Chapter Fifteen
25 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The eight men slowly trickled into the dining room and sat around the dining table. It was noticeable how in just a half hour, the men had become considerably less awkward with one another. A tinge of awkwardness still filled the air, but Shin Jun only saw it as reasonable - who wouldn’t feel awkward around people they don’t know?

Shin Jun was only surprised to find that there didn’t seem to be any personalities that clashed with one another.

His personality was the type that could get along with anyone, if someone were to ask his MBTI result it would be a strong ENFJ.

He could adapt to any situation, easily take leadership, read others' emotions, and feel empathetic but if he were to tell anyone a difference that came with the stereotypical rating of ENFJs - he wasn’t particularly dominant nor aggressive in a relationship or with friends.

That was something that he learned about himself in his relationship with Lao Yun.

It didn’t mean he’d let himself be taken advantage of, though.

Actually, the only reason he knew about MBTI was due to his reader's curiosity. He didn’t tell his readers much, if anything, about himself aside from his personality type when asked and the fact that he was in his twenties.

Shin Jun sat beside Chul at one end of the table, followed by Ji and Tae. Across from him was In-Su, followed by Young-Sun, Haneul, and Ryung, who held an envelope that he’d found at the door after the bell rang between his fingers.

Tae sat with one leg propped up, his other crossed on the chair and he joked. “Are you going to open it today?”

Ryung sighed and tapped the envelope on the table with a defeated expression. “Everyone’s staring at me, I feel quite shy.”

Shin Jun glanced at his first ‘date’ partner with one of his eyebrows lifted slightly. He seemed so confident in their first meeting, was he wrong about him? Maybe he should have compared himself to his second cousin instead of eldest brother…

Growing shy in front of a crowd is quite normal, and he had mentioned being an outcast at school. Perhaps… Should he help his first friend in the house read the card?

“Bullshit,” In-Su, Ryung’s roommate in the double room interrupted his thoughts and Ryung gave a cheeky grin in response.

Ryung pulled a letter out of the envelope, followed by a bank card, and glanced down at the message. “Fine, fine. I was only creating a little suspense… Hmm. It says that we can’t reveal any information about ourselves yet, but seeing that it’s our first night we can order takeout and go grocery shopping with one of the cars provided by the program tomorrow.”

The men ordered takeout after a discussion and decided to set up the phones issued by the program for a few minutes as a break from interacting with people all day.

This was also the moment Shin Jun realized he’d been pranked by his cousin, the person behind this program.

It began with a simple remark from him. “Ah, why are you adding contacts?”

Chul, the receiver of the question looked toward the long-haired boy with a puzzled expression. “What do you mean?”

“We aren’t supposed to contact anyone else for three weeks, right?”

Ryung glanced toward him from the other side of the table. “Eh? You thought that’s why we had to leave our phones behind?”

Seven men stared at him in various states of confusion and concern, causing him to realize that perhaps he’d been wrong as he questioned. “Isn’t it?”

Ryung shook his head and explained. “That rule’s only so we don’t secretly contact other members or give out our information until the end of the show.”

“Oh…”

“Right, besides since we’re still working we need to have some sort of communication method with our bosses and coworkers.”

Shin Jun came late so while the other members had all spoken to the producers, he was a tad naive when it came to this show. He had assumed that he needed to live with the members without contacting the outside world for three weeks but that wasn’t the case.

Young-Sun gave more details as they waited for food while the other members continued setting up their phones or scrolling on social media. Apparently, this entire situation was due to another dating show run by the same company that plunged into controversy last year.

Apparently, a female star on the show had secretly given her phone number to one of the male stars and they had been gossiping and flirting throughout the night, even having secret meetings off camera.

It’s a dating show, so it shouldn’t have been a problem for two participants to get so close… If he hadn’t been committed to another female star on the show already.

Hence, all the guests, viewers, and producers could see was the beautiful interactions between the male star and the second female star as they became closer and they had even committed to picking one another at the end of the show in the second to last episode.

Compilations of their story were made and everyone was happy to see an endgame couple that matched so well together. They had great interactions, their humor matched, and they even shared the same profession!

Everyone was blindsided when he chose the first female star who had virtually no interactions with him in the house other than when the guests ate together.

Anyways, it was a mess. Shin Jun hardly watched reality TV and scarcely followed news of shows so he had no idea.

During this conversation, Shin Jun also learned that not only were they allowed to contact their family and friends, but they were also allowed to go out and work!

He swore up and down that he’d beat his cousin and the two younger of the triplets when he finished filming.

2