Chapter 61 Controlled Risks
416 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Young Lord, Lady Nala has already mentioned several times that we should never be certain of anything, and Lady Abigail warned you that she shouldn't be awakened before her mother for security reasons. Reconsider this time, Young Lord; relying on luck is something only fools do..."

"Then I am a fool, Mahara. I want to test my luck again today, just as I have done in previous times... But don't worry, as in every previous instance, Nala is always watching, so she won't let me get seriously hurt, just enough..."

I don't blame either of them for doubting my judgment; I myself think I'm crazy from time to time. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if the worst outcome actually occurred. Perhaps I would lose an arm or a leg, suffer severe burns all over my body, have a part of my body completely charred... At the very least, I would be left with serious sequelae, and in most cases, I wouldn't survive.

But neither of them spoke after my last sentence, perhaps because they believe Nala won't let things spiral out of control or simply because I am determined to proceed.

No matter what risks I am taking, I am not overly concerned about the consequences of potential failure. As absurd as my decision may seem, the chances of everything going wrong are minimal to me; in fact, they don't even exist.

As soon as I got close enough to Abigail's head, I headed towards the tip of her snout. Because of her size, her breath felt more like a blast of hot summer wind, strong and humid. Her white scales are very small and less rigid, making this one of the most sensitive parts of a dragon's body. It's a rule that they never let anyone touch this part, but when they do, it means they trust the person enough.

With confident steps, I continued to approach closer and closer until I was less than 1 step away from the tip of her snout. My height barely allows me to look over her nose, but it's enough for me to squirt the liquid from the vial right near her nose.

As soon as I did that, the liquid quickly evaporated and was soon breathed in along with the air into Abigail's lungs. It didn't take more than 1 second for Abigail to open her eyes, but her pupils were unstable, continuing to wander disorientedly. This is the sign that the medicine was taking effect, the signal for me to begin my task and let the magic start.

"Uxcivirto."

I quickly placed my hands on the white scales of Abigail's nose while she was still disoriented and chanted an aura enchantment. Immediately, I felt my Aura core pulsating and sending vibrations throughout my body, just like my heart beating hard. My hands grew warm, and I felt as if some kind of liquid was flowing through them.

The sensation continued for about 2 seconds, but it was long enough for Abigail to reorient herself and for her eyes to clearly regain their focus. And the first thing she focused on was me, a being just over 1 meter tall with both hands resting on her nose...

The reaction couldn't be more cliché... She immediately raised her neck, then stood up, then looked down again and opened her mouth to let out a loud, piercing roar...

*RRoooarrrrr*

There are two ways to stop a dragon's fury when it's not possible to contain it or when it doesn't want to be contained after being unnaturally awakened. Of course, the advisable thing is not to awaken them, but if necessary, these are the only ways to do it...

The first way, also the easiest and simplest, is to make the dragon, now in blind fury, lose consciousness again, that is, to faint once more. Of course, this would be a setback to the initial goal of awakening the dragon and it's something impossible for non-dragon beings.

However, it is efficient and is the least stressful way when a dragon is awakened by unforeseen circumstances. For example, a Lady Dragon is knocked out during a group battle, and accidentally, a fire blast hits her, waking her up...

Knocking her out again is the fastest way to prevent the unconscious destruction she can cause. Because yes, there are some laws written about battles between Dragons, and one of them is to attack with lethal and/or disproportionate force only in case of extreme necessity.

The second way is much more accessible, in fact, it's still very difficult for non-dragons, but nothing compared to the first alternative. And it is exactly this way that I am responsible for applying.

Uxcivirto is an aura enchantment specially created for a Statera to be able to save their bond from possible aura overloads. It's not limited to a Statera and their bond; it's quite common for a trained Statera to apply Uxcivirto to other people.

But the efficiency drops by up to 90% depending on various factors... The more familiar with the enchantment, the more familiar with the aura veins, the more controlled the situation...

But in simple terms, it's a way for a Statera to force a charge of tuned and pacified aura into the Aura veins of a female intensely and abruptly. It's the best way to prevent a female, on the brink of aura overload, from succumbing to a Blood frenzy.

This is because it expels the untuned and chaotic aura and momentarily prevents the aura veins from absorbing more aura.

