Chapter 6 – Melania
331 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Merry Christmas! (Or whatever other holiday you may or may not celebrate)

"How troublesome..." A certain Red-Haired vampire sighed while stretching on her chair, "Nng... Ever since little Lily showed up Lith dumped all her work on me!" ...Not that she didn't already do that before, but she at least still did some of the work, now all she sees is her treasure... "I'm not jealous of a child, totally not!" Melania pouted while inwardly cursing her best friend, well, Lily's situation is very complicated, so she knows that Lilith is just spoiling the girl for now so she can recover properly, but come on! She even dragged the research department into it...

*A few days ago*

Melania visited the lab of a certain old man, the head of Research and Development Lance Lux, renowned for his work with the previous 18 generations of Demon Lords, and also...

"Oh, What is this, has my niece finally freed up some time to visit this old fool?" Though he says that, he still looks as young as ever, with his tall build and his surprisingly well-defined muscles hidden by his lab coat, the man with short black hair and cyan eyes removed his gloves and mask to look at his niece with a pleasant smile on his face.

Sighing, Melania spoke, "I'm here on official matters, uncle. The Demon Queen has a task for you. It's Urgent." She looked at the 'old man', though she kept a neutral face, her lips couldn't help but curl upwards when seeing him.

"Hah, that Lilith wants something? Now that's new, never thought she'd come to me for anything, what is it?" He asked, clearly surprised that the Demon Lord known to dislike some of the more... dirty aspects of his work would ask him for help with something.

"Hmm, you know about the demon conversion ritual, correct?" Seeing him nod, she continued, "She wants you to improve its safety for children and make it compatible with holy power."

His face seemed to be confused for a moment, quickly turning into worry, he asked, "Mel, the girl isn't trying to make an army of demonic holy knights or anything, right?"

She sighed, knowing he would overthink it as soon as Lith told her to come here. She said, "Nothing of the sort, keep in mind what I'm about to tell you is to remain a secret" She looked at him seriously for a moment, and seeing that he understood, she continued, "Lilith adopted a human with a... large amount of holy power yesterday, and she wants to eventually fully take her in as family. However, she wants to make sure the process is completely safe before doing anything drastic. She's willing to give you unlimited funding for this project. The projected deadline is by the end of this week." She said, giving him a letter with the special stamp exclusively used by the Demon Lord.

Lance's face went through a myriad of emotions within a few seconds, surprise, shock, understanding, excitement, then back to shock again when he heard the deadline. He was quiet for a minute, he isn't stupid, he can read between the lines, if this child is who he thinks she is, then lots of things might change for the demons in the near future. But then he sighed, "Fine, this wouldn't be the first time I've been asked to do something crazy by a Demon Lord, nor will it be the last..." Looking at his niece, he asked, "Are we allowed complete freedom with our experiments?" Knowing that getting this done in a week would be close to impossible otherwise.

"As long as you don't break any of the new laws established by Her Majesty, you are free to do everything in your power to finish the task, yes."

*Back to the present*

Looking outside her window, Melania sees Lilith teaching Lily in the yard again. The girl absorbs information like a sponge and is a huge prodigy. It seems like the church only taught her the bare minimum of body reinforcement and some holy magic spells and sent her on her way, but now that she's actually being taught how to use magic properly, she's already learned how to at least use all the basic elements and some spells. Knowing Lith, she'll likely teach the girl her signature space magic... Not wanting to deal with the headache of thinking what kind of monster her friend is making, she decides to take care of her other responsibilities, she is the Demon Queen's spymistress after all, she has an entire spy organization to take care of, even though they're mostly self-sufficient, she still needs to check in here and there to make sure they're not going to suddenly self destruct or something.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yes, short chapter this time but I just wanted to get something out, hopefully, It won't take months for me to release the next chapter. I've been wanting to make a Melania POV for a bit now, so I decided to just go for it here to try something new. The next chapter is back to Lily and Lilith.

12