MENTAL ARC: DAY 1 ( 0.5)
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

JUNE 5, 2089

                The sight of the flooded city is dreadful. It had been drenched for some weeks
now. A  small but vast city suddenly became a place for the aquatics. Within all, the city is still recovering from the danger of the water expanding from the seas. Under this extreme conditioning of my city, is me, and the watcher,  day by day, experiencing the power and anger of nature towards humanity.

          Everyone, instead of me is working their way to dry the city off. Large humidifiers were established or should I say, built just recently due to the action of the government in charge. These people never lose a chance to try to keep the people supporting their sides. Although they can help they never do, but in such critical conditions they do whatever to get the votes and whatnot. When I was running this thought in mind, watching through my window I saw a Dobermann running out. Well, the correct word would be swimming. It was a bit nostalgic for me at that very moment, cause I remember with my Bruno (same breed) swimming at the riverside near my house when I was a child. Although he is no longer alive due to drowning in the same river. Maybe he couldn't lift himself out, I should have helped him but my parents took me away.  I felt broken at that time too. Now coming back, I gasped seeing he was having trouble coming out of the water by himself. I irrationally took my raincoat and rushed to my door only to notice it wasn't opening. Was it locked? Was it from inside or outside? I went searching for my smartphone and contacted my roommate who had left the door locked in the morning. I started yelling at him.

  " Did you lock the door?"

  " You said you didn't want to come out of the room and would be sleeping so I locked it, Why, What's the problem?"

  " I have to go out man, I do. I need to save it...."

  " OK OK, just come out from the window and ....."

I quickly hung up my phone and was about to put it in my pants pocket, when I saw his text that popped up...It was something blurry and I wasn't able to read it so I dropped it in my pockets as it was the rush of the hour. I called for a nearby vet as fast as possible and threw myself out of the house through the window. Now this isn't something that anybody would do, but as I said, it was irrational. I was now standing in the water up to my knees. Although the forecast was made of a little lowering of water level later the days. I took the Dobermann and reached the front door of my room, where the vet was said to arrive. I tried my best to calm the dog, as I was or used to be fine with them. The vet on his arrival asked me to fill out a form for the patient's treatment, but this turned out to be a nightmare for me. I wasn't able to read the form's components and the terms and conditions and wasn't able to fill anything. The vet being a doctor asked me, Is there any issue in the form?

  " I am not able to read this form completely, what should I do with it?"

  "Have you seen a doctor, you might have eye weakness or started dyslexia"

That was the moment, my whole life till now came up in my mind and my heartbeat started increasing. It was like all of myself from the child me, my current past me, my future me, maybe me from some alternate timelines and universes saying to me,

  " You have failed, You are now a madman who needs treatment for his defected body"

It was impossible for me to have a disorder like this. Then a flashback ran through my mind of my past few months of life. I had become a nocturnal animal, hunting at night, and dozing in the days. I got these black spots under my eyes which were darker than my hair. These were my scars which couldn't be mended any time soon. I had no one in my life still I was there, sitting in despair and pain for absolutely no reason. I once loved a girl who didn't like me back which made me hate almost most of the girls. I mostly ignored their conversations with me. I usually filled her void with her photo on my study table where I only stared at her beauty.  Then I thought maybe I had more syndromes or disorders than I had imagined as this was really imminent of what I HAD BEEN DOING TO MY BODY and MY MIND!! No food, no social contacts, and no friends except my roommate. My parents too didn't have time to talk to me. The depression hit me quite hard for a quite long time now. But I still didn't have anything in my mind that I could do after this...

0