In perfect conditions, that is, if I were truly Abigail's Statera and as strong as a Dragon Lord, I wouldn't even need her to be momentarily disoriented because of the medicine. I wouldn't even need her to be awake...

But the current conditions are far from perfect; the most I can achieve is to clear some of her consciousness after she wakes up. Enough for her to control herself and calm down on her own, which is enough for me in this case.

*Roooarrrrr*

After the first roar, she opened her wings and began to flex them as if about to take flight. But soon she stopped and let out another roar. Apparently, everything went well; just the fact that she's restless and watching her surroundings is a good sign.

Her roars and restlessness are probably her clearing her consciousness and trying to organize her own thoughts. Otherwise, she would already be preparing a blast of freezing breath to turn everything within her sight into ice.

"Urgghh… By Aura, Apollo, I've told you to wake Inessa first... Urrgaahhh..."

After a few more roars and wing flaps, she finally manages to fully regain her reasoning and speaks to me. Looking directly at me while still letting out some pain groans.

It took a few seconds for Abigail to lie down again, still feeling various pains from the training. She also made sure to put her head back in the same place it was, getting very close to me again.

She continues to look at me with eyes resembling a mostly white kaleidoscope, and her slit black pupil. She doesn't look away and doesn't blink as she continues to stare intensely at me.

Only her breathing, now rhythmic but still warm and humid, betrays that she is conscious and alive; otherwise, I would think she's just an extremely realistic statue... It's silly, but it still impresses me every time...

"*Sigh*... Apollo, your mother has a Nexum with you; you don't need more than one enchantment to wake her. I've told you several times to stop risking unnecessarily. I always feel something telling me to destroy everything, especially you... I don't know if I'll resist every time."

After a long sigh, Abigail closed her eyes for 2 seconds and then opened them again. Then she started to give me a lecture, the same one she has given several times before.

As she spoke, I began to stroke Abigail's scales with a little force; she always likes it when I do that, even if she doesn't admit it. She trusts me but doesn't say it; she prefers to admit it through gestures, like now that she lay down again for me to do just that.

After saying that, she closed her eyes again and continued lying down, enjoying the affection, after saying what she had to say.

"I know, you've said that already. But I trust you, Abi... You wouldn't be capable of attacking me, would you?"

While catering to her whims, I smiled ironically and asked the question I always ask her in this situation. But she, without even bothering to open her eyes, responded with the same lecturing tone:

"Be careful, Apollo... There are things that not even the most powerful of us can control. Aura isn't good or bad, but it can be as ruthless as it can be benevolent. If something goes wrong in one of these bets of yours, it's possible that not even Nala can prevent the consequences..."

 

I hope you can help me correct any spelling errors in the chapters.

 

Embark on This Epic Journey! Support us on Patreon!

Dear readers and adventurers of the imagination,

We're thrilled to invite you to become our patrons on Patreon and be part of the epic journey we're crafting. This is more than just a story; it's a saga filled with magic, mysteries, and captivating characters that we can't wait to share with you. By becoming a patron, you not only sustain this unique narrative but also gain access to exclusive benefits and special content.

Why Support?

  1. Exclusive Content: As a patron, you'll get early access to unreleased chapters, bonus material, and behind-the-scenes details not shared anywhere else.

  2. Interaction with Creators: Join live Q&A sessions where you can interact directly with the story's creators, ask questions about the plot, and contribute to its development.

  3. Behind-the-Scenes and Updates: Stay in the loop of the creative process! We'll share regular updates, exclusive insights, and even early drafts, letting you see how the story comes to life.

  4. Exclusive Community Group: Join an exclusive community of patrons where you can discuss the plot, share theories, and connect with other enthusiasts of this unique story.

How to Become a Patron:

  1. Visit our Patreon: [P... .com/UndeadNazar]
  2. Choose a Support Level: Opt for the level that best fits your desire to contribute and receive exclusive benefits.
  3. Enjoy the Rewards: Once you become a patron, you'll have instant access to exclusive benefits and become an integral part of this incredible journey.

We appreciate in advance your consideration to support our creation. With your contribution, we'll not only continue telling this story but also expand it to reach new horizons of creativity. Join us and be part of this extraordinary tale!

With gratitude,

Undead Nazar, your Lazy Writer

10