1- The World
254 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1 - The World

Euphoria is a state characterized by joy, carelessness, optimism and physical well-being, but which does not correspond to living conditions or physical state. It can also be identified as a symptom in some psychological pathologies. 

This is also the state the mind reaches each time a Warrior or Mage advances a level. Warriors train the body and mind to achieve maximum coordination, surpassing the mortal limit through essence. While a normal person in perfect health and physical condition has the ability to lift something between 100 and 200 pounds, a 1st Circle and 1 Star Warrior can lift something between 200 and 400 pounds, upon reaching 2 Stars the Warrior becomes able to lift something between 400 and 600 pounds. Upon reaching the 2nd Circle, the Warrior has a qualitative improvement in his strength and reaches the level of 2 tons. 

Although the strength rating seems simple, it is not nearly absolute. There are special cases that have more physical power, which can exceed the margins delimited by the basic explanation and there are cases that never reach the minimum physical power of their levels. 

The Mages in turn are not physically influenced by their Circles, it only increases the magical storage capacity within their bodies. Each Circle needs to be surrounded by 9 stars before a new Circle can be formed. 

Each Circle has its own Spells and each Spell has their elemental affinities. Fire and Electricity consume and destroy, electricity and air speed up the user, air and metal make cutting things easier, metal and earth increase defense, earth and water help shape the world around them, water and wood help give life, wood and light heal, light and darkness alter the visibility of the world, darkness and space modify perception, space and fire can consume what they touch. 

Whether Warriors or Mages, none are beyond the euphoria of advancement. Therefore, when advancing 1 star they need 2 or 3 days of reflection to abandon the euphoria and make decisions with a clear mind. This becomes even more serious when moving to a new circle, the reflection time can last up to 2 weeks. 

The first step on the path takes place at age 12 when potentials are tested and individuals are sent to their respective institutions. Each school is classified into 3 levels and above them there are academies also classified into 3 levels. But unlike path levels, they are sorted in descending order. A 1st-ranked school is better than a 2nd-ranked one, which in turn is better than a 3rd-ranked one. The opposite of the increasing way of classifying paths.

Third-level schools are the only free schools, which is why they are the most numerous and have the most students, which also makes them the schools with the lowest number of resources per student. Students at a 3rd level school need to reach the 2nd Star of the 1st level at the end of the first year and the 3nd star at the end of the second, those who reach the 4rd star or more at the end of the third year have the chance to leave the school with a contract from one of the guilds.

Those who do not meet these requirements are dropped from school and have to fight for resources in the surrounding cities, risking their lives earlier than their counterparts. Students from 2nd and 1st level schools do not need to meet these requirements, these schools are full of second generations, students with one or more parents being Warriors and/or Mages.

Children awakened to the paths are separated into two categories, Talents and Lents. While Talents advance quickly through the paths without many obstacles, Lents cannot overcome the barriers of stars and levels without using precious resources.

The Academies, in turn, do not have any Lent, as soon as this status is identified in the students they are sent to the schools. This is because academies do not provide any resources, only opportunities to obtain them through missions, academies are more powerful than schools, but at the same time more dangerous. If Lents competed for these resources with Talents it would end up delaying everyone's development, so the best thing to do is to ensure that Lents have a constant source of resources.

Lents may seem like a humiliating classification, but we need to understand that this is simply because they cannot surpass their stars and levels without resources like catalysts, most Lents are in fact as strong as their Talent counterparts.

This may be contradictory, as academies could provide new chances for Lents to evolve faster, but it is normal for Talents to end up surpassing stars during missions due to the dangers and constant fights. This is a factor expected by the academies, something impossible for Lents.

Aligning pressure, life and death experiences, and resources, academies have become mythological places for most of the population. Its students no longer receive this denomination and are now considered Apprentices, which some think is a higher status than students, but in fact it is not.

The organization of the continent of Gransouth is divided into 4 empires, each commanding 8 kingdoms, each kingdom commands 16 states, each state is divided into 4 regions, each region is divided into 12 counties and each county commands 32 cities. The number of villages and settlements subordinate to each city is not fixed, many of them experience catastrophes that can erase them from the map every few years.

The continent's wilderness is divided into two classifications, explored areas and prohibited areas. Explored areas are classified from 1 to 9 according to the danger level and prohibited areas have a danger level from 10 to 13.

Villages and settlements are built near danger areas 1, cities are danger areas 2 to 4, counties are close to danger areas 5, regional capitals are in danger areas 6, city-states are close to danger areas 7, kingdoms are close to danger areas 8 and empires guard danger areas 9.

Forbidden areas are too dangerous for there to be a civilian population near them, their entrances are guarded by fortresses that control the entry and exit of troops and adventurers.

Among the dangers that wild areas present are: dangerous terrains such as mountains, swamps, cliffs, craters and closed forests, all of these places are also inhabited by beasts, demons and tormentors. There is also an abundance of poisonous plants, ranging from small grasses to even gigantic trees.

This is the world we are going to enter, an adventure that begins in a city, in an influential family, with its heir facing a reality never before spoken of. A journey of disillusionment, despair, hope, relationships, love, hate and overcoming.

1