Chapter 39: Head-On Collision with the Bull
317 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Certainly, even though Luo Wei intentionally wanted to provoke Gilgamesh to satisfy his own dark amusement, what he said wasn't false.

He did not know at first that there was something abnormal about the beast that fell from the sky.

He only sensed the abnormal situation when he passed through the eastern plain of Uruk after returning from the city-state where he had just been sent as an envoy.

Now that he had sensed the abnormality, he certainly could not remain indifferent——

Wherever there is danger, there would be him.

The more dangerous it was, the more active Luo Wei would be..

How could he miss such a great opportunity?

Regardless of whether he can die smoothly or not.

But insisting on not letting go of any chance, he still headed towards the direction of the Bull of the heaven

....

A moment passed.

Eastern Uruk.

Near the banks of the Euphrates River, one of the two mother rivers of Mesopotamia.

Luo Wei walked on the dry ground, stepping over rugged rocks, with an endless desolation stretching out before him.

The cracked ground was riddled with countless ravines, just like the surface of shattered pottery, creating a highly impactful scene with deep and sprawling patterns.

He paused in his footsteps.

It had to be said—

As the most powerful divine beast, the Bull of Heaven has undoubtedly had a huge impact on the world.

It was quite similar to the concept of gods.

The so-called "Divine Beast" didn't imply a gentle or friendly creature.

Gods are the manifestation of nature and personification brought about by human belief.

Mythical beasts are no exception.

The bull of heaven represented natural disasters, symbolizing droughts, storms, and dust.

The consequences it brought during its manifestation were only natural.

After all, as Gilgamesh stated previously, just like gods, mythical beasts also needed a vessel to descend into the mortal realm.

In the past, gods directly condensed ether from the atmosphere to shape their physical forms.

Now, with the ether in the atmosphere becoming scarce, the only remaining option is "possession."

If one disregarded the differences in power and specifications, at their core, these divine beasts were similar to gods but occupied a lower position.

Therefore, the Bull of Heaven could still shape the body with the ether in the atmosphere to carry the essence and appear.

The concepts that spread out during this process would naturally cause corresponding phenomena.

"Everything has life and death." Seeing Luo Wei stop, the old man who had been standing beside him spoke in a low voice, his voice still old and deep: "Under the magnificence of the stars and the universe, life is always short."

"You don't have to mind—"

After that "assassination" incident, this old man, Ziusudra has been following him all the way.

"You say where there's life, there's death," Luo Wei withdrew his gaze and looked at Ziusudra. "Then will you die?"

"Why don't we have a fight!"

He couldn't explicitly say that he wanted to die, so Luo Wei could only express it this way.

"The old man doesn't kill those whose fate hasn't arrived, let alone those with no fate," Ziusudra replied calmly.

"Are you afraid you can't beat me? It's okay, old man, I'll go easy on you!"

A basic but effective provocation technique.

Although unlikely, Luo Wei had been trying to "provoke" Ziusudra during this whole time, hoping to make him attack and end his own life.

Once the first Assassin took action, even Elli would likely not be able to help him escape the consequences of death that would follow.

If he could duel with Ziusudra and die at the hands of such a person, it would be enough to leave a mark in history.

Unfortunately, this old man had lived for quite some time; how could he possibly fall for it?

Whether he cursed or provoked, Ziusudra completely ignored it.

"Hahaha, young people have energy, that's for sure! But the old man is indeed old and can't beat you young people anymore," the old man admitted candidly. "Besides, the old man actually doesn't know how to fight at all."

He doesn't know how to fight; he only knows how to kill, right... Luo Wei squinted his eyes, not looking too surprised by this failure.

"It's okay not to fight. Teach me your assassination skills..."

Then he can teach others too.

Then, let them come to kill him.

"You have no talent," Ziusudra still refused.

Luo Wei sighed and looked ahead without insisting.

Indeed, it would be better if the Bull of Heaven were more powerful...

But to be honest, his current mood is actually not that good.

On the way here, he saw a lot of bones. The mottled remains were piled on the ground and buried among the dry sand.

Among them, there are animal bones and human corpses.

Natural disasters have always been terrifying.

A thousand miles of barren land, and piles of corpses are nothing unusual.

Perhaps it wouldn't seem like much before seeing it.

But after actually seeing it, anyone's mood wouldn't be too good.

Because it's shocking to the eye.

And because of human empathy.

What Ziusudra said earlier, to him, it really wasn't something to worry about.

For an old man who is used to seeing life and death, that is really not something worth worrying about.

But Luo Wei felt that he had reason to prevent such a disaster from continuing, even though this was the purpose of his stay here——

"Up ahead, there's a sound."
A deep voice rang out, and the old man suddenly stopped his footsteps.

His aged face under the black cloak lifted, his eyes gazing forward.

The sky was clear, and the yellow sand stretched endlessly.

The sunlight was so intense it was nerve-wracking.

Following Ziusudra's gaze, Luo Wei quickly saw what he was talking about.

They were people.

A group of people fleeing in panic.

Although the distance was great, with Luo Wei's current physique, he could still see their shriveled and severely dehydrated bodies at a glance, as well as their faces, which were as yellow as barren land.

And behind them, there were swirling air currents, roaring winds, and a phenomenon that continuously trampled the earth.

The whirling storm ripped apart everything, swallowing up all the water in it.

Wherever it passed, the earth shriveled up instantly.

Life, too, would dry up and die.

"The Bull of Heaven?"
Luo Wei could see it at a glance; that storm was the Bull of Heaven, not yet fully manifested, though.

It had the shape of an unformed storm.

But it was like a mad beast, chasing after the group of people, tearing and crushing them.

Someone fell.

Someone wailed.

The visible dryness on their bodies became more pronounced.

Because the closer they got,

The more moisture was swallowed up —

"It seems I've underestimated it..." The corners of his mouth twitched as Luo Wei looked at the old man beside him.

"Old man, do you want to go up?" he asked.

Ziusudra shook his head and said, "I haven't heard the call of destiny from that divine beast."

He will not wield the sword until the destiny comes.

"Then don't interfere with me." Luo Wei was satisfied.

In any case, Ziusudra kept his word.

He sighed, patted his pure white robe, closed his eyes, and in an instant of opening them, the shadow of the burning 'Key of the Heaven' appeared deep within his pitch-black pupils.

Ziusudra stood still.

Watching Luo Wei open his hands to welcome the arrival of the raging storm and the trampling of the unformed divine beast.

This was to "send death".

To a certain extent, it was to vent the unhappiness Luo Wei had accumulated along the way.

Those who wield great power have always been aloof.

This was extremely realistic.

It's also a limitation of the times.

But Luo Wei was unhappy, just unhappy.

Dissatisfied with non-human entities judging all living things based on their own whims.

Dissatisfied with their high and mighty attitude, viewing everything as mere playthings.

Oh, you gods who have unleashed the Bull of Heaven into reality, do you think...you are the only ones who have this kind of power??

He raised his hand, the strong wind tore his robe, and the invisible 'door' opened at the same time.

Grasped in his palm.

Converging into a radiant stream of light.

"...How dare a mere bastard trample on this land ?"

"Who—"

"Gave you the courage!?"

Unrelenting mockery.

Luo Wei moved forward.

A resounding moment echoed.

The fleeing refugees subconsciously turned back.

Then they saw an incredible scene that they had never seen before in their life.

The bright stream of light was like a huge door blocking the crazy roaring storm, and a figure was suspended above it, with his hands open.

With his body of flesh and blood, he stood like a long wall, fighting against the natural disasters that appeared——

Crashing together!

20