Six Months, Egypt, Pet Acquired?
16 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been maybe six months? Since I've begun working with Yoruichi in the whole Gotei 13 assassin branch thing. The bunch there is honestly a bunch of up tight dumbasses following a rigid style too much. Almost as if they believe assassin work is all about a set motion. When I mentioned this on the first day seeing them all at work, Yoruichi chuckled wryly and tried to defend them a little.

But since I have my old memories mixed with a kid, I'm not going to accept the excuses she gave. So I rather ruthlessly tire into her excuses given my pride in being an assassin. Being an assassin is like being Agent 47. Calm, collected, unpredictable, quick, patient, and efficient to take the target out before they even know what's happened. She is a ninja, so I can accept her style as she is wholly unpredictable yet has a disciplined set of rules to follow. Just I didn't like the other's methods as a rookie from my world would have snapped their neck like a twig suddenly because they just lacked true awareness and paranoia.

When I was telling her about the problems, I could see a young woman approaching us and when she was close enough she bowed to Yoruichi. All before she even looked at me and showed a displeased face, but I only shrugged at her that day.

"Master Yoruichi, your back, that is good. How did the assignment from Commander Yamamoto go in recruiting those unusual Shinigami?"

"Ah Suì-Fēng, good to see you haven't been slacking in their training, in my opinion not someone else's though. For the mission, it didn't exactly go as hoped for the old head captain, but I managed to bring back Lara's son. He is like the rest of his family in the American branch, awakened to a past life and he was in our line of work. He awoke too early, however, much to his mother's displeasure and my amused embarrassment. His name is Zero Carrion, and you can see his Zanpakutō over his shoulder and on his right thigh."

"Yo, I'm Zero, nice to meet you Suì-Fēng. Hope we get along and learn from each other. As you are Yoruichi's bodyguard, aren't you? I can tell by your look of displeasure, your body posture is ready to kill me if I do something unapproved, and your general attitude is mostly seeing the kitty as a type of idol. As she likely has given your life a type of purpose, yes?"

When I said that much that day, Suì-Fēng and Yoruichi were surprised. I could guess that much, half of it from fading memories during the war. After that though when Yoruichi tried to have me train with the others I instead made my own game style of that training. I used the skills of my past life and those mystical ones that the weapons of your soul are supposed to offer. Like those sakura petal swords one man has from my memories of this world.

I used Megami's ability that helped me shape shift like a rogue in DND, to play and mess with the assassin branch, much to their displeasure, not my fault they're rigid. Kūsho's ability is, well, all for killing effectively, so I've not touched it yet. Although just their base abilities are great, they should get more down the line. While messing with the assassin bunch was fun and all, I eventually met some weird ass scientist and captain called Kisuke Urahara.

He was apparently Yoruichi's childhood friend, along with a man called Tessai Tsukabishi, he is the captain of the Kidō Corps. Now something had struck me as off upon meeting these two and Yoruichi, along with seeing that orange haired kid. Something from my memories is telling me these three vanished one hundred years ago, so why are they here? Thinking it over slowly these past few months, the only thing I could come up with is those events haven't happened yet.

As one hundred years here is ten, as I'm understanding, ten hours on the human side? Don't know as again fucking different world type, so time is weird, I only know they're here for now! Also I would later on cause trouble in the Beast Realm. I befriended a Sheep Queen, an Alpaca King, a Jackal, and a Moray Eel Empress when I visited but traumatized others because I was a "petting terrorist".

After Yoruichi figured she couldn't get me to train correctly as a member of her corps, I was made into Suì-Fēng's tag along follower. Yoruichi's lieutenant, Marenoshin Ōmaeda, was in charge of stuff while Yoruichi was out doing missions for the old grandpa running the Gotei 13. Although in my fourth month of being with Yoruichi was when I met Marenoshin. He tried calling me a peasant, so I shot him in the knee five times with Megami.

Yoruichi didn't try to stop me, as she later mentioned she wanted to do something harmful to him as well. But alas noble families are held in high regard to most. To me though just because a person is a noble doesn't mean they're special, they're just a peacock flaunting a status of importance. Needless to say the nobles haven't enjoyed my presence. Now on the other hand, training with Suì-Fēng has honestly been fun. She's very patient with me in trying to get back up to par with my old abilities and even incorporates what I've shown ir told into it.

Although that uh symbol shit that Tessai-san helps leads, I don't get that one bit, so I gave up on it. It's like math, I don't do math, if I shoot or throw something I don't do the calculations I just move instinctively. Suì-Fēng after seeing me try those arts was stumped as they all blew up when I tried, literally even a level one of each blew up on me. So I just told her I'll be a suicide bomber if in close range given how it all blows up.

She didn't like that one bit, I was berated for TWELVE HOURS by her for that. Megami on the other hand when I first blew something up screamed "EXPLOOOOSION!" So she definitely has seen my memories, given we're one person. I wonder if she will use explosive rounds eventually or something similar I can use? If so then we can go explosion happy if she'd want.

Given all those things that have been happening since I came here I'm a bit tired. However, me, Yoruichi, and Suì-Fēng are currently visiting the Egypt Soul Society. To gather some reports from them regarding their hollows and occurrences, which their hollows are frankly more appealing looking. They got actual looking animal hollows while Japan has creepy ones, that's just not right. I prefer looking at a Jackal Hollow over some weird blob mask fucker or a literal butt… that fucker farted once and I lit her up.

