2-3x the effectiveness from low grade but at least 5x the price . High grades can be as much as 9 - 10 times the effectiveness from low grade but their price can be as much as 50 times .”

“ So you mean to say 1 high grade is just as expensive as the 50 low grades I bought ? “

“ Yes and no , yes the ratio is same but master somehow managed to get a discount otherwise normally the price is higher than what master actually paid “ aria said answering her master.

Ruth just smiled wryly when she mentioned the discount but didn’t say anything and instead thought about the potions , so 1 high grade is usually 2.5 gold coins huh .

“So its just 2.5 gold right ? Its not that expensive then considering how effective it actually is .”

“Huh ?” aria was stunned when she heard her master

“…”

“ I don’t think master’s sense of money is okay , 2-3 gold is the annual fee for academy per student and with 5 gold you could feed a family of 4 with meat three times a day for weeks  ”

“Hehe” ruth just smiled awkwardly and scratched the back of his neck.

Ruth didn’t enter the store and just continued with his window shopping seeing all the things .

 

...

 

Time passed and eventually the sun was setting down , the sky became colored with the shade of orange making the sky even more beautiful.

The streets became quieter and a few stores were already closing but some were now getting even more customers like pubs and bars.

Ruth and aria were currently just exiting the noble district through the north gate that they had entered through .

Though they looked like they bought nothing they did buy a few small items its just that they were inside ruth’s inventory so that they do not have to carry them around.

And as they entered the commoner district the view changed , in the noble district there were very less number of people outside and mostly they were slaves , maids and butlers just doing chores for their masters while here the number of slaves was significantly lesser than humans but the fact was that the number of humans in here was significantly more than the noble district so much so that the total beings on road inside noble district were somehow lesser than just the slaves in commoner district.

And here there were many more inns because of adventurers , its not that nobles are not adventurer its just that they are very rare and usually are the low star nobles that are at the very bottom of the nobles which though noble aren't that better off than rich commoners.

The taverns and inns were flocking with people laughing and enjoying their time together , ruth just smiled slightly not seeing them enjoy their lives but thinking that he would later be the owner of all these people and will be using them like tools and slaves.

 

...

 

“Boss , that guy and the lamia just left the noble district but they don’t seem to be carrying anything , maybe they are just broke” said a guy in red t-shirt to another guy that was sitting on a wooden crate .

“But considering the time they were inside and how he can also afford the suit and a lamia he must be very rich and they doesn’t seem to be very strong either.” Another guy that was standing besides the red t-shirt guy spoke to the guy sitting on crate.

“Hmm , he must be the son of some rich commoner merchant with the way he dressed and with how he isn’t even carrying a weapon we should be able to take them on , josh and jeral , go and lure them in here , I am ready with my weapons and don’t scare them off early” the guy called as boss by the other spoke ordering the two guys.

 

...

 

Hmm…

We were just walking normally towards leo’s wagon but I could sense that we are being followed by some people ,

By the sounds of their footsteps they should only be 2 of them and considering they couldn’t even hide their presence from that far back they shouldn’t be strong either but even then I can’t be arrogant .

So not wanting to raise their suspicion about me finding them out I didn’t react at all and just kept on walking like I was doing before.

After a few more steps I slowly closed the distance between me and aria , though it is hard for her to ‘walk’ properly when I am that close because of her tail slithers but I moved even closer and held her by the waist.

She was a bit surprised because we were in the public but still didn’t say anything to me and just accepted my advances , I leaned my face closer to her and held her head by my hand.

At this point we already slowed down a bit to not fall when we are not looking at the road but still didn’t stop completely to say that we were completely still.

To her it felt that I wanted to kiss so she curled her lips and leaned a little towards me but I moved my lips towards her ears instead and whispered ,

“ we are being followed by two guys for a while now , I do not know their motives and I should be able to deal with them but be careful , do not act rashly”

Though disappointed that she didn’t get a kiss she didn’t thought about it any longer as she was just told about their stalkers .

The two got out of their small hug and walked as they were just very vary of their surroundings now.

“Tch these motherfuckers,  if only I was also born in a rich household like that guy I would also be kissing and fucking girls all day long” said josh

“Move faster we have already wasted a lot of time , you follow them straight I will be flanking to the right” said jeral as he slowly moved to the right for the right flank.

 

...

 

*boom*

A loud sound came from the right as ruth moved his head towards the sound , before he could completely understand what was happening he felt a sword striking at him from the right .

Ruth also pulled out a sword from his inventory and instantly countered the attack to his neck

*screeek*

A very high pitched sound of swords clashing was heard but fortunately or unfortunately there were no people near them to hear the sound .

*boom*

The impact of jeral’s attack on ruth was negligible except the fact that the two were now inside a dark alley .

Though jeral’s main plan was to kill the guy in one hit but this was just a plan b kinda thing he learned from his boss , the only reason for that flank was this attack to force ruth inside a alley and it worked just as he planned.

Ruth was now inside a not so dark alley , it was dark but there was enough light to make out people’s faces and their movements if somebody focused hard enough.

With him there were three more people , jeral the one who forced him in here , josh the other guy who was following them and the guy jeral and josh called boss.

The three had - in a way circled ruth leaving him no way to escape except somehow flying out of there.

The first thing after the attack he did was check the levels and stats of all the guys here and turns out they are half decent .

[jeral femo - level 29 ]
[josh femo - level 25 ]
[anthony hast - level 38]

Ruth found out that the guy named anthony was the strongest but even then he was weaker than him but even if he was similar level to ruth , there was one thing that made ruth stronger than anyone at same level than him , his heal skill and his attribute mana control.

Ruth just stood there and smiled like a kid who just received new toys to play with , ruth had tested the powers of his mana control but never on a living target and they were going to be his guinea pig .

“Lets play ”

2