When you’re onto something groundbreaking….but your headmaster is better
93 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My training in the ROR continued and I can feel the improvements, silent and wandless casting and both my  haki skills have shown huge improvement, I can go toe to toe with the deans now, but I probably can’t win, I have become more proficient in using mana blasts and have started incorporating it along with TSS into my duelling style, once I’m done with that, I can fight senior wizards individually and in groups, cuz my speed gets multiplied when I use TSS with the after-image technique like lightning chakra mode and using mana blasts with my feet helps with sudden impact moves and directional changes.

 As many faults as dumbly mentioned about my duelling style, all the problems were about being able to hit my opponent, cuz once I did hit them or get close enough, they won’t get back up to fight again….wizards bodies are fragile, really fragile as I found out when marcus flint’s shoulder bone broke from just a little love tap and he started screaming his head off at the quidditch pitch. I’d just tapped him on the shoulder to let him know of my presence cuz if he really had said ‘mudblood’ I would have broken more than a bone….but his shoulder broke anyway, malfoy had already shut up when he saw me coming and seemed to have gotten paler when he and the rest of the slytherin team took flint to the hospital. Luckily proff kittycat let me off after docking a few points. At snape’s proposal, I was also banned from quidditch this year…..now I can’t help wondering if I was just getting baited.

 

Sometime in november, halloween has passed without any major events…….so this is what a normal year at hogwarts feels like….interesting…..but also a little boring, i now have some clues on imbuing spells on my fists….though they don’t seem to be of much actual use in duel, cuz if I imbue stunners….well they can be just stunned by just normal fists….i gotta try the other spells, currently I’m wondering if imbuing the impediment jinx on my clenched fists would help, if it can get the opponent  to be in slow motion or freeze them, I may be able to do a combo like the beat-em up arcade games, cant imbue all charms on fists, you can only shoot them wandless, when I do wandless magic, I usually point two fingers at the target …. and I ‘ve found that instead of dodging all the spells, if I coat my palms with repelling or shield charm, I can rebound them back, not all spells, but a lot of spells can be bounced back……all three can be used to form my own rock paper scissors magic-style…. apparently, grandpa gohan’s moves can still be used like this ……you learn something new everyday…..wise words indeed.

After christmas,  the basics of my style has become solid, now all that’s left is getting experience, although duels with dumbly are still ongoing, his style heavily involves transfiguration, and I’m still struggling against it so I’m back to pestering the other professors. Flitwick was a sport and agreed once he saw my improvement, lupin agreed to a few sessions but no regular ones, because he had enough trouble with his regular teaching, snape tried to disagree but I managed to goad him into giving me a few sessions …….and after all that I am completely at their level, I can beat them in a few duels, and I lose in some, but the winning rate has been increasing along with my mana control level…..but I’m still nowhwere near a win in duels with dumbly, I hate transfiguration!.

And so I decided to focus more on transfiguration, I found all textbooks from senior years and read them along with some books I got in the ROR and some old notes of dumbly. I kept at it for nearly three months, skipped some lessons on history of magic, the ghost professor agreed after I repeated the whole textbook to him, and finally near the end of march-

“ very well mr dreyar , let’s see what you claim to be the nemesis of transfiguration”

“sure proff, keep your eyes peeled”

I took a deep breath and concentrated. I formed some ki between my palms, melded it with mana but not enough as as much I usually did to do mana blasts, instead I split off the ki into smaller parts and kept moving it unevenly within the mana coat covering  my body.

“all right!, I’m done”

“very well, let’s see” proff kitty cat transfigured a desk into a bunch of birds and made them swoop at me but-

“huh?”

“ufufufu, yes!, I did it!, finally!”

The birds retreated automatically when it got too close to my mana coating and turned back into the desk when I put my hand on it.

“…what was that? what did you do?”

“ufufu, wahahaha!”

“mr dreyar?”

“ahem!,  yes proff, can’t you let me have a moment?.... It’s simple, although with enough magic power and skill, a wizard can do a permanent or semi permanent transfiguration, they cannot spare enough time to concentrate to do so in a duel, neither can they spare enough magic power to make the transfigurations permanent as they would tire out easily while duelling …..so I made a field around my body that affects the stability of the transfiguration”

“….how did you manage that?”

“ it’s the same principle that’s used in the spell that forces an animagus back into their original form, but I used it and added some extra stuff (ki) to make it into a field that destabilises all transfigurations within it’s range, although I can only use it for short periods of time, it will buy me enough time and a clear path to my opponent, any transfiguration will be dispelled completely or destabilised when I pass through or nearby, and you know my speed, all I need is a little time”

“…interesting, but it cannot affect transfiguration spells of very high level, or those which uses a lot of magic power”

“mm true, but I’ll get better over time with a lot of practice”

“indeed, however you would need tremendous mana control to achieve something like this, few wizards can have that level of control, and I don’t think I can do it…. even so….what is this ‘extra stuff’ that you added in?”

“mmm….that’s still a secret for now, you’ll have to talk to professor dumbledore about it”

“I see,….well it would seem that I’m no longer your match either, you have won over the other deans already I’ve heard, but still, let me see a bit more of this new technique of yours”

“of course proff!, happy to oblige”

I managed to eke out a win,  she kept trying out all sorts of transfigurations against  what I call my ‘reverse smash mode’, luckily I held out cuz of more mana, like I thought it’s far from perfect cuz sometimes it fails to destabilize the transfigured objects, notably if many of them attack in quick succession, but now I’ve got the skill, just practice hard  and even dumbly will soon be defeated ……was what I thought before showing off my new mode to dumbly.

“ fascinating, like I thought , ki can form several new things when combined with magic”

……I  must be seeing things……how could he possibly copy it after I showed it off just once…….and since when did he have ki ?

5