Chapter 1 – The Call to Adventure
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's a cold winter night in the city of Ouismore. Me and the boys just left the Qwestshiire pub; the biggest bar in all of Quismore. Now we're heading home but something caught our eye. We were staring at a enlistment poster. On the poster: The King was holding the national flag of Sniania, planes were flying above him, but most importantly... The King was pointing at us. Jacob Smith, one of my closest friends, supposed, "We should all join the army! Imagine the adventure!" Jacob pulled the poster off and shoved it in our faces. Jacob continued, "This even says we'll be seen as heroes!" Logan Bryant announced, "Imagine how many people will admire us!" I chimed in, "And most of all, think of the fun!" So we left and went home.

The next day, we all walked to the Recruitment Center. Once we arrived, we stepped inside and looked around. My best friend, Nicholas West, claimed, "This place looks amazing. Let's get in line!" We went into the line and I felt thrilled. One by one, people got out of line until I was up there. The recruiter asked me, "Name?" And I answered, "James Willington Harrison." The recruiter started typing and looked back at me and said, "The ship will arrive tomorrow." I nodded and stepped out of line. All of my friends eventually stepped out and we left.

I look at my phone while the boys are chatting. Eric Tech blurts out, "Ain't that right, James!" I look up, confused. I say, "What?" Jacob tells me, "You have a degree in marine biology. A shark can beat a killer whale, right? I shake my head and tell them, "Orca's have killed several sharks." They gasp and Joseph Tenant yells out, "I'm going home! Cya all tomorrow." We all wave and we all head home. I'll use the money I get from the army to buy a actual house. But for now, I'll wait.

0