Chapter 2: Intelligence
102 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After hearing the announcement over the intercom, everyone in the hangar heads for the briefing room. The hallways in the facility are filled with people as it were a large ceremony gathering. It takes quite a while but everyone manages to move into the interior. The briefing room itself is huge and looks more like a war room than a briefing room. Computers fill the outer area with people working at the helm. Adric stands on a podium with a wireless microphone surrounded by a lot of advanced technology including a holo projection display behind him. After scanning the audience Adric begins speaking.

"Everyone take your seats, I would like to discuss some important topics today and it is very imperative that you listen; I would first like to start off thanking each and everyone of you for all of you're hard work, the reason I bring you here today is to discuss some intel we have gathered in the past few days; we have discovered that Zeon still exists and that they've found refuge on Mars; there were two factions however it seems there has been infighting between both groups which has led to one of them being either destroyed or disbanded"

Everyone in the room has a bewildered look on their face but Adric continues

"From the previous data we gathered from the other test teams we found out some information, there was a group called the mars independence army and ReZeon; the Federation liked to call the mars army one the Oldsmobile Army, the reason for this is they used very outdated mobile suits and technology, however they were notorious for another reason; the Federation found out they were sending sleeper agents to the Earth to gather info on Federation mobile suits and other technology; what we're doing is being the middle man to keep the Earth safe and avoid confrontation with the Federation as well"

Adric presses a button on his wireless remote, the holo projector changes to photographs of mars and its surface. The pictures look like they were recently taken, when viewed up-close they depict various strange oddity's.

"The first set of photographs look normal, however when we view these next view few you'll notice something strange when zoomed in, there are various structures constructed all over Mars; our research team came to the conclusion someone or some group is living there and this can only be possible with the help of construction mobile suits"

Adric changes the picture on the projector, what shows up on the screen is a image of what looks to be three mobile suits lined up next to each other moving together in an asteroid cluster. The mobile suit in the middle has a technically advanced frame design with a strange object on its forehead; the frame of the mobile suit has white and black colors. The other two mobile suits have a different frame design, they look like zaku units but are red, white, and black.

"Two of our Hawkeye mobile suits took these pictures while out on a routine training test, these were taken with a long range camera gun; they were spotted in the area in-between mars and Jupiter"

Adric physically points to the trio of mobile suits on the screen

"We're still trying to analyzing what model these mobile suits are but what we can say is these are either ReZeon or the mars independence army, however we have not been able to confirm it yet"

One of Adrics assistants walks up on the stage and hands him a stack of papers

"Alot of data was lost from previous test teams but we were still able to manage; some of the previous workers were able to recover some electronic data and shared it with this division; as you may or may not know, there are two purposes for this facilities existence; one is for peacekeeping operations and the other is to provide advances in various sciences and technology, this includes mobile suits of course; we are keeping a close eye on everything and saving all data that we record"

Adric looks up from reading the papers and scans the room again

"Are there any questions?"

A female worker from the R&D team raises her hand and stands up

"Are we at war with this mars Zeon now?" she asks

"We are not at war with anyone, in the event of any attack we have the right to defend ourselves; our job is to secure the safety of the people on this base" Adric exclaims

A man stands up, he is wearing one of the pilot uniforms

"Wouldn't the Haven colony be involved on side nine if a battle breaks out?" he says

"They are a closed neutral colony, in the event that happens we will send a mobile suit team to assistant them, that colony was built four years ago by us and we shared some of our mobile suits with them for security incase of any incidents" Adric exclaims

Adric continues talking

"This transitions into our next topic, there is a special mobile suit we have been working on, Mr. Ido here has already been acquainted with it, I require all of the engineers and pilots to accompany me to the hangar facility; further questions can be directed to the administration office, the rest of you are dismissed please return to your duties"

Everyone begins to the leave the briefing room, heading to their respective areas. Ido follows the crowd of pilots and engineers along with Adric to the hangar bay. In the hangar bay every pilot lines up with the engineers lining up on the opposite side, Ido and Adric stand next to each other for the next discussion.

