Chapter 42: Walking with the Goddess
328 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Ereshkigal uttered these words, it could be said that she summoned all her courage.

For her, this was indeed a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity - because she had appeared in a form close to her true self.

She couldn't leave the Underworld; as the mistress of the Underworld, once she leaves, her departure would not only cause widespread death in the mortal world but also result in significant deviations within the Underworld itself.

But now she could, if only temporarily.

However, during this time, she could indeed move freely here!

So an inexplicable urge that came out of nowhere.

An inexplicable 'confidence' that surged within her of nowhere finally turned into substantive action at this moment!

Although the people present there couldn't see her face, the goddess's words were clearly heard by everyone, and they all held their breaths.

Luo Wei looked at Eresh, who was holding his hand in front of him.

She stared back at him, her face flushed and her heart beating rapidly, but what she said was not a question from the beginning.

But...demand.

Goddess's requirements for her believers.

She wanted him to date her..

"It's really tough..." he said.

"You... don't be verbose, this is a gift from the goddess, so you should be..um..."

While these words would have obviously sounded commonplace and arrogant coming from other gods, but when Eresh said them, they seemed a bit naive and ..even a bit cute..

Damn.

Oh well.

Luo Wei glanced at the distant Bull of Heaven' now scattered and reduced to just a wisp of clouds.

It seems that it would be difficult for it to regain the previous scale in a short period of time.

So, just think of it as relaxing.

Luo Wei wanted to die.

He also believed he would die sooner or later.

The grand plan had already been set—

Seize every opportunity, but there was no need to rush.

He thought, nodded, and didn't refuse.

But in fact, Elli herself didn't know much about the concept of dating.

Maybe it's just like taking a walk among friends, right?

Well...even closer than friends.

The goddess thought to herself.

The two said goodbye to everyone and walked east toward the Euphrates River.

The oncoming airflow regained its previous moistness, and the river water resumed its rapid flow, pouring out like a full water bottle being opened.

"It's so beautiful..." Ereshkigal, standing by the riverbank, stopped in her tracks and stared at the scene in front of her, stunned.

The golden, shimmering tips of the goddess's hair swayed, mingling with her flowing crimson robe.

The scene before her was something that couldn't be found in the eternally silent underworld.

Of course, it was also the first time she had seen it.

Luo Wei, who was still holding her hand, turned slightly to look at the girl's profile and couldn't help but agree with her:
"It is indeed beautiful."

Really beautiful..

"Luo Wei, do you think so too?"
Elli heard his words and looked over subconsciously.
She thought that Luo Wei, who had been living on the ground, would be used to such scenes and was merely responding perfunctorily so as not to upset her.

But when she looked at Luo Wei, she realized that he didn't even look at the river flowing in front of her.

What he was looking at was her.

And he said was about her.

An unavoidable look, an unabashed meaning.

As a result, the mistress of the mistress of the underworld blushed again..

Her face turned red instantly.

"You, what were you talking about just now..." She opened her mouth and spoke dryly.

Not knowing how to respond.

Respond with "you too"?
It would be too..the goddess was really shy.

Luo Wei laughed - fortunately, not in a Gilgamesh-like manner this time.

'It almost destroyed the atmosphere that I had finally built up.'

'I will definitely give that flashy guy a scolding when I get back...'

He confidently dumped the blame on a guy far away in the royal city, and secretly breathed a sigh of relief.

All he could say was that being with Eili does feel a bit relaxing.

Different from the inexplicable pleasure of provoking Gilgamesh, and different from the matter-of-factness of being with Enkidu, this was a kind of spiritual peace and relaxation.

Not just Luo Wei

Eili felt the same way too.

"It's really incredible, isn't it... Luo Wei?" After a long sigh of relief, the goddess flipped the ends of her golden hair, and a bright smile appeared on her delicate face.

She looked in front of her and narrated in a low voice: "Obviously everyone is so afraid of me, and everyone wants to stay away from me, but you are the first one who desperately wants to get close to me. ..."

Not afraid of death.

Even, longing to be close to death.

To get close to her...

This was the reason why she was attracted to him in the first place.

'Can I say that I really want to die? ' Luo Wei's lips twitched.

It wasn't a question of fear.

It was a question of wanting it very, very much.

Without waiting for Luo Wei to respond, Elli took his hand and walked forward.

No direction, just letting the wind lead.

"Luo Wei, you say...are we friends?" Her words, like a soft melody, reached his ears as he looked at the girl beside him.

Her rosy ears.

Although Elli had actually had an answer to this question as early as the last time they met for the first time, she still longed for real confirmation.

Even when asking, her heart was still anxious.

"Of course..." Luo Wei replied, then paused before saying. "Not anymore."

"Huh!?" Elli was stunned, turned her head suddenly, and then she suddenly realized: "Humph... I am the goddess who controls the underworld!"

She showed a fierce look:. "If you say it's not, then it's not?"

"This kind of thing can't be forced," said Luo Wei naturally.

"But I insist!" The mistress of the underworld blushed slightly. "But... um, don't get me wrong, I don't really want to be friends with you!"

"This is just because of the dignity of the goddess!"

Clenched hands, clasped closer.

The anxiety in her heart finally settled at this moment.

She knew that Luo Wei was speaking sarcastically on purpose.

Luo Wei also knew that if he responded positively, with Elli's character, she might get too shy to speak.

But by deliberately speaking the opposite, it would trigger her inner arrogant tsundere nature.

Making the atmosphere more relaxed.

"So, finally..." Elli flicked her golden hair and looked directly at Luo Wei.

In the last moment, the collision between their lips and teeth, the enchanting goddess of the underworld instantly shrank into Luo Wei embrace, her upturned face attached to his ear.

Fair legs pressed close to the thighs, the warm caress brushed against the slender waist, the hips swayed gently, and ripples undulated.

The mellow goddess leaned against his ear and whispered softly, "We'll meet again next time, Mr. Luo Wei"

Luo Wei collected his thoughts, looking at the now empty embrace, the fragrance still lingering in the air.

Ereshkigal departed.

Because the time had come.

Even with the Key of Heaven to reach the present world, there were still limitations.

Time was up,

The goddess had to leave.

But in the end... Luo Wei raised his head, looking at the remnants of the heavenly bull, surrounded by the black 'cloud formations' rising like pillars.

Before she finally left, Elli shaped the wind of the underworld into the shape of a cage, imprisoning the Bull of Heaven that caused Luo Wei's death.

Make the molding speed slower.

In the end, she 'helped' him

Or maybe the goddess was just taking revenge on the beast for hurting Luo Wei, but also making it clear that she would always stand by his side, no matter what he had to face—even if it meant going against the gods, she would not hesitate.

Luo Wei didn't know whether to be happy or helpless.

But then again...

'I was in the underworld just now, right?"

Half in the underworld, half in this world.

But time flows at different speeds in the underworld and in this world.

Inside, only moments have passed.

And in this world——

"Has it been a whole seven days already!?"

Luo Wei raised his head and looked up at the sky.

Watching the sun rise and the moon disappear.

He came to such a conclusion instantly.

19