Prolauge
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Puella found herself In an unfamiliar place, far from her familiar childlike imagination. She had fallen through dense forest trees and has softly landed on some cool grass.

But the thing was, everything around her was devoid of color; the warm, soft grass she was lying in was a light gray. The strange trees also had this effect; these trees were like a hybrid of two different trees that she knew quite well. The trunks represented an oak's, and the branches dangled down like a willow's. But the leaves were quite unique from the two trees. They were like the oak, and a willow's leaves morphed into one. The leaf in question was like an oak leaf, but instead of rounded tips, they were pointed like a willow. The trunk and branches were a deep gray, and the leaves were pitch black.

Raspberry-like nuts acted like Oak acorns, but they seemed to glow a blue light that shed color onto some of the leaves. The Leaves showed Colors of Deep purple and scarlet.

Puella wobbled up onto her feet to stand barefoot in the grass; she tried walking forward towards the tree, but she tripped over her heel, and she was leaning on one of the trunks. The surface had deep grooves in it. If you saw it, it would be similar to the texture of a rocky riverbed.

Puella felt a large hand touch her on her shoulder. She flinched and quickly spun around. Still leaning on the powerful trunk. There were two pairs of scaly deer legs in two sets; she rose her eyes to gaze upon these creatures. They seemed oddly human-like; they almost resembled girls. There was a Cow tail that twisted around their legs, almost as if it acted like a snake. They wore clothes to cover the rest of their bodies and stood at 7 feet tall. Their arms reached down to their knees and clawed hands. There were these protective scales of their Elbows, knees, and on their high cheekbones. Their Faces seemed very alien. The eyes were a bit more spaced from their noses. It was like they were elves from the Lord Of the Rings, but they had this creepy atmosphere about them.

"It seems this one is a bit creeped out than the other children we brought. Should we still bring it to Father?"

The creature to the left was speaking, it had long, blue hair, tan skin, and the pads were a color with a circular shape. It wore a Marine tribal skirt, a red tunic, and a gray cloak. The creature to the right seemed quite different from the other. This creature had long Scarlet hair that was put in a braid. The skin was a dark shade of purple, and the pads were black and tear-shaped. The tribal skirt was black, the tunic was white, and the cloak was a deep gray. It had a look of anger in its reptilian eyes.

"Splendid Pulchra, I take that I'll carry it," The Creature said the creature on the right, looking to the one on the left. They both nodded.

The Purple creature walked up to Puella and kneeled down. Puella looked at this creature with wonder, the creature's eyes were light hazel, and the pupils were shaped like diamonds.

"Are you afraid of Heights, kid," The creature asked with a deep sigh. Puella slowly nodded. It stood up, and it threw off its cloak and threw it at Puella's arms. "Hold onto that," it said as it tossed the braid onto the left shoulder. The tunic was sleeveless, which revealed more of those protective scales. The creature turned out to have giant wings on the back, the wings stretched out, hitting Pulchra in the face. Pulchra was enraged but tried not to let out the anger on them. The creature turned around and kneeled down, holding their arms behind their back. Signaling Puella to get on their back. Puella didn't know what to do at first, so she threw the oversized cloak over the seven-year old's clothing and grabbed onto the creature's shoulders. The wings were close to the spinal cord, so you could imagine how weird it would be. The wings were bat-like, about two times bigger than the creature, and colored red. The creature did a vertical hop into the air and began flapping its vast wings. Pulchra Followed close behind, their wings were pure white, and the wings were like pure white doves. Pulchra was like an angel flying through the sky. Puella raised her head, still afraid of looking down at the valley. She saw a strip of mountains in the shape of a jaw. The three of them flew over the mountains; Puella saw these mountains formed into a circle. It was like it used to be a volcano, but it blew upon itself, and life sprouted anew on the inside of it. Trees of many kinds that Puella was unfamiliar with sprouted from this huge area the size of a small town that was once a boiling pot of a liquid inferno.

Suddenly, the three of them started to dive into the forest. Puella's fear began to kick in once more, and she gripped tighter onto the powerful creature's torso. They tore through the trees. Branches were violently snapping and breaking in two as they went past. Puella was terrified; she didn't want to die young of seven years old. Suddenly, The creature she was Riding quickly landed on the supposed forest floor. Puella raised her head to look around. She could still see in gray. But this rainforest looked like something from a dream, and the sad thing was that it is. The trunks of these trees were covered with ivy and ferns, the fallen logs were covered with glowing mushrooms, and like the trees in the forest before the flight, they showed color. These trunks resembled Redwoods, and the mushrooms were glowing neon-like bioluminescent green plants would. But the vines were sort of hanging from the branches as if they were decorating the forest a bit more. The creature let go of Puella, and she landed on her but with the cloak swooping under her to cushion her fall a bit. The light purple creature folded their giant wings and turned to face Puella that was just sitting there in a soft mound of soil on the forest floor. The creature scooped her up by her legs and back, princess style. Pulchra flew down from the sky through the skylight that their counterpart has created and landed on a long to fold their magnificent wings.

"What the hell was that, Ira?! Did you want to kill the poor human," Pulchra said in anger as they stepped off the log and stomped over Ira, pouting. Ira just continued walking down this dirt path, as if Pulchra didn't say anything. Puella tried to avoid paying attention to this little argument and looked where they were going. Puella saw a large Victorian house; light beside the green door made the house seem to make the area a bit more eerie.

Ira placed Puella on her feet in front of the porch and looked down at her with the most meaningful gaze. It showed a hopeful eye, but also fear. She kneeled down to open the door and crouched in. Pulchra did the same, still looking angry. Puella was still confused, she looked upon the doorway with wonder, and she walked up the steps and into the doorway. As the door closed behind her, the door's bell rang in her ears. She was standing in what seemed like a fancy lobby for a top-notch clothing store for rich people. There was a clothing rack that stretched to the other end of the room with a counter with yet another door and a register behind it to her right. Puella saw that the door was open. In the darkness, she could see two pairs of hazel eyes as if spying on her. To her left were two brown leather couches, an oak coffee table in the middle with a dark brown fur rug underneath the coffee table. But in the corner of the room, a man in a leather armchair was placed by this large window and a tall lamp. He wore a white suit, with white slacks, vest but a light gray shirt and tie. From his vest pocket were a gold chain, small golden glasses, and a white cane that sat beside him in the armchair. He looked like he was in his forties, with gray hairs starting to age his hair. And strangely enough, a white top hat with a gray ribbon. Puella was drawn to this man; she forced herself to stand beside him.

It was strange, with no conversation between the two. This probably went on for a few minutes, but then something started poking Puella's leg. She snapped out of her trance to look over to the man. He was poking her with his cane. As if he wanted her attention.

Suddenly, she woke up. She was in her bed where she lay on Christmas eve, expecting to dream of a fat old man in a red and white suit to give her presents and more, she was almost sad when she didn't get to meet the man that wore the white suit.

1