Prologue
104 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Friday at midnight
Michihiro's family home
(Kael Michihiro POV)

Have you ever felt like wake up in the midnight and having an existential crisis after you got a memory from your previous life? about how dangerous this world was after living for approximately 10 years, after I got a headache with nosebleed that make me Passed out all day long when I was at school.

Well, that feels really unpleasant.
Knowing that you live in a world that in your previous life was nothing more than a fictional story now it's become part of you life, and know about many dangers that normal people don't know about, makes 10 years of my life feel like just illusion just to keep me safe.

Dragon Deus or DxD for short, that is the name world I live in now.
How do I know I live in the DxD world ?
Well I live in Ground zero of all events that will kick the plot on, Kuoh town.
And not only that, I also happen to cross paths with the main character, Issei Hyoudou and Irina Shidou as my junior classmates at school.
How I met the main character is actually unpredictable when I think about it.

Flashbacks
Thursday
around 12 hours earlier
Kuoh Elementary School
3rd POV

Kael Michihiro a boy with black hair, deep dark blue Iris eye and body shape of a 10 year old child in general, a elementary school 4th graders just finished his class picket assignment With some of classmates and will going home soon, but his intention to go home was stopped for a moment because he saw A bunch of 6th graders surrounding two 3rd graders, Kael knew that group of children Always the center of attention because they are always looking for trouble with those heritage from outside country, Kael did the most logical thing he could think of, That is to stop the acts of bullying carried out by these seniors.

"Can you stop that behavior? You make only embarrassing your parents more" Kael said it calmly

"DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH US!!!!!" One of the bully group said in a loud tone

"Of course I have one, you guys are always looking for trouble with students who have heritage outside the country, I'm pretty sure YOUR parents will very disappointed with you guys for failing to educate they're son to at least respect other people, you guys will just be a burden to the family if this goes on" Kael said brutally honest and blunt to the point 

"YOU!!!" one of them came over with fists clenched "What do you do next? Hit me, it's only to attract the attention teachers around here you know, and they have more reason to report to the principal and get you kicked out of this school the next day" Kael said knowing that they are already being watched for sometime by the teachers who are still at school.

"Chi... you are not worth our time" One who clenched his fists chose to retreat followed by the others

"Yeah sure, use your 'useful time' for other useful things like talking to mom or dad, Or something that makes you more useful than being a dead weight" Kael Said before getting their angry stares before they out of sight.

"People like that can only bark a loud without giving meaning bites" Kael Said before turning his attention to his 2 underclassmen, "Are you guys okay, I hope they don't do anything more of that's"

"We're fine thanks for helping Shidou-san, senpai" boy with short spiky brown hair say while bending his body as a gesture of thanks follow by his friends doing same gesture

"It's not a problem, I'm just doing the right thing to do" Kael said while seeing a friend of a brown-haired boy, a girl with chestnut hair who actually looks quite tomboyish.
"Then we should all go home soon to avoid something like that."

"Wait!!!!" Shout of chestnuts hair girl stop Kael from leaving them."My name is Irina Shidou and this is Issei Hyoudou can you tell me your name?" while extending his hand to Kael followed by Issei.
"You Can call me Kael, Kael Michihiro nice to meet you all" said Kael while stretching out his hand to shake hands with Irina and Issei.

Instantly Kael got a tremendous headache after shaking Issei hand along with that his nose started bleeding.

"oh my........"

That was the last sentence Kael said before suddenly collapsing, before completely passing out Kael could still see his two underclassmen panicking with his sudden circumstances.

Present time
(Kael Michihiro POV)

To think random acts of stopping the bullying would set me off meet characters from fictional stories that will affect the world in the future and got memories about this world from my previous life made me think about how my future will be, because of my encounter with the main character, there's a chance that I could cause a butterfly effect on the world that could change  for better or worst.

I could just have become a background character and watch from the sideline and let all things go according to canon, but with action I did this afternoon must have made quite an impression on them and I indirectly made them my acquaintance will only make me be remembered as a childhood friend for the main character in the future.

I can only sigh and hope I haven't changed too much for what's to come

"well I could have made Issei less perverted on future so that might be a good thing"

"You can just keep contemplating about the future but you should just focus on the present and make that knowledge of the future as your guide"

I think that there is some truth about that, too much thinking about what will happen in the future will not make the present any better.

"Wait a second, I remember alone in this room where did that sound come from?!!!"

"Right here dummy"

I looked at the side of my bed, there is a handbook with the Crescent moon cover that accompanied by artistic ornaments along the surface

(Pictures)

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6f6e6745574c71636a6b763471513d3d2d313337383533313130362e313738306131346663366664306439393137323238313533363231372e6a7067

I'm a bit in awe for a moment to amazed by ornament that covers the surface of the book

"UMU........BE AMAZED TO SEE ME ALL YOU LIKE, MY NAME IS ARS, YOU ARE VERY LUCKY TO BE CHOSEN BY ME TO BECOM......"

