A whole new world, A new fantastic point of view
65 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment that Simon appeared in this world  what welcomed him was a fantastic scenery and also a little bit of pain as he fall from two meters from air.

His surroundings were filled with a sea of clouds like cotton.

He looked down on his feet and what he saw was a red-like soil, the whole terrain was red. It was a wonderous sight to behold.

'How the hell I will get down?' That was the first thing in Simon head.

It was certainly problematic as the whole terrain was steep. 

"Well first of all, gotta see if there's something that I can eat and drink " 

Simon began to walk around the mountain, there was some bushes and a few little trees.

For around fourty minutes he search the whole area. What he found?

Bird poop, and some kind of berries. Aside from that, dry sticks and dead grass.

'How barren' Simon thought.

"Well certainly I need to get down from here, but how I'm suppose to do this?" Simon started scratching his head while making a troubled face.

'It would be okay if I was reborn as a baby or something, but nope, he just thrown me here god damn' 

He could try his abilities by getting down by his own hands, but that most probably will end up with him dead, again.

"FUCK!" Simon roared loud.

'well certainly the view here is marvelous, should I sit and watch the sunset? But without anything to ate and drink I would die. Forget about that, how can I breathe so smoothly here? I should be above a few kilometers up. Would I not face hypoxia?' Simon head began a train of thought without him noticed it.

.

.

.

Camille was coming from burning a castle, there lived a certain human noble that pissed her a few weeks ago, he claimed that she was the daughter of a snake and that he didn't feared her. A blatantly insult for her. She taked it notice of that because of a friend of her that usually came to hunt in the forest under her nest. 

When Camille's friend finished telling her what that noble said, she flew in anger, blowing smoke through her nose and mouth. Then she began to incinerate all of that man's land until her anger began to diminish.

'hmph, that will suffice. Now that human will understand that he can't afford to get us angry. Insignificant being, how dare you say that I am a snake?' Camille began to rejoice herself in vanity while cursing him. She was flying to her nest to rest for a few days maybe weeks, she deserved it. Or that is what she thinks.

Dragons are superior magical beings that generally live thousands of years, they are greedy, arrogant and lonely by nature. Camille is from an ancient clan of Void-Dragons, she did know this because once a human mage tell her this and a few other things in exchange for letting him study her for a few weeks, she didn't know who her parents were or when she began to realize she was alive. But what she did know was that she was alone in this world, the last remnant of a void-Dragon was from dozen of thousands of years in a continent far away from where she fist remembered born. 

Young dragon's usually lives with their parent's until they are old enough to hunt by themselves. As they are avatars of magic, their body is coveted by the other races, that's why Dragon-hunters often kill newborns or young dragons when they found them without their parents, as an adult dragon is often impossible to face by normal means and required large numbers of the most powerful beings or representatives from all races to just kill one. And by that moment you will often find that a kingdom were destroyed in the heat of battle and thousand of lives were killed. That is why an adult Dragon appearing in the mortal world were a synonym of calamity.

Camille was lucky that her nest were in a peaceful place, were other races found hard just to get near. Even when she was a youngster she could easily run away to here and the dragon-Hunters will not dare to follow her. Just a few were powerful enough to dare to trespass the forest and mountains, and at the level of those people, a dragon does not mean any gain. They could not tame them, since the pride and arrogance of the Dragon makes them the first under the sky. If they are killed, their remains will attract many beasts and that could mean the birth of a powerful being that could threaten people who live near the mountain and its forests. Also often old dragons could share their wisdom that can give any normal person a chance to ascend to a higher being.

But although Camille was not threatened, she found her existence difficult to understand. When she generally travels incognito to cities and towns, she could see how normal people live their lives, how they have something that power could not give her and it was difficult for her to get it, friends and family. She has heard about how arrogant and proud dragons were, she was one, but what she longed for was someone to talk to. Yes, she has a friend who often comes and talks to her, but what can she do in the meantime when she isn't there?.

