Chapter 1: Never boring even for a minute!
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Good day everyone. How are you all doing? Great, I suppose. That's nice. I just...wish I could have that life too.

My name is Reiji Kusanagi. I'm no ordinary guy, though that's not exactly a brag in my book.

You see, I've been cursed with extremely bad luck my entire life.

When I was 3, I fell off my crib and got a concussion, which I luckily managed to recover from.

At age 6, when me on my family were on a cruise, I got attacked by a tiger shark. It only managed to bite my arm, which I managed to recover from. Barely even had a scar on me, weirdly enough.

At my birthday, when me and my family were visiting a returaunt in a foreign country, a volcano erupted near the resturaunt, and some of the magma even managed to get on my face, which I managed to recover from. Now I have a small scar on my head.

How I manage to consecutively recover from these situations, I have no idea. Honestly, I'm surprised my parents didn't abandon me at all with them having to pay my hospital bills. I'm really glad to have them as my parents, but with such a life like this, I thought it would be better if I just never left the house.

But if there was one thing, one thing that kept me going, it was art. I. Loved. Art. It was my favorite hobby to go to art gallerys and look at fanart online. I wanted to become an artist too, so I went through every art gallery in my city, joined my high school's art club, studied every form of art, even musical art. This one thing kept me going my entire life, and man did I enjoy it.

Unfortunately, there was one situation I couldn't recover from. While I was heading home from school, I witnessed a gang warfare in an alleyway and a stray bullet pierced through my skull. Three of them, to be exact. No one could recover from a situation like that, even someone like me.

As I lied down on the rough surface of the floor, my only regret was that I couldn't thank my parents for being so kind to someone like me. That was the end of my life...or so I thought.

"Ugh, my head...did something happen?"

As Reiji wakes up, he is greeted to a glowing aura around himself. He has no idea where he is, or what even is this place.

"What the hell?... Hey, is someone there? Can anyone hear me?"

Suddenly a bright light shines on Reiji, completely blinding him. Reiji tries to cover his eyes, but to no avail.

"Who's there!? Can you stop with the lights, please?"

As he said that, the light starts to dissapear, and a man in white robes appears.

"It's been a long time...Reiji."

For some reason this man knew who Reiji was. Is this God? And if so, is he in Heaven? The boy could only wonder.

"Who are you, mister? Am I dead? Is this Heaven?" Reiji asked.

Then the man replied."Mm, yes. You could say that, and you are in fact dead. I'm sorry you have to hear that."

"No worries. But what about my mom and dad? Do they...?"

"I'm afraid they do. Your death had been announced to them, and as you can expect, they're quite saddened about it." The man said with grief.

"Then, can you please write them a message? Tell them I'm fine, and that I'm glad to have them as parents. I want to at least make them happy, even for a little bit." Reiji asked. He wanted to show his gratefulness to the people that loved him his entire life.

"As you wish." The man shines a light on them, and tells them the message their son wants to deliver.

"My fellow humans. I've come to deliver a message to you, from your son Reiji Kusanagi. Please read it." He hands them a letter made of old papyrus. The message reads: 

"Dear mom and dad, are you all well? I'm just gonna assume you are. As for me, I'm doing great! I'm no longer in pain, and you won't have to keep paying my hospital bills anymore. I just...wish I could spend more time with you guys. I gave you guys such a hard time, yet you still cared for me. I know you would've loved to see me succeed as an artist. So, please move on without me. I'll always be here, in this house, in your hearts."

"Reiji...I..." The mom starts to overflow with tears. She's happy that their own son thinks of them like that.

"Reiji...Thank you." The dad wants to cry alongside his wife. The both of them are overjoyed he's no longer suffering.

"I will get going now. Goodbye, fellow humans." The man dissapears into dust, and returns back to Reiji.

"Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. So, what now? I don't know what I'm gonna do in heaven when I get there."

Then the man thinks of an idea. "Tell me, Reiji. How would you feel about being transported to a new world? A world named Celestus, quite similar to Earth. You can take your artistry there, if you'd like."

"Sweet! But why...?"

"Think of this as an apology for the bad luck curse I gave you. I actually put that on you by accident, when I was trying to give you a blessing at your birth. I'm truly sorry about that."

"Don't worry about it! So, when do I go?"

A portal opens behind the two, with a mysterious calming aura.

"That portal will take you to Celestus. Goodbye, my child."

"...yeah. Goodbye...God."

Reiji enters the portal leading to Celestus, leaving God alone once again.

"I feel like I've forgotten something...oh right, the curse...I was supposed to remove it here...oh dear."

As Reiji awaits his reincarnation, a slight cheering can be heard in the background.

(Who is that? Are we at a parade?) Reiji thinks to himself.

"He's awake. The Demon Lord's son has awoken! All bow before the son!"

"Hail the Logos! Mighty leader!"

It turns out that cheering came from a group of people praising the lord's son. And they seem to be monsters and demons.

(What the? Who are these guys?)

Then the Demon Lord soon arrives and carries him into his arms.

"Demons! I present to you, the third son of our bloodline! Franz Martinez Logos!"

"All bow before the king!"

The crowd cheers even louder than before. It turns out Reiji is the Demon Lord's newborn son, Franz Logos.

"...what?"

1