Chapter 8: The Visit
9 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Aachman woke up, the sun had already risen. So-called family members even had breakfast without him. Aachman's father, Kari, was sitting and merrily singing some tune that was not pleasant to hear. He blearily thought about how his dad's voice was similar to a scratching sound.

Bhumi and Aabha were also sitting nearby and chit-chatting after a meal with Kari. The family looked harmonious. They were happy, not Aabha, though. He looked more like he ate raw lemon for breakfast.

Aachman was wondering why they were happy. It is not like the Aachman's family was always gloomy, but not overly happy. This looks like a beggar somehow won the lottery and set for life that kind of happiness.

Aachman was still ruminating about the over-the-top happiness vibe in the family. Bhumi realized that Aachman was wide awake and staring curiously at them. "Your share of food is there. Go brush your teeth using a neem stick".

Aachman went to do his morning duties. This place was not modern India, where every house had a toilet.

For this purpose, Aachman needs to travel far enough where no people were present and water resource nearby for cleaning.

The Sun was already up in the sky, and people were moving everywhere. There was no privacy. Aachman promptly entered the bushes to finish his business.

It was not a problem for a kid like Aachman. The womenfolk need to conduct their business before the sun rises. Afterwards, it would be a privacy problem.

Generally, if villagers saw a woman in the field doing business, they would take a diversion. Women, meanwhile, pretend to be doing public gardening until people leave, and then they would continue their business. Aachman contemplated many things and went back to the house after completing the morning chores.

When the reason for the sudden happiness of the family was revealed. He was blindsided because the reason was him. Aachman was concerned as he was sure he evoked various reactions from his parents, like concern for his poor health, frown at being an oddball and outright rage for being lazy but never happy in the short period. He lived with his new parents.

The family was happy, but Aachman was not. First, he could not take credit for what happened, and he was also afraid of the young girl.

Kari announced he visited the village chief's house. It seems a young lady, the village chief's granddaughter, was interested in him. So the chief wants him to be her playmate.

What playmate? Aachman suddenly felt the world was a darker place. He was going to be gang-pressed as a lackey. Probably massaging the legs of the master while senior lackeys massaging her shoulders.

"Haha, my son is a lady killer," Kari winked at him.

Aachman realized that rubbing the salt over the wound was a painful matter. ladykiller! Him! After experiencing the antics of a young lady last time, he was afraid of her. He hoped if he stayed low for a few days, it would pass over him, but it did not seem so.

"My son is moving up in the world," Bhumi hugged her youngest son and probably suffocated him with the aid of her vast bosom.

One person in this family was quiet. Aachman thought that his elder brother might be the ally needed to sway the opinion of his parents. When he came to know Aabha was jealous of him, he was sorely disappointed.

Aachman's fate was pitiful, but his elder brother was coveting the position of a playmate, which was a disappointment.

He probably thinks of me eating rich food and lazing around, but the reality was cruel. Even though the noble girl did not seriously harm him last time, but still beat the shit out of him effortlessly. Being powerless and at the mercy of another person was seriously terrifying.

"Let's go," father roared suddenly.

"I have not had my breakfast," Aachman complained to his father.

"You can eat your breakfast later. We need to meet the village chief as soon as possible"

Aachman complained and rejected the playmate position, but both father and mother did not heed his complaints. They unceremoniously stripped his dhoti and wrapped him in a new one, which was reserved only for the festival and special occasions.

His mother brought out the coconut oil and greased his hair. After a few more minutes of tender ministrations, Kari and Bhumi decided Aachman was ready to meet the village chief.

Kari dragged the boy, who was still protesting about not wanting to be a playmate, but his screams fell on deaf ears.

2