It was one of those times when Camille found a hobby, she would simulates her identity and takes a human form, then becomes an adventurer and tries to find a party. This is how she could fill a bit of her thirst for talking with someone.

It was her only way, in her normal form the people get scared away or feared her, they'll couldn't be like themselves in front of her.

While she was lost in what to do, the years went by, until today, nothing changed in how to solve her problems, but she found something to do. Erase those annoying human nobles, often she saw in the cities how despicable they can be.

Camille has come near her nest while she was  thinking.

' This is an important day, I should go to find those bearded monkeys to ask them today's date'  It was then when she started to hear and smell something unusual above her nest.

'Hmm? How can this be? what is a human doing over there? Didn't he see my marks?'

Camille flew up to the mountain top, where she saw a young human in weird clothes, he seems thinking about something while he looks at the clouds in the horizon. Camille was staring at him profoundly, she hasn't seen someone like him in the cities. He was tall considering his age and that he was human, at least that is what she seems to remember. He has a curly brown hair with a weird haircut. It looked for her like a helmet but she was sure that it was hair. 'How weird' His skin was a little pale and his eye color were... yellow? What is this, is he some kind of human-beast specie?

'No matter how I look at it, this human is weird, and what the hell is he doing here?'

Camille wanted to talk him but found the words unable to get out of her mouth.

'Not again, why It always happened to me?'

It was then when she saw the human looking at her with his mouth wide open.

.

.

.

'FUCK.

Yes, FUCK. That it's a dragon right there if I am not wrong. Did I fall into a Dragons lair? But that God told me to live well. How  I am suppose to live well in a mountain, with a Dragon? I'm dead.'

Simon wanted to scream, that dragon was enormous, he didn't found it first because he was absorbed looking the sunset. But then he began to notice something black in the surroundings. It was then when he saw it, making his soul leaving his body scared out.

'It didn't kill me at first sight, why's that?'

Simon grew his gut and asked.

"Am I in a bad place now Mr Dragon?"

"WHO'S A MR DRAGON!? YOU WEIRD."

With a thunderous voice the dragon response back.

'How rude of him, I was being nice with him, but is good that It can understand me'

Simon said to himself grudgingly.

"How I am weird? And sorry if I was impolite, but you see, I suddenly found myself here, I didn't wanted to intrude here." Simon said and began to explain himself, even if the dragon didn't asked.

"Can you please not eat me? I will find a way to get out of here in the next day's, I promise"

Simon was sweating bullets by being watched by that enormous Dragon. Even he didn't know how his voice was going out smoothly when he was so nervous.

The Dragon was still silent, his ferocious mouth filled with knife-like tooths was a little open, he didn't know if the dragon was angry or if it going to suddenly throw magic to him.

Simon waited for a few seconds until the dragon finally said something.

"...your name and how can you suddenly appear here?... why ... look like that?..." 

Simon couldn't understand well what the dragon said, he looked troubled with talking to him. 

'maybe this isn't his common language?' 

"Sorry but I couldn't hear you well, could you please repeat it?"

Simon asked faintly while looking down.

The dragon froze in the place and then it's tail began to move faster while his voice sounded explosive.

"WHAT IS YOUR NAME? YOU FILTHY HUMAN AND HOW CAN YOU APPEAR SUDDENLY IN MY MOUNTAIN? SPEAK, WHO SENT YOU HERE?" 

'Shit! How did I manage to trigger this Dragon with only a question?

calm down, calm down or you going to be fucked' Simon began to tremble at the sight of the dragon's anger, then began to squeeze his brain to find a good answer without triggering the Dragon anymore.

"Please don't kill me, I swear that I suddenly appear here, also my name is Simon... for the moment" Simon shut his eyes while blurt it out the words out of his mouth.

Meanwhile Camille was blaming herself for being unable to talk well with the human, she even manage to scare him much more than when he first saw her.

'It was his fault, how can he confuse me with a male dragon!? My scales didn't look that rough, right?'

She tried to maintain herself calm, then she talked again.

