It’s just a theory
91 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

i suppose i'll have dobby take care of the assets part, church visit…done, homework….just binge-work through it soon….or-

“well, anyway we’ll need to tell dumbledore about it, mainly so that he doesn’t know from somewhere else and move my name from the ‘dark lord – reserve ‘ list to ’confirmed next dark lord, try to infect with love virus’ list…..if he hasn’t already……plus, we’ll probably need his help to figure out if my theory works, and for the experiments, I’ll send an owl-…or EXPECTO- actually never mind, I’ll just send an owl….and before he has time to help us, there is something important for you to do”

“what?”

“my homework”

“……what?”

“my homework!, you graduated from ravenclaw, I’m sure you can figure it out…..you don’t want me to waste time on homework instead of trying to cure you, do you?”

“no!, I’ll do it!, where is it?”

“I’ll get it for ya, finish as soon as possible, just enough to pass, no need for exemplary work or anything, I’ll go send an owl….and I have something I wanna ask ya later, private thing…..would be great if ya didn’t tell dumbledore….although he’ll probably find out anyway…..you must be familiar with the seedy underground places right?”

“y-yes, I know a few places….what do you need?”

“I need a fight….but it’ll have to wait”

“o-oh!, okay!”

I came back after sending the owl and found quirrel going at my homework already, what a hardworker.

“I’m back!”

“oh good!, should I just write down the answers, so you can copy it in your own handwriting later?”

“let’s see…..hmm….it’s actually a lot easier than I thought…..never mind, I’ll get this done myself if I pull an all-nighter, you go and set all your affairs in order, you’ll have no time once we start….you’re supposedly dead right?”

“yes,….it’ll be announced soon….i have no affairs to take care of, I have all my assets here in this pouch, mr scamander got it for me”

“newt Scamander…..the man with the suitcase of terror……well then, you just eat something and take a good rest, it’ll take some time for dumbly to respond”

“I can actually do someth-“

“relax!, just have some rest, you’ll need it”

“o-ok”

I tore into the homework with full concentration until- “hm?”

[SFX: knock!]

“dumbly?”

“I’m here”

“….yes you are…..thought you’d be busy”

“oh it’s fine!, Minerva can handle it”
“……you dumped your work huh?, well come in and have a seat, quirrel’s in the next room, you can go talk if you want, I’ll just finish the rest of this homework, it’s nearly done….what time is it?”

“nearly time for dinner”

“…..i …..missed lunch?....i ….missed a meal?.....for homework?!”

“……you’re doing homework on your first day off?....you never cease to surprise me”

“thought I’d finish it today so it doesn’t bother me afterwards….had many plans ….well, I guess I’ll finish it off and then have dinner, grab some for me will ya?, a little more than what I usually eat, and some for quirrell too”

“…..sure”

I finished the homework, and then finished dinner, ate extra to make up for lunch and all three of us gathered in my room afterwards.

“.....so lex, you may have a way to recover quirinus’ magic?”

“no!, I have a theory”

“well, your theories have had good results so far, and quirinus will volunteer to be the first experiment even if I dissuade him, so ….. explain”

“mmm, but before that I’d like to hear your understanding of magic, why wizards possess it and squibs and muggles don’t, ……..and about obscurus too, it’s important”.

“…..very well,…..my understanding of magic…..it is the power of  miracle….of emotions…..of love-“

“CUT !, no! not that kind, I mean like a physical explanation of ‘magic power’”

“…sigh!, …… it is a power that exists in every wizard, it…..was present everywhere I assume, …..you rarely see places with concentrated mana nowadays, like Hogwarts or other schools, they’re all built in place of concentrated mana, not much of it is present in the air in other places now, wizards have the ability to access the magic power within themselves to accomplish miraculous feats,…..obscurials are the result of lack of control over magic power, coupled with deep trauma, and fear and repressal of a wizard’s magical powers….., and squibs …..are incapable of forming and accessing mana…..from what I’ve seen, In rare cases of intense emotional outburst, some squibs are capable of using a little magical power, but they tire out immediately and are incapable of repeating the same later….that’s what I understand…… I decided not to delve too deep into these after ……sometime.

“……right!,….not as scienti- umm magiscientific as I thought….i’ma just tell you my theory for now, see if it checks out okay?, quirell, you taught muggle studies right, ever study their science?”

“as you wish”

“n-no, I’m aware that it’s what they study to understand the world, but I focused more on their social structure”

“….worth a shot, very well, listen to my theory then”

“yes!!”

“…kay, …ahem, ahem!.....kay then, first you need to know what is 'ki' or 'qi' as some call it, it is the basic lifeforce energy that exists in all living beings…..or possibly even dead ones?….a bit contradictory….meh whatever….., and present throughout the planet, like lakes, forests, everything has ki in some form, now while present everywhere, it is usually in an inert or inactive state, used just to sustain body and spirit as normal people do, so that’s the case in muggles…..and theoretically by practising martial arts and all, a person can access and concentrate ki on the center of his body, and draw it out for use to perform superhuman actions….which I assumed would be taught in martial art schools, which I believed to exist , hence my introduction at my first meeting with you dumbly…..such people, if the exist can be called ki-practitioners….”

“do they?” quirrell asked.

“I’ve never sensed any ki until now, and dumbly told me my ki was magic power…..which may not have been fully correct if my theory holds water, but for now, we shall assume no such people exist or if they do, are nowhere near here…..moving on, as I said, qi is inert in muggles and probably incapable of being activated….even if they had some training methods……maybe give a physical boost but that’s it, not as superhuman as I would like, I am special probably coz of the gift………”

“lex?”

“yeah!, where were we?, yup so that’s the case with muggles,….now as per my theory, wizards are different from muggles such that their ki is not inert , rather it is active from birth, not sure why….but that’s how I think it is,…..now, said baby wizard’s ki concentrates automatically and mutates its nature and forms what I call a ‘mana heart’, probable cause of mutation is as dumbldore said, affected by magic power present everywhere plus what they inherit by blood, and as such from then they are incapable of using ki and instead use magic power or ‘mana’, they use it instinctively until their so called ‘magic riot’ which happens when their mana heart is ‘full’, which makes the mana flow through their whole body and forms what I call a ‘mana circuit’ and the amount  of mana circuits increase with the growth of a wizard, intellectually and physically and will determine how powerful they are…..with me so far?”

“….yes, an interesting theory indeed…..please continue”

5