Chapter 30: Humbaba and Bull of Heaven
439 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven thousand years ago, the alien objects from the sky, known as the "Wandering Star Soldiers," pierced the foundation of the gods' existence in this world, marking the beginning of the decline of the age of the gods.

Although the gods still reside high in the sky, they can no longer descend in their true forms to this world.

It's just that although it has declined, the Age of Gods is still there after all, and it has not yet completely ended.

Just like Ishtar can still come to reality in the form of possession, even if other gods cannot find a suitable body to possess, most of the ones they can find are like Aluru, who can only stay for a short time, but as a existence for a long time, the gods still have many ways to interfere in the world.

The 'eye' that left before was one.

Now, the release of the mightiest divine and demonic beasts into the human world serves as another way for the gods to exert their influence.

"A group of mongrels who rely on underhanded tactics!"

After listening to Ishtar's 'information', Gilgamesh smiled coldly: "If you have the guts, come down and challenge me in a duel!"

Ishtar: "..."

If we could come down, we would have come down long ago, okay?

"I'm just here to give a warning... Why are you holding onto me!?" Ishtar shifted her gaze from him to Luo Wei and Enkidu before her who were dressed in similar linen robes.

Mainly, Luo Wei——

The goddess moved, but she could only rattle the chains that bound her, producing a crisp sound.

She was caught.

The whole body was tightly bound by the 'Lock of Heaven', not even a trace of skin could be seen, only a head with long black hair was exposed.

She was obviously here to inform them...in her own words, she was here to 'declare war', but before she could turn around, Enkidu tied her up with the 'Locks of Heaven' and bundled her into the house.

If she had been in her true form, Enkidu, unable to fully harness the power of the Heavenly Locks, would not have been able to restrain her.

But unfortunately, she was not the real body, so she can only be dragged into the house.

Like dragging a pig to death...

Ahhhhh, if I had known earlier, I wouldn't have come.

No return on a good deed!

"Little En, let her go!" Luo Wei looked at Enkidu beside him and said, "She means no harm."

"Are you right? Ishtar Rin."

"Speaking of which, I thought it was strange before." Gilgamesh also spoke at the same time, glancing at the goddess from top to bottom with his crimson serpent-like eyes, then grinning, "It turns out you are... The possessed human nature has taken over!"

"Huh ha ha ha... Is this the so-called goddess? Quite the amusing sight!"

Ishtar's face instantly turned red, but she could not refute.

"But," Gilgamesh paused again before continuing,"Your appearance is much more pleasing to the eye than that disgustingly arrogant goddess!"

There was a crash... Enkidu over there also obeyed and put away the Lock of Heaven after hearing Luo Wei's words.

Ishtar tumbled to the ground, the hem of her red coat folding and rolling on the ground, her exposed calves twisted backward, and she squirmed slightly.

She took a deep breath and raised her red eyes, it's just before she could breathe a sigh of relief, she met a pair of bright emerald green eyes again.

"You have an unpleasant scent." Enkidu sat down next to Luo Wei, smiling.

It's a bit scary...the goddess shrank.

"But there is another smell that is not so unpleasant." Enkidu withdrew his gaze and said calmly: "As long as this scent is always dominant, I will not do anything to you."

It seemed that the words were meant to reassure Ishtar, but why they sound so... so scary?

He will express his thoughts unabashedly and threaten things he hates.

This was how the god-crafted clay Enkidu taught by Luo Wei figures.

"Then now, let's explain it clearly!" Luo Wei broke the uneasy atmosphere: "Mistress of the heaven - what do you mean?"

"Literal meaning!" Ishtar soothed her inner thoughts and responded.

Then looked at Luo Wei, then Enkidu, and finally at Gilgamesh.

As if she had suddenly realized something, she shook her head vigorously, "No—no, I'm just here to declare war. Why should I explain so much?!"

As she said that, she glared at Luo Wei...today, she changed into clothes similar to Elli's.