"I can't  guarantee that nobody send you here, but seeing you like that I guess you're not going to do something stupid... you said your name was Simon right? you can come down to my nest, here at night is dangerously cold for a human being like you. When you get down I'm going to ask you a few more things, ALSO I AM A FEMALE DRAGON, okay?" With that said Camille use her tail and began to hit the surface of mountain to make a path enough for Simon.

Simon was stupefied. Then he began to talk awfully and said.

"Thank you, I will try not to be a nuisance." Then he started to walk through the path that miss Dragon make for him.

"Does you have a name?" While he was walking down avoiding dangerous stones he tried to talk her.

Camille stopped for a moment, then she try to answer him.

"..."

"...aaaamille..." Faintly she said.

Suddenly she raise her voice.

"Camille!" As if that answer consume her strength, she began to walk slowly and her tail started to work slower.

'Does she have trouble speaking?' Simon think for himself.

"Nice to meet you Camille, and thanks for not eating me. Can I ask you another question?." Simon started to relax himself, while not forgetting about look at the path in front of him.

"You already did, but go ahead." Camille said.

"It is normal for a Dragon having a name like that? I mean, I used to think that Dragons name were a bit unusual, like Leviathan or Nidhogg." Simon asked with curiosity.

Camilla then halt and turn around to look at him with her eyes narrowed.

"And who are they? I am Camille, I rule this land and I don't need any other name than that."  She turn around again and keep walking while making a path for him.

"Also this name was given to me by someone I appreciate." 

Simon would lie if he say that she didn't scared him when she turned around a looked at him like that, it make him feel like he was a tiny rabbit in front of a tiger. Well a giant lizard in this case.

"Sorry I didn't mean to offend you, it was just were I came from that it's usually how they called dragon's."

Camille didn't let him off and asked.

"And where you come from?" 

'shit I didn't think of an excuse'

His eyes suddenly lit up and he say with certain mischievous.

"A God send me in this world you see, would you like to help this ambassador from Gods to carry on they're will?"

"No, those God's can go to hell, I will ask you again, where you come from? No games this time" Camilla said menacingly.

Simon looked trouble and he said with some ambiguity.

"Well, it's a strange town where everyone is selfish, I couldn't take it anymore so I run away from there, I guess I appear here trying to start again from zero" 

"So you didn't appear here suddenly, how did you manage to trespass all my traps?" Camille  didn't let him go this time.

"hey that was true, I appeared here suddenly, I swear it for my mom. Why you can't believe me? Even if I have the chance, why would I appear  in a Dragon's lair?" He tried to explain himself.

"It's my nest, not my lair. Also we are close, do not touch anything, these are my things, if I found that  you stole something, you're dead"

With that Camille crouch down and then shoot herself with a jump to a giant cave, the surroundings of the cave were surprisingly sculpted with a certain style. Simon could make some resemblances with the greek architecture. Also there was a road that goes down the mountain, but he couldn't see too much with the darkness in his surrounding and with only the faint light of the moons. 

The sky in this world was pretty different from the one of earth, here the sky has two small moons, one of them has a faint green color while the other one resemble a little bit with the one from earth.

'This look pretty good actually, set aside that I was kidnapped by a dragon, the night here is beautiful, also this dragon lair could be seen as an ancient archeological place. By far this is the most exciting thing that happened to me in years' Simon started to ponder in his mind without noticing how much he changed from a few hours ago. 

.

.

.

Once inside of Camille nest, Simon found a place for himself and he tried to rest but it was in vain  as Camille began to ask him things about him and what she thinks was his tribe.

Simon also noticed that Camille somehow looked lonely, she makes him remember those grannys who often search for people wanting to talk them. He found it funny as a Dragon who looked so dreadful could resemble so much to a kind granny. 

As Simon response all Camille's question, she found herself more relaxed and started to talk more things about her. Without her noticing she started to talk to him like he was a long lost friend. Eventually this ended as she saw him sleeping while sitting hugging his legs.

Then she started to groom herself in her bed and started to look at him while he slept meanwhile her mind began to think about all the things that happened

1