Chapter 33: Prototype of Alliance
559 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For Ziusudra, a hermit in the Deep Land who survived the last great flood that destroyed the world and gained immortality, meeting 'Luo Wei' a person without destiny, was an extremely important thing.

It wasn't because Luo Wei opened the gap in the secluded earth 'the underworld' so that he could walk out of it.

But it was because he knew that a disaster like the world-destroying flood would soon sweep across this land again.

And Luo Wei would be a crucial person against that one.

He had a reason to find him.

People who have experienced disillusionment do not want to see the scene of desolate land and fragmented civilization after the flood recedes.

....

Just like that, time flew by.

For Luo Wei, the next period of time was entirely calm.

After all, in that room, Gilgamesh, who had become serious, determined a plan on how to delay the gods' punishment.

He ordered the priests of the temple to pray to heaven, claiming that he was considering the requests of the gods.

In any case, Gilgamesh was a chess piece cultivated by the gods themselves, and unless it was absolutely necessary, the gods would definitely not want to lose such a useful chess piece.

So they still had a glimmer of hope which also stemmed from self-confidence - they were not afraid of what Luo Wei and the others would do, so they would naturally slow down the calamity while waiting for Gilgamesh's 'answer'.

Nothing went wrong during this process, and it has been so calm during this period.

Luo Wei rarely calmed down.

Although his ultimate goal had nothing to do with a peaceful life, it was still necessary to relax occasionally.

Moreover, he felt that he needed to use this free time to study the deeper uses of the 'Key to Heaven' ability that he has mastered, to avoid being cheated next time—

During this period of time, he had indeed mastered some of the abilities of this Sky Key.

It can even affect the protection given to the body to a certain extent.

It cannot be turned on and off completely, but its impact can be weakened.

Turn 'immortality' into conditional 'immortality'.'
It was also during this time that he took the time to return to the Pantheon to visit the old men there.

It's just at this moment when Uruk and the gods were about to split officially; the situation of the priests was undoubtedly embarrassing.

Luo Wei could also see their embarrassment and even hesitation.

Although they had agreed to delay Gilgamesh's report to the gods, they had not yet decided whether they should abandon their long-held beliefs and break with the gods.

Such questions are difficult.

Luo Wei didn't say much; he always respected their choices.

Regardless of whether they would be friends or foes later, at least the priests took good care of him.

Anyway, this was just a very small episode.

The rest was smooth sailing.

The only problem was probably a certain goddess who often comes over to 'harass' him...

In the courtyard near the Uruk Palace, the warm sun that had just risen fell on the earth, baking it into a clear area, and the greenery that covered the four corners of the wall.

Luo Wei picked up the clay bowl on the table and took a sip of the full ale.

Then he raised his eyes and caught a glimpse of the figure opposite who was eyeing the contents of his bowl eagerly.

The arms exposed in the sun still looked white and translucent, and the body was gracefully covered under the red coat.

And above that, there were long black hair tied into two strands hanging down, reflecting a delicate face and a pair of eager red eyes.

Ishtar Rin..

It has been like this every day, every day these days.

Showing up at his residence early in the morning.

Staring at him closely...

Unfortunately, it was Ishtar who came.

In the past few days, he hadn't seen a trace of Ereshkigal.

"Ahem, Luo Wei, what else do you want to eat today?" Enkidu walked over with light steps, her verdant green hair flowing freely, her beautiful face with a hint of contemplation: "It is said that the closer one is to the existence and taste of God, the more delicious it is, not as good as..."
Speaking, she glanced at Ishtar.

Ishtar shivered suddenly and withdrew his gaze from Luo Wei.

Enkidu smiled and said nothing.

This was the daily routine – as the vessel for the goddess, Ishtar was very afraid of Enkidu.

After all, the Lock of Heaven was the power that bound 'heaven' itself.'

Heaven' was synonymous with gods.

Ishtar had no way to deal with it, nor did she want to anger Enkidu... Although, due to some strange attributes from her possessing body, it was difficult to avoid that.

After all...

"Delicious—" Ishtar began to devour what Enkidu had brought to the table, and after a satisfying meal, she made a contented sound. "Really good, even a god-created clay figure has such culinary skills!"

In the past few days, because the things Luo Wei cooked were so sparse and ordinary, they could only barely satisfy her hunger, so the food here was entirely left to Enkidu.

The God-made clay man had extremely strong hands-on ability, and this kind of thing is easy for her.

But before it was over, the goddess of Venus sighed again: "Hmm... with such a god-created clay man taking care of you, you still covet the Goddess of the Underworld... You're quite greedy, aren't you? By the way, this god-created clay man, is it male or female? Clay figures shouldn't have genders, right? So, how do you..."

The goddess of Venus seemed a little arrogant, but in the end, her voice became smaller and smaller.

Because a shadow cast over her from behind; Enkidu stood behind her with a smile on the face, gentle and touching...

——It's over.

Ishtar's expression froze.

"Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ( (put me down!)" After a while, the roof beams in the house made an overwhelming sound amidst the frightened noises.

Luo Wei glanced at the goddess who was hung up by the Heaven's Lock and held his forehead.

When it comes to seeking death, this woman is much more talented than me.

He fell into deep thought.

"Luo Wei, what are you thinking about?" Enkidu's melodious voice sounded in his ear.

Luo Wei snapped back to reality and happened to see little En getting closer, her emerald eyes and moist lips reflecting specks of light. "Do you want me to put that woman down?"

"Well..." Luo Wei glanced at Ishtar, who was still struggling over there.

Ishtar also looked over, looking eager.

Put me down——

He saw the desire in the goddess's eyes and was about to respond.

Bang.

Enkidu closed the door to the room, wearing a smile on her face, completely isolating Ishtar's figure and sound.

There was no intention of waiting for Luo Wei's reply.

Ishtar: "..."

Luo Wei: "..."

"Hahahaha, what a lively sound!"
At this moment, a very iconic voice sounded outside the door: "Is this a welcome ceremony that was prepared in advance after knowing the king's arrival?"

Under Enkidu's smiling gaze, Luo Wei, who no longer looked at Ishtar, calmly took a sip of barley wine.

He looked at Gilgamesh, who was walking in, and Miss Siduri, the assistant officer who was following him. "You bringing your golden chariot is one thing, but even Miss Siduri, who is usually quite busy, has come... Looks like there's something to discuss here?"

"They are just some insignificant people who dare to challenge the authority of this King," Gilgamesh sat down opposite Luo Wei without any care, crossed his arms, and said.
"I will let those bastards know that there is only one person in the world who is qualified to bark at this king who controls all things, and it's me."

"These words gave me goosebumps," Luo Wei rolled his eyes.

But he probably knew what Gilgamesh was referring to.

21