1. In Another World
295 10 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It seems we have to train ourselves," Kairos's mother said.

Kairos nodded his head and looked at his mother. She was sitting on the ground cross-legged, wearing clothes that were too big for her, but it did well to hide her figure. Her silver hair was cut short around her ears, and she was wearing glasses and a mask to hide her face.

She styled herself like that when she went out to avoid harassment. Today, the two of them were going out for a movie when suddenly they found themselves in this unknown world.

It was fortunate that when they were summoned, they were wearing clothes because they saw some people who were summoned while they were bathing. Kairos's mother was relieved that she was summoned when she was hiding her beauty. In this strange world without law being beautiful was curse. However most people were panicking, and some who were calm didn't care about others. So in this panicking situation, no one noticed Kairos's mother. As for Kairos, he seemed somewhat invincible due to his ordinary appearance.

At least now, the situation had become better, as some people from this world, who called themselves the Royal Knights of the Edward Kingdom, came forward and gave food and a place to stay to the summoned people.

Kairos shared a room with some unknown guys, while his mother stayed with other women. Right now, the two of them were in the cafeteria, eating.

"What should we train? It looks like this world has some sort of power that people train," Kairos said.

Kairos's mother's name was Aveline. She thought for a while and spoke, "I think those Royal Knights might tell us."

"Hm," Kairos nodded.

The next day, the Royal Knights separated women and men. Women had to go somewhere else, and men somewhere else.

At that time, Kairos was separated from his mother. It seemed the Royal Knights wanted to train them, but the training program for men and women was different, so they divided them.

Kairos trained his muscles until they almost broke apart. His training included pulling a 100 KG rock and running 10 KM. The training was tough, too tough for him and for everyone else.

However, after a month, a man's body began to glow. The Royal Knight who observed the man nodded his head and smiled, "Congratulations, you have awakened. What class did you awaken?"

"Mid Class, Swordsman."

"Good, good. Tomorrow, someone will escort you to the kingdom."

At that time, everyone understood why the knights gave them this hard training, and everyone also gained a new goal, so they began to work even harder, hoping to awaken to a class and leave this hellish place.

Kairos spent one more month before he was able to awaken to a class.

[Congratulations, you have awakened All Weapon and Elemental Class]

[All Weapon and Elemental Class: This will allow you to learn any Elemental and Weapon Skills]

[Kairos Morgan]

– Level 1

– Strength 17 / Stamina 16 / Agility 19

Kairos looked at his status window and thought, but his thoughts were interrupted when he heard the Royal Knight's voice.

"Hey, which class and rank did you awaken?"

"Swordsman, low level," Kairos said, and he saw disappointment on the Royal Knight's face. The knight shook his head and said, "Well, you can rest now, and tomorrow a carriage will pick you up for your military service."

Kairos nodded his head and went back to his room.

"I have to understand this world," Kairos muttered as he thought. According to what he understood, he was in the Edward Kingdom, and the kingdom had provided him with a safe place to awaken, food, clothing, and housing. So now, it was his duty to repay this debt to the kingdom by providing military service.

Kairos understood this, and if he had said that he had awakened to a peak class, the kingdom would do its best to control him, and if they couldn't control him, they would kill him.

Of course, Kairos wasn't sure about this. The kingdom might help him grow without expecting much, or they might let him do whatever he wanted as long as he didn't harm the kingdom. But Kairos wasn't sure, so he chose to hide his class rank and name.

Now, he had decided to understand the power level of this world, then build his power, and he also wanted to find his mother.

---

Kairos wore a normal yellow t-shirt and pants that this world had to offer. He sat in the carriage, the seats were hard and uncomfortable, but he had to endure it.

He was looking outside the window. Beside him was a guy, and two others were sitting across from him. He didn't pay attention to them, but they paid attention to each other. One of them asked other one, "Hey..."

"This is the first time I've spoken to others since coming here."

"Well, it's not my first time, but I've spoken very little to others."

"We've been so busy with all that training that we didn't even get time to chat with others."

"You're right. I'm James Poll, thirty years old."

"I'm Han Chen, twenty years old."

"I'm Raj Misri, twenty-two years old."

"How about you?" Han Chen looked at Kairos and asked.

Kairos was thinking about his future. As he heard the question, he turned his head and looked at the others.

"Hm?" Kairos was puzzled, he looked at them.

"What is your name? My name is Han Chen," Han Chen said.

"Oh, I'm Kairos Morgan," Kairos replied. Then the other two introduced themselves again to Kairos, and Kairos decided to talk to them since the four of them were going to the northern military together, so it wouldn't hurt to get to know each other.

"My class is Archer," James said.

"It's good. You don't have to get near the enemy to fight. My class is heavy swordsman," Han Chen sighed.

"Then I think I'm the luckiest. My class is doctor," Raj laughed as he said.

"Lucky bastard, don't forget to give us special privileges if we get hurt."

"Don't worry, I'll prioritize your healing first."

"Brother, what's your class?"

"Swordsman," Kairos answered.

"We are brothers, haha, we'll look after each other if we end up in the same units," Han Chen put his hand on Kairos's shoulder as he laughed.

"I decided to use light swords, so we might not be in the same unit," Kairos said.

"Yeah," Han Chen looked at Kairos and, seeing Kairos's physique, nodded his head. "Yes, you're not suited to wield heavy swords."

Kairos nodded his head. He wasn't suited to wielding heavy swords.

After they talked for a while about their previous lives before they came to this world, Raj suddenly asked, "Can we go back to our world?"

As he asked the question, everyone fell silent, and the atmosphere became a bit depressing.

"If we become strong enough, then we might be able to find an answer to that question," Kairos thought and said.

He saw Han Chen nod his head. "Yes, we just have to get strong. Like in novels and games, at the beginning, the protagonist doesn't know anything, but as they grow, they learn many things. We are just like that. Right now, we know nothing, but if we grow stronger, then we will know."

"Yes, we have to train ourselves and get stronger," Raj nodded his head, and James also seemed to understand this and nodded his head.

Kairos looked at the determination in their eyes and wondered how long these guys could stay determined.

5