As a result, this guy was not only indifferent, but also allowed the heavenly locks to tie her up...

It was simply abominable!

Boom, boom... The next moment, gold coins clattered to the ground. Luo Wei withdrew his hand, looking at the gold coins he had taken from the king's treasury, scattering them across the floor and said, "Now, can you explain?"

If he remembered correctly, the body occupied by Ishtar, 'Tohsaka Rin', was a standard money addict.

Due to her influence, Ishtar also has the characteristics of a money-lover..

Sure enough, Ishtar's eyes widened, and she unconsciously gathered all the gold coins into her arms.

But when she noticed his expression, her face turned slightly red, and she forced herself to sit up straight and explained, although this explanation was very weak, "Ahem... don't misunderstand. This goddess isn't swayed by your gold coins!"

"This is just the mercy of the goddess. I don't want to see you die inexplicably!"

Afterwards, she looked at the three people in front of him, and then continued:
"You have done things that disobeyed the gods before, right?"

"Now, under my influence, the gods have decided to punish you—or rather, to punish all of Uruk..."

"So they sent the strongest divine beast and the strongest demonic beast to attack at the same time?"

"Yes." Ishtar looked at Luo Wei who interrupted her and nodded, a little strange.

Why did this guy feel excited?

Why wouldn't Luo Wei be excited?

In the original "Epic of Gilgamesh," both, 'Gugalanna' the Bull of Heaven' and the demonic beast 'Humbaba' were powerful enemies that Gilgamesh and Enkidu had to join forces to defeat with great effort.

Especially the latter - before being brought to the world by Aluru, Enkidu in mud form lived with Humbaba for a period of time, and many of his remaining fighting instincts were also learned from him.

Now, they appear together because of the 'butterfly effect' caused by him.

For others, this was an absolute crisis.

But for Luo Wei—

It was the perfect opportunity!

In such a crisis, even with their best efforts, it may be difficult to survive! ?

Of course, he couldn't explain the reason for this excitement, so he took a deep breath quickly and deliberately pretended to be sad: "It seems that the gods have made up their mind to destroy us..."

No matter what, the simultaneous attack of the strongest divine beast and the strongest demonic beast on the Mesopotamian plains indicated a huge crisis.

It represented a natural disaster, and even among the gods, few could match their combat power.

Let's not talk about now..

Even if were Gilgamesh and Enkidu on the later stage, when they could fully unleash their power, they would still only be able to fight against one of them.

"Anu's verdict is..." At this point, Ishtar, acting as the god king, played her role to the fullest,
"Between Heaven's Lock, the Heaven's Wedge, and the Heaven's Key, only two could be allowed to exist."

Through their recent encounter, it became clear that these three working together possessed the potential to disrupt the three realms of heaven, earth, and humanity, posing a significant threat.

Simply put, they can only leave two out of three, so either Gilgamesh, Luo Wei, or Enkidu must die.

"Then let me go and meet the gods for a while..."

Discuss with them and take the initiative to seek death.

To protect the lives of Gilgamesh and Enkidu—

Loaded into an epic poem, it becomes a tragic song.

This is what Luo Wei wants.

However, before he could complete his sentence, Gilgamesh interrupted, "...mongrels,
A bunch of bastards can also point out things about my domain?"

"Go back and tell the gods to wait for their own demise!"

Speaking, he waved his hand.

"Sooner or later, the three of us will drag the gods into the human world!"

But can you let me finish what I was saying?

Seeing Gilgamesh choke up his words with just one sentence, Luo Wei felt helpless.

But after looking at the surprise on Ishtar's face and the... determined look in Enkidu's eyes behind him, he was startled and then smiled.

Never mind.

Fair enough.

Anyway, if a war breaks out, it would definitely not be difficult to die!

So—

So be it!

He looked at Ishtar, or rather... at the gods in the sky.

"If you want to die, just come!"

The voice echoed through the room, resonating like thunder in the sky with a finality that no one could ignore...

Don't pity me just because I'm a delicate flower!

21