Prologue: Arrival
133 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An unmarked space shuttle can be seen drifting on the outskirts of the planet Saturn. The pilot of the shuttle being careful to avoid being pulled into the asteroid belt from its large magnetic field.

"I can see Saturn, I never would of thought I would see it with my own eyes" one man exclaimed

This particular man had long hair and was wearing a long white lab coat over a uniform. His appearance and clothing was much different compared to the other people onboard as the others looked like soldier recruits or engineers. The shuttle they are on is currently headed for the irregular satellite moon Tarvos.

After being on their shuttle for 24 hours they reach their destination, not much has happened besides formal conversation, cuisine, and sleep.

After docking into one of the stations at Tarvos, some of the passengers notice the Lombardia class space ships also docked on the other side. They are then greeted by the administrator of the facility at the main entrance, everyone is wearing normal suits

"Welcome to the test team, its nice to meet all of the new recruits, and well maybe some returning faces I hope"

The man standing in front of everyone was a very tall and serious man with a military style haircut; you can tell he is a man that holds a lot of pride in the work he does just by looking at him; The man continues.

"My name is Adric Cillian, I am the head administrator of the Titans Test Team Saturn Division, this is our stronghold Tarvos Base, I would like to welcome you all for making it this far and I hope you will enjoy working with us in all of our future endeavors"

Everyone salutes; while they are doing this Adric looks at them making another statement.

"I am looking for a particular person in your group by the name of Al-M'iraj Ido, my records here say he was on your shuttle"

The man from before with the white lab coat and long hair walks forward

"Sir that's me"

Adric moves his head to the side encouraging Ido to move up to him. Ido moves towards Adric and stands to the left of him and puts his hand on his right shoulder.

"This man right here will be the superintendent for the R&D engineering department, I would ask you treat him with respect like any other and I have heard great things from him including multiple recommendations"

After hearing this Ido has a neutral smile expression on his face, the same can be said for Adric

"Thank you sir, I will do my best for this division" Ido says

"I know you will son, I would show you around personally but I have some business to attend to, what I will do is have my second in command guide you around the facility, he will meet you at the office area behind this gate"

After making this statement Adric turns and looks to the rest of the recruits

"Alright the rest of you are to report to the housing facility and get yourselves situated, I want to remind you all you only have security level one access"

Everyone looks at Adric with a somewhat confused face while also keeping composure; Adric continues

"You will only be given access to certain areas; this includes the mess hall as well as the training facilities, recreation facilities, and hospital facility; further information will be presented to you tomorrow"

The recruits enter through the entrance gate with Adric and Ido following behind. When they enter they are stunned by the complexity of the base. Its architecture being almost complex in detail as if were not made by a human but a machine. Ido and Adric go their separate ways while walking down the hallway with Ido heading to the office area on the right, he runs into a man wearing a titans uniform with different colors and he is around Ido's height wearing glasses with short hair.

"Oh hello there the Commander told me you were coming, my names Gill, Gill Mcphearson"

Gill raises his hand out and Ido shakes his hand

"Al-M'iraj Ido, you can call me Ido to shorten it"

Gill has a genuine demeanor about him

"Nice to meet you Ido, I read your report and heard you liked to repair and upgrade mobile workers and mobile suits back on earth"

Ido nods after hearing this statement

"That is correct I am originally from Kurdistan; I have a master's degree in electronic engineering but I have only worked on mobile workers with a few of them being mobile suits, I've repaired and upgraded some GM units"

Ido then asks about Gill

"So may I ask what your role is here on this base?"

Gill responds

"Absolutely that's what I'm here for haha, I am considered second in command to Adric but I'm also the head of security as well; I am able to access the armory and mobile suit hangar but I can also order around security guards"

Gill continues talking

"So what would you like to see first around the facility"

Ido is a little confused as Adric did not mention what access levels he has rights to but he respond's

"Oh do I have level one access or do I have a higher access level so I can see other areas, i wasn't informed by commander Adric"

Gill responds

"Oh I see, I guess he didn't want to make the new recruits angry by telling them you have a higher access level; Since your the superintendent for the Hangar area you pretty much have level four access, you can also access the armory just like me; what i do know is the commander has the highest access key which is level seven"

Ido acknowledges this information and responds

"I see, can you show me around the hangar level for today I am actually pretty tired from the trip here, I would like to see what your current lineup of mobile suits are briefly please"

