Into the Breach
50 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why can't I step on... anything?" The disembodied thought echoed in the void, a bewildered whisper in the midst of formless existence. "Am I swimming?" Flailing his arms, an ethereal body found itself in its natural habitat, yet its unrecognizable mind knew that it was far from home.

This soul had been on a perpetual journey, transitioning from one void to another. "Today", however, it felt different, as if the gods had grown bored.

"I...h-hello?" The voice that emanated from the soul was unfamiliar, a mere ripple in the boundless emptiness that surrounded it.

Is this space? Or an ocean? The soul pondered its whereabouts more than the circumstances that had led to this point.

Would it remain adrift for another ten seconds, or perhaps ten years? Suddenly, a booming call pierced the stillness, a beckoning force akin to a violent storm approaching the unprepared and the shelterless. They say lightning never strikes the same place twice, but this was no ordinary world, nor were these familiar galaxies. This was the work of entities from a realm beyond comprehension.

As shadowy figures manipulated atoms, colliding and creating a tempestuous thunderous display, the soul wondered if this cosmic fury was an attempt to aimed at it. Thinking again,  perhaps this wasn't an attempt, but a certainty that an entity of this caliber wouldn't hesitate to confront even a seemingly harmless soul like itself.

Amidst the tumultuous storm, the soul sensed a shift in its purpose. It no longer sought answers to its past or origin but embraced the realization that it was part of something greater, a narrative woven by forces beyond its understanding. With newfound determination, it ventured toward the heart of the storm, where raw power and revelations awaited, ready to face the enigmatic challenges that lay ahead in this cosmic tapestry.

1