While we were gathering the reports and talking with the branch members in their records/library wing. A black jackal with gold markings appeared. She was wearing a looser style of the captain's uniform, given she lives in a hot climate area, as she entered the archives of the branch looking for someone or something. Seeing us three, she gave us a respectful bow, like how a Japanese would, which was surprising as other branches sometimes don't care for something like that. They typically have an ego and expect you to conform to their stuff.

When she lifted her head again, her eyes wandered as she studied us three, before chuckling at something unknown to us. The one in charge of the archives hearing her looked over from a stack of reports he had been gathering and greeted them.

"Ah good evening Captain Anubis. How are you today?"

"Evening, Lieutenant Falkur, I am doing well. I came to see old records of Feline Hollows, but I see a trio from the Japanese branch here. Although one looks more American, it is still good to see members from the other branches. Is there something the Gotei 13 is in need of?"

Captain Anubis spoke in a rather calm and motherly tone that surprised us a bit, admittedly. As the Egypt branch has some of the roughest Shinigami combat wise. America has Shinigami more focused on being unruly and destructive compared to Japan's more disciplined Shinigami. Every country has a branch that's more focused on a certain aspect, but the Russian branch is the one place that brings them all together. Anubis still had her eyes on us, but seeing as Yoruichi and Suì-Fēng aren't gonna talk yet, I'll ask to pet the jackal cause she's basically a dog.

"Can I pet you? You look fluffy, and I will admit I'm a culprit of petting anything animal-like. It's why the Beast Realm has guards to restrain me when I visit with Yoruichi. I apparently petted one to many royalty once and when I was asked to stop I didn't. The sheep lady didn't mind though since I was complimenting how soft her fleece or wool was."

Hearing me, Yoruichi gave me a tired look of exasperation, remembering that scene clearly. I wasn't even with her for a day upon arriving and I did something outlandish. Suì-Fēng looked at me with murderous intent while silently telling me to stop right now. As if I'm being disrespectful and could get us in trouble. The archiver who turned out to be high ranked chuckled as he looked at me like I was some exotic troublemaker. Captain Anubis was the one trying to not laugh her ass off though as she looked at me, did news of that spread in the Beast Realm?

"Kid, what is your name? I want to confirm something if that is alright, afterwards sure I'll let you pet me."

"Zero Carrion, and let me guess, I petted someone from here as well? Because I met a lot of beasts when I visited that place. I will shamelessly admit that, as I even gave head pats to an elephant and lion."

Hearing me, the captain chuckled loudly and shook her head, looking at Yoruichi who looked exhausted just remembering my spree. When the captain asked her something, the cat ninja's tired sigh was all she needed as an answer. I didn't forget the promise, though, as I vanished quickly under everyone's gazes and appeared on a shelf. Directly by captain Anubis and started stroking the jackal's head, which startled her as I virtually teleported from her view.

Although, as I started petting her everyone chuckled wryly at me forgetting them all. I focused on my objective. Pet the big humanoid dog.

"Captain Yoruichi, he is a unique one, isn't he? But it's good to see the kid who made my usually quiet son say something. As I remember the news of a kid on the loose petting everyone he saw, when I saw him and my son I was surprised. But then he vanished upon seeing me, and my son was thanking me for being freed."

"Haa yeah, I didn't think he'd do anything when I brought him there, but I forgot one of his statements. So I didn't keep an eye on him, and he caused that incident, the one thing he has picked up from me though is Shunpo. Which is all he picked up from our training. He is honestly as fast as me when it comes to petting an animal and fleeing, or assassination when is he focused."

"Heh well, he is welcomed anytime at the Anubis clan if he can make my son talk. Now though, I can see why Queen Drömmar liked his company before her clan caught him. He has some rather nimble fingers and focuses on making it comfortable when he pets someone."

Hearing this, Yoruichi chuckled as she had to agree with Anubis, at how attentive he is that he could be a groomer. Yet the kid is an assassin and rather murderous at that, not even playing dead saves you. Since well he likes "eight tapping" the dead. That it's honestly surprising what all he can do outside those quirks of his.

He has been caught sewing up torn clothing for people, although when Aizen would ask, he attacks then flees. Still can't exactly pinpoint why but he absolutely hates Aizen with a murderous passion. When it was time to go back to Gotei 13, without any delays Zero reappeared by Suì-Fēng, and waved goodbye to the two Egyptian Shinigami's. After they had left and reappeared back in Gotei 13, Zero asked a question and his question made both women with him stumble.

"Hey 'mom' and can I have a pet? I'll behave and kill whoever you want for one."

Hearing this both women looked at each other, but didn't seem to really understand each other. Since Suì-Fēng face planted hearing her captain. Followed by coughing blood when she heard the last bit between the two, that she just needed to scream at them. Causing her captain to respond with a groan as she spoke back to her bodyguard.

"Kid you pet me a lot like one so let's just say I'm your cat, will you behave then?"

"Hard bargain but sure let's go with that."

"WHY ARE YOU BOTH SO CASUAL ABOUT THAT?! YORUICHI-SAMA PLEASE DON'T JOKE LIKE THAT!! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN MENTION THAT?! YOUR A CAPTAIN NOT A PET!!"

"But the kid pampers me when I'm a cat... So I wouldn't really care, only Urahara would, since it's teasing material. Plus he just gets his fingers into all the right spots when he scratches me."

"Don't forget the belly rubs."

Zero's comment only furthering the groaning.

1