Chapter 1 – Bad Luck
2.2k 20 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One day, someone asked me what kind of world I would reincarnate in if I could choose. I thought this was a timely question, as it was a question I already had an answer for. After all, as a good reader of Webnovels, light novels, manga and anime of all types and genres, I have enough experience to answer this question.

My answer? I would choose a world where there are countless races of beings, from elves, dwarves and half-orcs, to even centaurs, medusas and oni. I've always been excited by the idea of lots of different races interacting and living together in one world. Furthermore, mystical creatures should also exist, the more exotic and different before beings, the better.

Not only that, but I would also choose a world where the proportion of men and women was unequal, like, for every man there would have to be 2 or 3 women. There isn't necessarily a harem for every man, but there would have to be a fairly reasonable difference in gender ratio.

And to end that, this world would have to be a world of magic and science. With all kinds of hidden secrets and places to explore and challenges to face. And with a little science to develop various types of luxuries and amenities so that this world would not be dirty and unhygienic.

Who would like to have to wake up in the middle of the night and relieve themselves on the potty or outdoors?… Nothing against those who do that…

Anyway, my ideal world to reincarnate in would have to meet these 3 requirements. I know it's very strange to have a ready answer to this type of question, but  the flesh is weak and the desire is stronger than me.

Who knows, maybe fortune will smile on me and Truck-sama will choose me to be the next random guy he sends to another world. If that happens, I have to be prepared to answer these types of questions when I meet a person responsible for my second chance. I need to be prepared for this, what would Batman be without preparation?

Furthermore, I'm a guy who loves making theories and predictions with different types of scenarios. Like, what if an earthquake hits my city right now? Or what if a flood happens? What if UFOs were discovered this year? What if some kind of solar ray strong enough to burn out the Earth's electronics happens this month?

I don't know if it was explained correctly, but these examples show what kind of things I tend to theorize. I don't even need to talk about the zombie apocalypse. Anyway, let's continue.

I don't remember exactly how long ago someone asked me this question, but it must have been about 3 years since then. Every now and then I still remember the question and think if I would change anything in these 3 requirements.

And no, I would just change something. On the contrary, I think if I had to choose, I would just choose to go to a world of magic and science. I would completely ignore the other 2 requirements without even hesitating.

After all, I firmly believe in chaos theory, and just having these 1 specific requirement for an ideal world of reincarnation already gives me goosebumps. I can't even imagine the consequences that would happen if all 3 requirements were met in the same world.

An example to facilitate understanding is the fact that to circumvent Fisher's Principle, 5 or more different reasons will be needed. After all, the world and the environment itself were forced to work to create a difference of this magnitude between the proportion of men and women.

I could easily think of 3, which are:

First, women are stronger and better adapted than men. Like, they have more muscular strength or are more adapted to specific jobs that offer natural advantages for survival. Or something like that, how can we be less tired, have more manual skills, etc...

Secondly, males with good genes are weaker and/or less adaptable, so they face much more difficulty reproducing. This aspect can be much broader, for example, more beautiful, intelligent, smart, courageous men, etc. are commonly weaker and/or less adapted.

And the third, what I find most bizarre, is that females can fertilize other females. Something similar to what happens with hyenas. Honestly, I think the more I think about it, the weirder it gets. So I think I would sacrifice this requirement easily.

And if I were to stop in a world with such a gender imbalance, I think there should be something that regulates the gender ratio in a more civilized and less anti-competitive way. I don't know what it would be, but I don't worry about it either, as long as it's efficient.

And another thing I thought about and that makes me a little scared is how would so many different races be able to live together in a single world? This scares me as much as the gender ratio, after all, if I remember correctly, just with humans, the earth has gone through countless periods of war between people and 2 world wars, we are almost heading towards a 3rd.

But I also don't even want to think about how or why so many races could live together without killing each other to extinction. Yes, there would be wars and more wars, but even so, why would so many races be present?

Humans alone have already extinct countless species of animals that do not even compete for territories. Imagine a bunch of different races fighting for fertile land and water reserves.

I'm afraid to think deeply about these things to this day, but the flesh is weaker than the spirit and reason is weaker than the libido of a 21-year-old guy in the prime of her college life.

And just imagining elven beauties, muscular and athletic half-orc women or sensual foxes is enough to make me take the risk of entering a world full of dangers. Honestly, all it would take was for a white kitsune to hug me with its nine tails and I could die in peace.

I still dream about this kind of thing and I love going to cosplay events just to take photos and imagine myself in a world with so many magnificent races. Seriously, I think it's weird too, but I take comfort in the idea that I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

As the philosopher said, each of us has two versions, one that we use to live in society and another that we fight to hide from everyone. I don't know if that's the case, but I think you get the point.

Well, it was nice and cool to vent a little about it. It helped me a lot to not despair even more about the situation I'm in. Like, being naked in a totally scary forest would be a horror movie situation.

It's a very eerie forest, there are almost no birds singing and it's dark even though it's daytime. And the worst thing of all is that I can't even move the way I want because I'm in a baby's body.

Damn, in a BABY's body and in the middle of a forest with no one around. Damn, damn whoever is taking care of samsara today, damn bastard.

How am I lucky enough to be reincarnated and unlucky enough to be in a deadly situation on the first day? Is this some kind of joke? The old man who was going to listen to my wishes went on vacation and left everything to an AI without feelings?

Who the hell had the idea to abandon a child in a forest like this with nothing more than a rag that could barely be called a blanket? Hell, if they can't raise kids, they shouldn't even have kids. Bunch of irresponsible people, children of a mangy hyena.

I can't even ask for help, the most that comes out of my mouth is crying and more crying. And I don't even know if crying is a good idea, the chances of a hungry animal showing up are much greater than a kind soul finding me first.

Shit, shit, shit, shit… AAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Okay… calm down, breathe. I have to calm down and try to think of some kind of plan.

Man, what am I thinking? I'm a baby and I barely have control of my body, I've already pissed myself twice since I woke up. The most I can do is cry until someone or something kind finds me.

But will it work? This forest is very sinister… How many meters tall does a tree need to be to be able to block the sun like that? Seriously, I've walked through dense forests, like the Amazon rainforest in Brazil and several boreal forests in Canada, but this forest can be even more sinister.

If I start crying now, how long will it be before some wolf or bear comes along and takes advantage of their free meal? And even if it is close to civilization, is this place frequented or is it an isolated place?

The desire to cry is great, but the fear of being eaten alive is much greater.

But it seems like I don't even have the capacity to stay awake to think of a plan. Seriously, why did I have to reincarnate in such a bad situation? God, couldn't you send me by stork to a place that's easier to survive? Would it be too much to ask?

A baby really has no control over himself, how sad. Besides being in such a precarious situation, I'm forced to take a nap now. I can't even stay awake to watch time pass... I hope I don't get eaten while I sleep.

-----------------------------------

*Ding* *Zing**Zing*

Okay… I can believe that babies dream, but wouldn't it be asking too much to believe that babies dream about something like a green and red nebula? And this is so bright and alive, even more real than the simulations or photos I've seen in 21 years of life. And it moves… It looks like a cloud of live smoke with exuberant colors. It feels like I can touch it, it's so real. It is beautiful, magnificent and stunning. Incredible.

Wwwooowwww is changing color.

Now it's yellow and some shades of pink. Ohhh, it's changing again.

It seems to respond to my feelings. Hahahah incredible, I'm going to test some things to see if it's really responding to me.

 

I wanted to discuss more about the consequences in the world if these 3 requirements were met... Can anyone give me some ideas in the comments below? I already have a base, but I want to try to expand as much as possible in the most realistic way possible.

38