"Bring out the Gundam!" Adric shouts out

The Gundam can be seen moving from the other side of the hangar on its mobile docking station, it continues to move along until it reaches the spot everyone is gathered around, it locks itself in place to the floor section. Adric looks around at everyone and begins to speak

"Before i discuss the specifications of this Gundam unit are there any questions?"

Ido raises his hand slightly

"Sir I've been curious, how many people are on Tarvos base? also what is the number of mobile suits we have on hand?" Ido says

"We have roughly around three hundred and ten people stationed on Tarvos, our current mobile suit count is at thirty if you add in this Gundam"

Adric claps his hands together and stares forward

"Alright lets get down to business, this mobile suit right here is the RX-2000, it is the only Gundam unit on this base and we have been working on it for an entire year, I welcome any questions"

Adric walks over to the platform and puts his hand on the chest piece of the Gundam

"Here is a brief breakdown, we built this from blueprints salvaged from the previous test team which came from the Woundwort specifically; think of this Gundam as our reimagined version of what a Woundwort would look like"

One of the pilots interjects and asks Adric a question

"What is that chrome thing on its head? looks like a rabbit and I've seen something like that on a car hood ornament"

"That is a psychoblade, its inspired by Wes Murphy's vision, Anaheim Electronics only built this part of the Gundam and we were ordered not to touch it; Typically the psychoblade is reserved for a commander type and it grants us a form of long range communication when normal electronic communication isn't possible, since you are all cyber newtypes we should be able to receive messages from a pilot using this"

Adric then opens up the cockpit with a switch on the side

"This Cockpit may be a bit cramped but this also allows us to store experimental weapons inside of it for the pilot to use; our judgement was that previous factions were always ill equipped to deal with enemy pilots and mobile suits so we had Mr. Rhein develop experimental firearms"

One of the engineers who has been eyeing the Gundam for a while speaks up

"I noticed it has combat deployment colors"

"Thats correct, this is a stealth combat mobile suit, it cannot transform because of the tradeoff with both the psychoblade and the experimental minovsky stealth system; the stealth system is able to cloak itself in a similar way to the black rider system, it gets more technical than this"

Adric walks over to Ido and hands him the documents for the RX-2000, as Ido grabs the documents he asks Adric a question

"Operating system and Armament sir?"

"Bunnys operating system but modified; Its outfitted with a beam knife, a beam sword and a large long range beam rifle" Adric says

"Normally I do not allow this unless its for emergency testing or maintenance purposes but you seem invested in the Gundam and we don't have a set pilot for it yet; would you like to test out the unit?, the area outside the Hangar is sanctioned off with low energy beam barriers, that is basically our training and testing area for our mobile suits"

Ido nods his head

"Alright then hop on in, I would like one barzam unit and one dandelion unit to help Ido here test the Gundam out, make sure your beam energy outputs are at non lethal levels, the same goes with your Vernier thruster output"

Ido hops in the Gundam's cockpit, it is cramped just like Adric said; the interior layout is overwhelming while the controls look more complex than the mobile suits he is used to fixing. While trying to get situated he hears Adric on the audio communicator inside the cockpit

"Ido can you hear me? the plan is to get you used to basic movement in the Gundam, the Bunnys system should help you along as it uses artificial intelligence, it should walk you through via on screen help; the low output catapult will begin moving now"

The catapult begins to move the Gundam forward to the large hangar exit, this will be the first time Ido pilots a mobile suit while also being in space. Ido looks at the monitors and sees the dandelion unit to his left while the barzam unit is on his right. The massive bay door opens with all three mobile suits being launched out into space at a low velocity. Ido instantly sees the blackness of space along with distant stars and the enormous backdrop of Saturn itself.

Ido suddenly hears two voices over his interior communicator, its Spec and Gill

"Hey Mr. Ido good luck out there! well since its your first time and all, I tuned the Gundam a bunch last night" Spec says

Gill also starts speaking over the frequency

"Hey dude sorry I left without saying anything but I hope you got my note and have fun testing that Gundam out there, I didn't expect you would be piloting it today"

"Thank you both, I'll try my best" Ido says to both Spec and Gill

"Alright lets see how this Gundam actually performs" Ido mutters to himself

And so the testing phase for the RX-2000 Tarvos Gundam begins

1