Chapter Four
66 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He shouldn't have fallen in love, that was Shin Jun's thought as he stared at the couple in front of him. 

As Shin Jun grew up and was given the option of debuting to the world, he declined.

He hadn't been able to go to a normal school until he was sixteen. He'd been home-schooled with his siblings under the guise that he might get sick if he went to school. Later, he wanted to get to know his family more so the more time spent at home meant he could spend more time with his grandparents, uncles, and cousins.

Gradually, his siblings went back to school with his cousins and it was just him and the elderly couple and uncles, but he would finish his work far too soon. He, a person with photographic memory, had far too much time on his hands when he was done studying.

His grandfather would teach him calligraphy and painting.

His first uncle would teach him to invest.

His second uncle would teach him how to fight.

His grandmother would teach him piano and the dizi flute.

Later on, his eldest brother and first cousin would teach him how to code and he would gradually become a hacker.

His second eldest brother would join him in learning how to fight, and they would gradually get a master to teach them martial arts seriously.

His third eldest brother and second cousin would join in investing lessons. 

Shin Jun became a jack of all trades, a hidden powerhouse in the Shin family who had no intentions of starting his own business or inheriting anything. 

He made enough money from investing that he could support himself in whatever he wanted to do without needing the allowance from his family. However, they still sent it because he was a baby in their eyes.

During those years, he became engrossed in films and novels. He learned how to write novels, and eventually posted them online. 

A few years later, his novels would gain popularity and he would sign over his copyright to his second brother's company, create his own scripts, and allow them to be turned into dramas and movies.

It was during this time that he began to go to a normal school and get out in the world. 

Although he went to the same school his siblings went to, they'd already graduated and no one knew of his connections with the Shin triplets. He kept a low profile. 

He intentionally scored a few marks below the top scorer, as to not stand out too much. He preferred it this way because he wanted a normal life with no one approaching him due to his connections.

He didn't want to know people like his mother. It was disgusting.

He wore a black mask all the time. Both for privacy and sickness reasons.

He didn't participate in competitions, events, or school trips.

No one knew he was from the Shin family, they only thought he shared a similar last name.

However, by the time he was eighteen, he found himself being pursued by another handsome second-generation man and gradually began to fall for him, coming to the realization that he too was gay.

For the first time he had felt the sparks fly, the butterflies flutter, all the cliches talked about in novels and movies. His face was often red below his mask from blushing and he even found himself playing with his hair.

He threw away his disdain for love all because of one man.

Lao Yun. A second-generation rich kid whose family had business dealings with their own. He'd known about him before he'd been approached. Unlike him, Lao Yun was extremely popular, of course, because he was rich but he also had the best grades and was handsome. He seemed kind to everyone but kept his distance at the same time until it came to Shin Jun.

At first, his family was extremely skeptical. Was this boy just approaching Shin Jun for his money and background and if so, how did he find him? They allowed Shin Jun to date Lao Yun but they told him never to bring up money.

If he cared about their money - he wasn't the right man for their youngest.

They had been dating for a year and a half and lived together for half of that.

He flickered his eyes and gazed at two men in their shared living room, a bitter feeling in his heart. He was planning to tell his boyfriend his identity this weekend but…

Lao Yun was standing there arrogant, his black hair pulled up by a gel to frame his face beautifully, also showing his expression all too vividly. Like he was a joke. 

The other boy was slightly shorter than himself with mid-length dark black hair, light honey eyes, and pale skin. He stood shyly behind Lao Yun, just barely peaking his face around to see who was there.

Shin Jun laughed coldly at the scene and smirked while holding his hand out to the seemingly shy boy, "Shin Jun, the fourth son of the Shin family at your service. Ah, Lao Yun? We'll be canceling our collaboration with your family, perhaps you can inform your father for us?"

The adulterous couple stood in shock. The boy, well, he knew that he was Lao Yun's white moonlight and although he was a bit skeptical when he went to school abroad and heard about Shin Jun, he knew he'd won Lao Yun's heart. He knew the other boy had nothing to compare to himself and hurried back as soon as he could.

If this man was really from the Shin family, didn't he hold nothing above him?

Lao Yun on the other hand paused for a moment before laughing. Who didn't know that the fourth child of the Shin family was either hidden or dead - in any case, it definitely wouldn't be this kid. He was just playing himself up because he was heartbroken: "Hah, you think I'll believe you?"

Shin Jun just shook his head, containing his bubbling emotions, and shattered with an emotionless facade. He turned his back on the adulterous couple and boldly collected his belongings from the apartment, leaving only the clothes that he didn't care for anymore and the fruit on the floor before leaving his key on the counter.

It was his apartment, but he would either kick them out or collect rent from them later on, either way, he wouldn't be staying in the place where he and Lao Yun slept together. He felt disgusted even being inside the building.

He called his eldest brother as he entered the elevator: "Brother, cancel the collaboration with the Lao family. Also, I'll be going away for a while - cover my tracks."

4