Chapter 58 – Interruption
196 10 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"But that doesn't make sense... How does she think I would handle a bond with a Great Dragon Lord in addition to the bond with Mother? One that is still overloading my aura core? Is she not thinking of waiting until I train and improve my core enough to withstand the bond with her?"

"We believe that's exactly it."

This is madness... I understand that she has lived considerably and has had several suitors, but what kind of person would do what she's doing now? She's trying to mold and train me to be the perfect suitor for her and her future Statera.

Wait a minute... Is that so bad? Also, why did she decide to make all the effort to take a vacation and dedicate herself entirely to training me and watching me closely for 6 years? Wouldn't it be easier for her to just receive news or even just come to see me from time to time or wait until I become an adult?

Does she want to subtly influence me to have some traits she likes? Does she want to personally train me so that my core evolves faster? And what will happen after the 6 years are over and I possibly leave Avior?

"Why do you think she's doing this? As you said yourself, Aglaya, Nala has plenty of suitors. She could just choose another one and then simply test me in the future. But no, she chose to stay here and watch me closely, in addition to personally training me."

"We don't know what her intentions are regarding this particular detail, Young Lord. But there is a very little-known detail about Supreme Dragon Ladies that can explain a lot."

"I'll take it from here, Aglaya."

At this point, Marien, who was a few steps away from me, began to approach. She gave Aglaya a little tap on the shoulder, signaling for her to step aside. So, as Aglaya took a few steps away from me, Marien began to walk slowly toward our destination.

We also began to walk slowly as we followed Marien closely. She didn't say anything for a few seconds, just walked while looking at the ground. Only after a few steps did she decide to speak:

"There are no Supreme Dragon Lords, Young Lord. It's literally impossible for any male dragon to ascend to that rank, the highest possible is to ascend to Great Dragon Lord. In the entire world, there are only 5 representatives of this rank. They are much rarer than even the Supreme Dragon Ladies, incredible isn't it?"

"I don't know what to think... What do you mean by that?"

"Relax, I'll get there. There is only one way for a Dragon Lord to ascend to Great Dragon Lord, by forming a bond. Not just any bond, this is a special bond... It's a strong bond with a Supreme Dragon Lady. The trick, Young Lord, is that Supreme Dragon Ladies cannot form bonds, only Nexum."

"Then how..."

"A bond needs at least 50 years to possibly become strong or the feelings need to be strong enough for the bond to become as strong as it is. So, every time a Great Dragon Lady is close to starting her Rebirth, any bond she has will be personally tested by the Supreme Council."

"Rebirth?"

"Rebirth is the process that a Great Dragon Lady, upon reaching 2000 years, will complete to ascend to Supreme Dragon Lady. There are several criteria, but it all depends on the will of the Great Dragon Lady. The vast majority decide not to take the risk and prefer to continue living as a Great Dragon Lady, while others want to ascend."

"2000 years... So Nala's Rebirth is relatively close, I bet she'll choose to ascend. But what does all this have to do with my situation?"

"In the next 300 years, only Lady Nala will undergo the rebirth. This means that only 1 Dragon Lord will have the opportunity to ascend to Great Dragon Lord... Young Lord, Lady Nala is the winning ticket of hundreds of Dragon Lords. The ticket to glory."

This is getting weirder and more dangerous by the minute. If I think about it, Nala choosing me as the next suitor and possible Statera means that I'll be taking the opportunity away from hundreds of Dragon Lords who want to ascend...

Hundreds of guys would be dangerous enough, but hundreds of Dragon Lords is something I have no idea what could happen. What's going to happen to me? By aura, the problems keep piling up.

"Please, Marien, tell me that's not all. Tell me there's some good part to this story."

"I'm not sure if it's a good thing, but we need to emphasize that Nala is someone patient, focused, and committed. If she decides something, she doesn't stop until she gets it. But she has never gotten a Statera, why? The best guess is that she never wanted one, Young Lord."

"I don't know what you mean by that, Marien..."

"Now that Lady Nala wants a Statera, Young Lord, she won't frivolously choose one, especially knowing that the next suitor is possibly the last one she'll have before she starts preparing for the Rebirth. So, she won't let anything or anyone interfere with her last attempt. The last attempt has to be perfect."

"So, you mean she's gambling her fate? If I meet her standards, she wins..."

"Exactly... So she will do everything possible to initiate a bond with you, Young Lord. And then she will use all available time to develop and strengthen this bond until the Rebirth."

