Chapter 4: You are not worthy
890 3 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This was a change that no one could have expected except Luo Wei, who had been planning for a long time.

Although the temple also fell into silence due to this sudden incident, anyone could feel...

The king's anger was brewing.

Well.. after all, this was inevitable.

After Gilgamesh became king, no, more accurately, after he was born, no one had ever dared to rebuke or insult him in person like this.

Not even his parents, previous kings, and omniscient goddesses had ever treated him like this.

"King, this is an accident..."

The old priest stepped forward, his body trembling.

Although he felt that his whole brain went blank for an instant, and he couldn't understand why Luo Wei, who seemed noble and respectful, would do such a thing, but the old man was still in the position of high priest after all, and he felt that he had an obligation to appease the King's anger,

Or maybe...Luo Wei really made a mistake with the clay tablet.

At this time, he was still defending Luo Wei in his heart.

But Gilgamesh just glanced at him, his scarlet snake eyes were as cold as the ice hidden under the underworld, and the projected coldness made the old man speechless for a moment.

"Did I allow you to speak, Zaa..."

It was obviously a word that he used all the time, but when he thought of the words on the clay tablet in his hand, the arrogant king was a little speechless.

So his face became even uglier.

But the shock and deterrence was already obvious.

Under his red pupils, no one dared to speak, and almost instantly, all the priests, servants, and guards also knelt down at the same time.

Gilgamesh was a half-god and half-human king, and his anger would naturally be accompanied by heavy pressure.

It was enough to make everyone tremble unconsciously.

Well..except for Luo Wei—after all, he came from the root.

Although that power was now sealed on the Throne of Heroes, he had mastered it at least once, so he didn't take this threat from Gilgamesh at all.

Instead, he was really happy in his heart.

The angrier Gilgamesh was, the happier he was.

So what he showed was a sinister smile, and Gilgamesh's eyes became even colder.

"It's mere mongrel... Have you thought about the consequences of daring to offend the great and glorious king?

A lowly person like a maggot!"

Surrounded by prostrate subjects, he said coldly,

The red circuits engraved on his body emerged with shining light.

That was the trace of the power of the gods being activated.

Compared to ordinary people, the vast and unrivaled power came from the naturally manifested bloodline of the gods.

"Who is not humble?"

Luo Wei responded, facing the increasing anger of Gilgamesh, he was not surprised but pleased:

"Greatness is relative, humbleness is eternal. I may be weaker than you, but when you're compared to the gods, and the gods are compared with the universe, who can be stronger forever?"

"But at least I have this understanding, and you don't-"

"The so-called great king." Luo Wei's smile became brighter and brighter, but when it fell into Gilgamesh's eyes, it was extremely dazzling.

"Do you only dare to point your weapons at your own subjects?

Do you only dare to use the power and authority as the king to oppress your respectful and obedient subjects?"

Luo Wei had already prepared the words in his heart, and of course, he would not be speechless at such a critical moment.

He seemed eloquent:

"Do you know what a king is?"

"The so-called king should be a person who protects his subjects; the so-called king should be a person who protects a country.

But what did you do?

He calls himself a king, but he only bullies his subordinates and the defenseless people. He is cruel and domineering.

He measures everything in the world by his own standards. He disregards the wealth and poverty of his subjects and tramples on the dignity of the people under his rule."

Treats the country as your own private property and manipulates it at will, and treats the people as your own toys, to be disposed of according to your preference."

"Are you worthy of being a king?"

"Gilgamesh... you're really just a bastard!"

With both voice and emotion,

Luo Wei's handsome face seemed to be slightly flushed from excitement.

Gilgamesh's expression changed from cold to calm.

Calling the king by his first name can be considered treasonous in Uruk.

But in this regard, Gilgamesh did not curse or become angry as if he suddenly calmed down, but almost everyone knew that... Gilgamesh, like this, was the precursor to real anger.

He was the only one who ever called others bastards.

Today, it's the other way around.

However, for some reason, what Luo Wei said resonated with the prostrate subjects around him from the bottom of their hearts.

The unscrupulous Gilgamesh was indeed, as Luo Wei said.

A cruel, domineering, and moody king who disdained his superiors and oppressed his subordinates, making the subjects of Uruk miserable.

These are all well known in the entire Uruk.

It's just that in the past, no one dared to raise it in front of Gilgamesh, and no one dared to accuse him of it.

Except Luo Wei,

At this moment, now and here, Luo Wei!

He was using his life to appeal for the people of Uruk, and he was using his life to point out the king's mistakes——

Everyone was stunned.

The old priest burst into tears at the same time.

He didn't see the wrong person!

Compared with the self, who only wanted to see Uruk remain as much as possible, Luo Wei's approach was more direct and intense.

He loves this country more than himself and more than anyone else.

"Have you finished speaking?"

Speaking coldly and harshly, the king who ruled Uruk looked indifferent.

In the echoing voice, only the red circuit representing the power of God became more shining.

As a felony for offending the king, next, he will also give heavy punishments to the treacherous people!

Well.. ordinary people might be afraid, but Luo Wei couldn't wait for it.

He was even afraid that the punishment would be too light and he would not die.

So he kept adding fuel to the fire.

"It's over? Of course, it's not over!"

"Gilgamesh, do you think that you are a king chosen by the heavens so you can be unscrupulous?

Do you think you can use the power of a demigod to bully the weak?"

"no, you can not."

"No one can!"

"Uruk is a city-state built by humans. It is a home that we built from scratch with loess, mud, and stones."

"This is our home, our country."

"Our king should be decided by the people."

"you--"

"Not worthy!"

Click, click, click... The clay tablet that was still in Gilgamesh's hands up to this moment began cracking even more before expanding and shattering into countless corner fragments that fell onto the temple floor.

Luo Wei felt a bit pity that he could not leave any 'physical' proof of his performance.

But also enough.

As the first deadly remonstrance in human history, he now believes that he can be recorded in the annals of history.

So next...

"Although I am only one person, you can kill me, but I believe that after I die, the people will never stop."

"In the future, someone will rise up and rebel because of your cruelty."

He will leave these words as his final words, and pass them on to future generations.

Give him a spectacular death!

44