33 – The First Follower – Reina (1)
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

33 - The First Follower - Reina (1)

 

His words took me by surprise, I didn't understand why he said those words, we came here, they solved the problem with Miquela, these things don't seem to be following the script I imagined in my head.

“You guys are truly unbelievable.” – Miquela said, not believing what she heard.

She huffed, raised her hands above her head, and brought them down to rub her face.

“When I met him for the first time I felt like I should follow him, whatever proposal he had and when I saw Reina for the first time my body responded immediately by wanting me to take her to bed.” – she continued mumbling.

She was clearly having trouble coming to terms with the situation.

“Now I feel the same thing coming from both of you.” – she concluded, giving up.

Ocien adjusted himself in his chair and shook my hand.

“Reina came here prepared to reject you, but she seems to have forgotten some of our secrets.” – he began to explain his line of reasoning.

I focused on listening to him, from my analysis of the months we spent together I knew that he had no thoughts of gaining followers.

“In recent days some things have changed, but the secrets remain the same.” – he continued in a serious tone.

I felt my face get hot remembering what we did in the last few days, but soon I felt Ocien squeeze my hand, getting my attention.

“Our techniques are now present for both. They work based on followers and companions, which is probably what you are feeling influencing you.” – he suggests as an answer to her concerns.

Miquela put her hands on her temples, massaging them without knowing how to respond.

“I see how you look at each other.” – he said, bringing us back to the conversation.

I was surprised by the last statement and panicked.

“I don't know... I don't... I don't want... things like that…” - I stammered trying to explain myself, not knowing why he was saying that.

Ocien looked at me with a tender look and an assuring smile.

“We are bound to encounter people like this. There's no reason to deny it. It might be a little sexist of me but I'd rather it be her than a man.” – he said, clearly trying to appear calm.

“Silence took over the office and neither of us knew what to share from now on.

Reina clearly likes you and you clearly like her.” – he said trying to revive the conversation.

Uncomfortable, Miquela adjusted herself in her chair, giving up once again.

“I admit that I used Charm to convince her in our first conversation, I hoped that your problems would be resolved or the relationship would end once and for all.” – she said, trying to justify herself.

“I never used it again after the first time, I was afraid she would find out. What I felt at first was just an inexplicable attraction, but that soon changed.” – admitted her.

I really care about her, but I don't know how to act in this situation.

“No other person has felt this way with us to date, so the chance of you playing a bigger role in our lives than any other person…” – theorized Ocien in a thoughtful tone.

Following that moment, something finally clicked in my mind.

“Ocien, do you think she could be a Patronus?” – I asked, startled.

He agreed, my mind kept racing trying to find answers.

“But which?” – I asked after coming to the conclusion that I wouldn’t find the answer.

Confusion appeared on Miquela's face trying to understand our parallel conversation.

“For us there are not just Mages and Warriors, there is a whole other range of Paths to be followed and we need to find the Patrons so that these paths are released.” – I said, revealing more of our secrets.

“Exactly. As Warriors, or Mages, our strength is a little lower than normal, but putting both together we are stronger than people at our level.” – followed Ocien.

“So, if you are part of one of the other paths, it means that our strength will be even greater.” – I completed without thinking about what I was saying.

Noticing my words, I corrected.

“You too, Patrons are able to access complete techniques of the Path.” – I corrected it hurriedly.

The situation was complicated, we didn't know how to continue the conversation from there. We had never really thought about finding the Patronuses, but clearly MIquela could be one of them.

“Does that mean I'll lose my Mage path by then?” – she asked fearfully.

“Even if you lose, you will be able to become as strong as you are now in no time. But if you are truly a Patron, I believe you may have access to both paths, thus ensuring that you are more powerful.” – I said, trying to convince her.

Miquela gave me a complicated look, the proposal wasn't as attractive as I would have liked it to be.

“I don't know, I don't feel completely comfortable.” – she commented.

“My cultivation speed is faster than Reina's because I had access to these complete techniques before her.” – argued Ocien, reinforcing what I had said.

“How strong are you now?” – she asked, swayed.

“I achieved 5 Stars.” – he said.

“4 Stars.” – I replied

“I met you when I had already been on the first star for a long time, in the meantime I only managed to reach the second.” – she commented spiritlessly.

Then her expression changed.

“If I'm almost as fast as you, I believe that soon…” – she rambled with a hint of expectation.

“I mean will you accept our proposal?” – I shot excitedly

Miquela blushed.

“To tell the truth, I've never had a partner and now two people…” – she began in a confessional tone.

I had never thought about it until then, Reina was the first person I reacted to like that. But to tell the truth, in terms of appearance, Ocien is a good candidate.” – she finished completely red.

My reaction was similar to hers. Miquela only knew Ocien dressed, as I had enough material for my imagination.

“How will this work?” – Miquela asked, waking me up from my thoughts.

We looked at each other without knowing what to say.

“I will open the system and Reina will tell you if you agree to be our follower and companion.” – Ocien suggested.

This made her a little confused, but she agreed, not finding it so strange.

0