"But what if I don't fit in and don't meet the requirements?"

"Hahahaha"

Upon hearing my question, Marien just stopped her steps, turned to look at me, and then started laughing while resuming her slow walk.

"???"

I didn't understand anything that just happened, so I decided to seek answers from the other girls. Aglaya was also smiling, and she didn't give me any answer either. Fortunately, Mahara looked at me and started speaking:

"Young Lord... Lady Nala may seem trivial and noncommittal, but as far as I remember, she has never taken such long breaks from her duties to the Supreme Council. And from what Lord Akachi said, the Triad urgently needs her services, yet she continues to be here... Because of you."

"I already understood that part, Mahara. But I want to know what happens if she loses the bet."

"Lady Nala is a very intelligent woman, she knows exactly what she wants and where to get it. You, Young Lord, despite your young age, already show enough of your personality, something truly incredible. Of course, there is still room for maturing and growing, but I believe there will be no drastic changes."

"Let's get straight to the answer, Mahara, please."

"Young Lord, Lady Nala has understood this too, she knows that this will be the foundation of your personality. So, she probably already..."

"DON'T SAY ANYTHING ELSE, GIRL."

Before Mahara could finish her answer, Nala's voice reached us loud and clear. If I didn't know it was an aura enchantment, I'm sure I would be looking around trying to find her.

She normally uses this enchantment to call me to my room or wherever I am when it's time for training. But normally she doesn't transmit her voice so loudly, she usually transmits her voice more softly.

"The subject is closed. You've explained what you had to explain, don't interfere in anything else. And Apollo..."

"Yes, Nala."

Nala only calls me by my name in two situations: when she's addressing me as her official position, Chief Executor, or when she's really mad at me. Not just stressed, but really angry. And I think she's really pissed off right now...

"We'll talk about this later... Don't investigate this matter anymore, it will only overload you."

"But..."

"It's an order, Apollo. The subject is closed until I decide otherwise. We'll talk about this later."

"Understood, Nala."

"Great, but I'm not done yet. The girls may have told you what they knew and almost told you more than necessary, but you need to learn that every action has consequences in a more practical way..."

"... ...?"

The voice suddenly stopped, as if it had been interrupted in the middle of the sentence. Or was it on purpose, to make me even more anxious and worried? What did she mean by the last sentence? How will she teach me? Am I going to get another punishment?

Shit... Now anything can happen, Nala is unpredictable, trying to predict her actions is like trying to guess the number on the dice.

"Damn... This is the first time she's really made me anxious about a possible punishment. She might as well have finished the sentence."

"Don't worry, Young Lord, I doubt you're in any danger of your life, but I believe Lady Nala has some very unpleasant plans for you... Hahahaha"

"I don't want to hear anything else, Marien. Let's keep walking."

 

I hope you can help me correct any spelling errors in the chapters.

 

Embark on This Epic Journey! Support us on Patreon!

Dear readers and adventurers of the imagination,

We're thrilled to invite you to become our patrons on Patreon and be part of the epic journey we're crafting. This is more than just a story; it's a saga filled with magic, mysteries, and captivating characters that we can't wait to share with you. By becoming a patron, you not only sustain this unique narrative but also gain access to exclusive benefits and special content.

Why Support?

  1. Exclusive Content: As a patron, you'll get early access to unreleased chapters, bonus material, and behind-the-scenes details not shared anywhere else.

  2. Interaction with Creators: Join live Q&A sessions where you can interact directly with the story's creators, ask questions about the plot, and contribute to its development.

  3. Behind-the-Scenes and Updates: Stay in the loop of the creative process! We'll share regular updates, exclusive insights, and even early drafts, letting you see how the story comes to life.

  4. Exclusive Community Group: Join an exclusive community of patrons where you can discuss the plot, share theories, and connect with other enthusiasts of this unique story.

How to Become a Patron:

  1. Visit our Patreon: [P... .com/UndeadNazar]
  2. Choose a Support Level: Opt for the level that best fits your desire to contribute and receive exclusive benefits.
  3. Enjoy the Rewards: Once you become a patron, you'll have instant access to exclusive benefits and become an integral part of this incredible journey.

We appreciate in advance your consideration to support our creation. With your contribution, we'll not only continue telling this story but also expand it to reach new horizons of creativity. Join us and be part of this extraordinary tale!

With gratitude,

Undead Nazar, your Lazy Writer

12