Gill responds

"Sure thing bud! right this way, I think you'll be very interested in our selection"

Ido and Gill head down the long hallway to the Hangar bay. The base is spacious with long hallways and tall ceilings but it also has an eerily quiet atmosphere. Ambient noises can always be heard like machinery or electronic noises from time to time. They arrive at the auto-door entrance to the Hangar

"The Hangar is soundproofed off from all sections, mobile suits and machinery can be so loud, you actually need to wear this hearing protection here so it doesn't blow your eardrums out, think of it like being in a firing range"

Gill puts on a special hearing protection headset and hands Ido a pair. They walk in and are greeted by multiple mobile suits, with no one around oddly. Gill makes a statement about this.

"Guess they're on break, well I don't think they'll mind us being here just be careful not to touch anything"

Ido walks over to look at a very strange bulky mobile suit, it has weird legs and is purple, navy, and gold in its color scheme.

"What is this mobile suit I've never seen anything like it, this one really interests me" Ido exclaims

"Oh that one" Gill responds

"Yea that one is just so weird to me, the maintenance crew says Carl Matsubara piloted that one, I don't think he is on this base but I could be wrong; anyhow its suppose to be a strong support unit its called the Dandelion"

"The Dandelion? hmm" Ido responds "I would like to know more about it and look at its internals later"

Both of the men walk over to another mobile suit with a big antenna on top and irregular body shape

"This is the Barzam custom" exclaims Gill "We have a lot of these guys, at this point we consider them mass produced but its just me who thinks that, I use one for testing purposes a lot and I train some of the security detail"

Gill continues talking

"We have the Rossette in another part of this hangar but its being repaired from a previous accident that happened, but there's another Mobile Suit ide like to show you, its a project we've been working on and ide like to get your opinion on it"

Gill leads Ido to a massive electronic sliding door, as it opens smoke pours out of the door. The room is pitch black however the lights dim and turn on slowly, there is a mobile suit stationed on an elevated platform in the middle of the room, the mobile suit itself is facing the two men with its head pointed at the floor. There is a touch screen computer monitor displaying its internal and external structure, as well as its specifications written out.

"Have yourself a look" Gill exclaims

Ido accesses the terminal and reads off its serial number and name

"Says its called the RX-2000 Gundam, never heard or seen a machine like this before"

"You've never seen or heard of the Gundam? Gill responds "this is the only Gundam we have and its basically our reimagined version of a Woundwort; we used blueprints the Jupiter team had before they disbanded, we like to call it Tarvos Gundam because after all we made it here on base"

Ido responds to Gill's statements

"I may have seen or heard about a Gundam in the past, my memory is not so good from that time; Well I can tell you this Gundam is interesting, I would very much like to work on it and test it out if the commander gives me the okay"

Gill responds back

"I'll have to talk to the commander, oh hang on just got a call that someone needs help in security, I'll show you the armory tomorrow, actually we're in the same barracks housing so I'll see you there later! Oh and make sure you enable the airlock on the door"

Gill leaves the hangar bay, leaving Ido alone with the Gundam. Ido walks out of the room the Gundam is in and locks the large electronic gated door. Ido heads to the airlock door to seal off the hangar itself. While exiting the hall that is still connected to the hangar area he doesn't notice the small backroom area until now; he decides to check it out. It is a rec room where people can talk, drink coffee, and have snacks while on break. There is nobody in this room currently but he notices there's also a computer terminal there. The computer terminal in the rec room is part of security and has cameras in the hallways combined with all sections and positions of  the hangar. Ido decides to look at the Gundam one more time and is startled by what he sees.

"What!?" Ido sees something strange on the monitor; he notices the Gundam's head had moved, it is now looking in the direction of the inner door camera with dimly lit green eyes.

Ido immediately thinks to himself 

"I am positive the head was facing the floor and now its facing this way was there anyone inside, Couldnt have been, the machine was off and we were the only ones in there, I'll have to bring this up with Gill"

Ido heads back to the sector where his barracks housing is, still disturbed by what he had just seen. Ido tells Gill about the situation but  Gill doesn't believe Ido.

"Well there's no way that's possible we were the only ones in there and that suit needs a pilot to function, you must be tired man why don't you get some sleep" Gill exclaims

"Sorry maybe you're right I hope this doesn't get in the way of things but I need to head to sleep, its going to be a long day tomorrow i will see you tomorrow then"

3