1. Chicken Farm
68 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Driving the car slowly through the dirt road, I oversaw the vast land that I inherited from my grandfather, 50 acres of farmland that was in disrepair.

Most of the land was overfilled with decaying 1-foot long grass, safe for the centre of the land where a huge barnyard, and a two-story white house.

I parked the car in front of the white house that my family had historically lived in 130 years ago, a family that only I was left of.

I haven't heard from my uncles for close to 15 years now, having never come back once they left the place they grew up in.

Taking the keys given to me by the lawyers who delivered my grandfather's will to me, I opened the door to the house, finding it thick with dust.

'Were there not supposed to be a housekeeper?', I walked through the wide door and into the hallway, holding my nose from the dust and the strange old house odour floating around.

Past the hallway was the open space of the living room, it was wide open. The living room and the kitchen were in the same space with no walls between them.

Walking toward the kitchen, I Inspected the kitchen cupboards, they were all empty, and looking over the living room, it was trashed and was missing a couple of sofas and chairs, making me annoyed how everything was in disrepair.

'That useless caretaker, what the hell has he been doing?' sighing, I looked around and carefully inspected everything.

Adjacent to the living room, was the garage door on the other side of the kitchen, opening the door, the garage was able to hold at least 3 standard cars.

I took the stairs to the second floor and found myself surprised when I found three bedrooms, two smaller, and one that had access to a large window where the sunset shined from.

The master bedroom bedframe had been left alone since it was too big to fit the door, but its mattress was gone, while the large closet was swept clean as well, leaving only undesirable clothes and other useless items.

"Damn, he robbed the place of everything, Who hired the motherfucker?", cursing, I checked the other rooms, and thankfully, one had its mattress left alone, possibly because it was damaged and ripped, therefore was useless.

'This will be enough for tonight.' even though it was dusty, it was good enough to sleep in.

I went back to my truck parked at the front door and put it in the garage, then I took out mattress covers and pillows from my moving boxes, went to the room with the mattress, dusted it for a couple of minutes until I was tired and got ready for bed.

Driving for 11 hours to get here has exhausted me from everything I had in me. All I wanted was to sleep and worry about everything tomorrow.

….

As morning came, I groggily got up when I heard continuous knocking on the front door. looking out the window, it was way too early in the morning, given that the light of the sun was just beginning to illuminate my room.

Wearing only a T-shirt and shorts, I went to the first floor and opened the front door that was still getting knocked.

"Good morning!! I'm your neighbour next door, you must be a relative of old man Milford! I wanted to welcome you to our community with this breakfast." In front of me stood what could be called a midwestern housewife, dressed in farm clothes and holding in front of her plastic container filled with two breads that sandwiched a lot of meat.

"uhm.. thanks?" Her high energy was opposite mine, and I took the food she offered with little enthusiasm.

"If you need anything, just let us know, my husband has been close friends with old man Milford who helped us greatly in the past, it would be inconsiderate of us to not help you the same." giving me a pearly white smile, she extended her right hand for a handshake.

"Ahh.. nice to meet you as well, Ms.." I extended my right arm and took hold of her dainty hands that a farm woman like her wouldn't have.

"No need for the miss, just call me Jane, I'm not that old you know." Giving me a forced smile, I just nodded as I checked out her body.

She looked young, like her late 20s and the top of her head reached my chin. However, the feeling and mannerisms she gave off were that of a late middle-aged housewife.

"Well, Jane, You can call me Max. It was nice meeting you." Releasing her hand, I made some distance between us as she was getting uncomfortably close to me.

"Well, I gotta go help Pete, it was nice meeting you as well!" as she turned around and walked away, I unconsciously checked her ass and was surprised by the huge round ass that was outlined by the tight blue jeans she wore.

'I didn't know farm people had such thickness.' Closing the door, My mind kept repeating the jiggling ass while I walked to the kitchen, where an old-style fridge was next to the stove and oven.

I opened the fridge, finding it trashed as well, with ingredients missing, while empty bottles and half-empty ingredients were left inside, and it smelled terribly.

'I gotta change the locker since the caretaker bastard has the keys to the front door.' Closing the fridge door, a frown was on my face as I took an empty glass cup, washed it in the sink, and filled it with cold water.

I stopped myself dead when I remembered that I hadn't brushed yet, and had to put the lid back on the plastic container that held the juicy sandwich.

I ran to the garage, took out my essential toilet bag from the backseat of the truck, went to the second floor's only bathroom, took a quick shower, and brushed my teeth. I had a long day of fixing stuff ahead of me, so I tried to be as energetic as possible.

I was back down on the first floor, eating the delicious breakfast while watching some random news on my phone, but I was surprised by the taste of the meat.

'It tastes good, I should probably ask for her recipe.' After finishing breakfast, I decided to clean the house first and bring in my belongings from the truck so that I could return it to the company I rented it from.

Finding a broom, I went to the second floor and started sweeping the dust from every crevice I could find, it got so bad cleaning it that I had to wrap my lower half-face with a cloth to not breathe in it.

It took me an hour to sweep both floors, but that alone wasn't enough, there was dirt stuck to the floor everywhere, so I had to use cleaning supplies I stole from one of my jobs back in the city, one where I had to clean shit-stained bathrooms.

I feel disgusted just thinking of that job for more than a second.

It took me another hour to clean the whole house and make it spot-clean. In the process, I threw out useless items or damaged stuff that the caretaker left.

The house looked practically empty, and I went to the garage, where any good equipment had also been stolen. I began bringing my stuff into the house and lay it in the living room. 

Everything I owned filled only half of the living room, which I was happy with, I didn't have to rent a big ass truck. I only brought with me the essential items needed to maintain a house, everything else I threw away or left behind in that dingy apartment I used to live in.

'I just hope a farm life won't be as back-breaking as I had to work in the city for little reward.' 4 hours later I finished working on the interior of the house, threw away all the garbage into the back of the truck, and decided to get my lunch, dump the garbage into the nearby landfill I looked up in google, and return the truck to its company branch in the town. 

 

2