Prologue
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Awakening to a world I couldn't quite comprehend, my mind buzzed with a chaotic whirlwind of memories. Memories of another life, a life so different from the reality that surrounded me now. In that past existence, I had been an ordinary guy, navigating a world where everything was but a game. But this world—the world in which I now found myself—was no game; it was a realm of hardcore fantasy, brimming with untold wonders and perils.

With vivid clarity, I remembered that I had been nearing the ending event for my character—an event that would spell the end of my reign as the heir and shatter the engagement I had reluctantly embraced. In the original tale, a grim narrative unfolded as I hired ruthless assassins, hoping to eliminate my half-brother and a dear friend of the main character. It was a desperate gambit that had led to naught but my own downfall, a dark and ignominious ending that I refused to accept.

And so, in this strange new reality, I made a choice, a decision that would forever alter the course of my existence. I opted for anonymity, for obscurity. My role in the grand narrative had reached its conclusion, and I had no desire to meet my fate in such a meaningless and cruel manner.

As the world beyond my memories gradually came into focus, I realized that my title and engagement had long been cast aside. They were relics of a bygone era, irrelevant to the path I now sought. What mattered most was my life—a life I intended to live on my terms.

The summons came, as it always did, from the ever-watchful butler. His voice held an air of formality, a reminder that the life I had left behind was now a distant memory. "The driver is ready, sir," he intoned.

With a resigned nod, I rose from my seat making my way toward the awaiting driver and the academy beyond.

0