Chapter Eight
41 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two crew members walked the rest of the way to the mansion, taking scenic shots of the views without showing the location of the house. They didn’t want to accidentally dox a participant so it was likely some of the shots would be scrapped if there were any markers.
No one else approached them, but they continued to keep the thought in their mind that they needed to contact the producers later on and show the footage of the elderly locals speaking. They could decide what to do with it.
Neither of the crew members expected to see a desolate, beautiful mansion as the address given to them by the program.
“How much dirty money do you think was used…”
“Shut up, do you want him to hear us?”
“Us regular civilians can’t afford this in their lives, but this gay criminal can? The world is unfair.”
He didn’t think of the fact that Shin Jun may not be a criminal, it was solidified in his mind as he spoke and he didn’t even register that the camera was also picking up audio even without the sound stick connected. It was significantly quieter, but later on, the editors would report that the program hired two idiots who also happened to be homophobic to work on a gay reality show.
Shin Jun, of course, was oblivious to the rumors being spread by the locals and the newly formed misconceptions that the crewmen had of him. If he did know, he would have answered that he needed space to heal from an unlucky love event and to write his novels.
He sat on the couch leisurely, waiting for the program to get him as he chatted with his eldest brother, Shin Yeong.
“Those idiots! Even if they wanted to find you love, should they send you off on a reality show? Who’s idea was it?”
Shin Jun chuckled, he imagined his older brother sitting in his office on the highest floor of the Shin Group building with his phone propped up on his desk and a pile of paperwork in front of him.
He wasn’t too far off, though, Shin Yeong wasn’t sitting. He was pacing around the office as he ranted with a calm demeanor that didn’t fit his voice: “They’re idiots! How are we triplets, huh? Where did they get their brain cells? Did I steal them?”
Shin Jun had thought the same thing earlier but didn’t comment as he spoke in a soothing voice: “Elder brother, calm down. It’s okay. I’ll just go to make a few friends and maybe I’ll find some inspiration for my next novel, it’s supposed to be a modern story anyways.”
“Haah… I’ll deal with those three later, including your cousin. What’s your plan?”
Shin Jun cheekily smiled: “I won’t involve the Shin Group or family, I’ll say some half-truths and pretend to be only a successful author… I have built this persona already, so people from my old school will surely back it up if reporters question it.”
Shin Yeong sat at his desk and shook his head: “I don’t care if you involve the family. I would prefer you did, this could be your reveal to the world and we could openly protect you. I get where you’re coming from though.”
“Have I ever needed protection?”
“Hah, you brat! Come home right now!”
Shin Jun animated his actions as he spoke, not that Shin Yeong could see him: “I’m about to go on a reality show, fall in love, and fly the coupe… Don’t worry brother, I’ll come see you once a year.”
“Shin Jun!”
“I’m kidding, only kidding. I won’t fall in love in this life.”
“Shin Jun…”
Shin Jun crumbled with laughter, it was so fun and easy to mess with his eldest brother. He was about to wind him up again when he heard a doorbell ring through the mansion: “Ah, they’re here. Bye brother, love you. Drive home safe and don’t put anyone in the hospital!”
Shin Jun was wearing a comfortable, yet stylish outfit for the first day. A slightly oversized, street-wear-like black sweater with a light blue phoenix on the back. One side of the sweater was hooked under the jeans' waist, ornamented by a stylish black belt with silver embroidery that brought the look together.
His natural, long platinum blond hair was bound with a black ribbon with two braids hanging loose at the front. He would fit right into a historical, wuxia drama if he wore a different outfit.
His hair bounced off his lower back as he leaped to open the door with a smile playing on his face: “Hello, I’m Shin Jun.”
The two cameramen were stunned for a moment. They had imagined a rough, ugly gangster and had met a stunning young man with deceiving long hair that almost made them think he was a woman.
Long blond hair.
Baggy black clothes.
A jade-carved face.
An immortal-looking gay gangster.
They pulled themselves out of their thoughts and silently motioned Shin Jun to grab the suitcase displayed next to the door as they slyly moved the camera to take a quick shot of the home.
After they got their shot, they filmed Shin Jun locking the door, walking to the car, and getting in the back before they shut down the equipment and started the all-to-silent, awkward drive to the house the program rented.

4