"I'll will throw you to the trash bin right now," I said flatly without thinking And went for a walk out my room to trash bin behind house while carrying this talking book.
I understand that this talking book will bring a lot of attention, especially from the supernatural side.

"Wa...wa....WAIT A SECOND ARE YOU SERIOUSLY WANT TO THROW OUT THE LEGENDARY GRIMOIRE THAT MAKES ANY MAGES WOULD SACRIFICE THE ENTIRE WORLD JUST TO GET ME?"

"More reasons to get rid of you as soon as possible" and maybe burn this book just in case.

"BUT WITH ME YOU CAN BECOME ONE OF THE POWERFUL MAGES EVER RECORDED IN HISTORY!!!!"

"I just want to have a normal quiet life without the supernatural side breathing down my neck!!!"

People must have thought it was a very bad choice for me to throw(and maybe burn for good measure) this book away, but what's the point of trying to have a talking book that offers strength, that will bring a lot of problems in the future.

During the trip to the trash bin this talkative book was silent, after walking for a while I arrived at front of the trash can.

"Are you seriously going to throw me in the trash?" said Ars a little slowly

"Do you think I looked like joking with what I said earlier?"

At that moment Ars let out a loud crying sound that might have woken up the neighbors nearby

"HUAAAAAAAAAAA....... I WAITED UNTIL I FORGOT TO COUNT HOW MANY LONG TO GET THE MAGES CONTRACT AND THIS IS WHAT I GOT FROM MY WAITING HUAAAAAAAAAAAA........"

Oh great now I look like an asshole willing to leave a little child just because It's so noisy

"Fine-fine, I won't throw you into the trash bin then "

"Hic...hic...are you serious about that hic ...." Ars asked while sobbing a little

"After all, why am I choice to got contacted among millions or even thousands of people who are more deserving than me?"

"That was because a Grimoire couldn't choose who was to make contact with it, only when they find a mage that has something in common with the said Grimoire on Akashic Library and approved from the librarian that mage deserves to be evaluated to make contact"

'Something in common with the Grimoire that mages and must be approved by the librarian ?' I can ask Ars another time about that

"How do you know i'm the right person and why 'The librarian' approved of me making contact with you?"

"I don't know, the librarian just come one day and said that he found a mages that suits me and say 'Your journey as a Grimoire will help a young mage who will go down in history as an influential mages’ or something like that"

Damn it whoever that librarian was was shining a spotlight on me even though I was trying to stay in the background as much as possible, oh well now the plan of being a background character has changed to still being a background character who have knows a thing or two about magic.

"OK fine, I understand, I will accept the Grimoire contract as long as you don't concoct magic that makes the entire supernatural world try to get its pieces, just magic that even novice mage can use, do you agree ?"

"For other Grimoire I hear, most mages always ask for more as much they can hopefully get, usually any Grimoire will refuse and choose to return to the Akashic library waiting for another mage candidate"

"You can still refuse my contract and go back to the Akashic library to wait for someone else the librarian will definitely have more than one candidate."

"OF COURSE NOT DUMMY, I DON'T WANT TO BE THE JOKE IN AKASHIC JUST BECAUSE NITPICKING FOR MY FIRST CONTRACT WITH MAGES!!!!”

So this is the first time Ars has made into a contract like this, if any mages in the DxD world have the same ego as in the Nasuverse/Fate magus they will do everything they can to make any grimoire to talk about how to access Root.

"So are you ready to make a contract with me, once you do it you can't break the contract unless you die naturally or not, and  your current life won't be the same anymore?"

“My life has not been same since i got my old memories and know about the dangers that lurk on the supernatural side so it's better to have a way of self-defense just in case”

"If that's the case, lets make a new contract to you, oh young fool

I am thou, thou art I…

My vow stands renewed in pursuit of the truth.

In breaking free of doubt, the chain that impedes
thee, is thy strength of heart made manifest.

With the rebirth of Grimoire of moon,
Thou hast obtained the winds of blessing that
shall guide thee to the furthest depths.

With that the contract between Grimoire and Mages was concluded "

The book Ars now hangs around my neck with chain hanger as a symbol of the contract between Grimoire and mages, I can also feel the connection on a spiritual level

But seriously, chant contact with your shadow from the Persona series, I don't mind it anyway it sounds cool.

"So what are you going to do now that you got the Legendary  Grimoire directly from the akashic library?" Ars voice with a smug tone

"Well, the first thing I to do is go back to sleep."

"Eh…."

"What do you expect from me, try magic directly in a place like this? After all, I'm exhausted after experiencing so much for one day."

"That not a bad idea, so good night and sleep well ~Master~"

"Once again like that, I'll take you to the attic and let you dust until you can't be seen anymore"

After I said what was on my mind, Ars immediately fell silent and the journey back home was quite uneventful.
oh well, sleep soundly tonight because tomorrow morning there will be a new set problem that I have to solve.

Without realizing it, meeting this book would not only  change me but the whole world indirectly

TO BE CONTINUED……

3