1-Death
81 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1-Death

"Tell me," said the beautiful girl with blonde hair and blue eyes, "do you regret the life you've lived?"

The girl stood before us in a black leather outfit designed not to restrict her movements. An expression of rage had formed on her face, and she pointed a gun towards a dark corner.

"Regret?" replied the voice from the corner, "Why should I have any regrets? I did the job I loved, earned more money than I could spend. In short, I had everything I ever wanted in life."

The owner of the voice was an old man. With each word, he took deep breaths as if he were giving his last.

BANG!

The sound of the gun echoed in the dark room, momentarily illuminating it and revealing the old man's facial features.

The man's face was covered with bloodstains and wrinkles. His black hair fell over his shoulders, adorned with blood. Above his right eye was a newly formed large scar. He appeared to be around 45-50 years old.

But what was truly surprising was the smile on the man's face. Despite his body being covered in wounds and his current helpless state, he was smiling mockingly.

"Why don't you kill me?" the man asked, looking at the girl opposite him.

The bullet the girl had just fired had grazed past the man's head and hit the wall behind him.

"There are questions you need to answer!" the girl roared angrily.

The man's laughter echoed in the room, filled with the girl's rage, and soon turned into bloody coughs.

The man lifted his head and looked at the girl with the same smile, "Be quick and ask your question, I'm afraid I don't have much time left," he said.

After a few seconds of silence, the girl asked, "Why?"

The old man replied, "Why what? If you mean why I kill people, it's my job," and he began to cough again.

"Don't mock me! You've killed many innocent civilians who weren't your targets! And you didn't do it just once! I've been following your organization for a long time, and I know they would never kill innocents," the girl said, pausing.

After about five seconds of silence, she whispered, "Lara Darkwood."

"You killed her, she was just hiding in a supermarket, and you killed her for no reason."

"Oh, I see... This is a matter of revenge," the man whispered.

Then he added, "I don't remember that woman, but she was in the wrong place at the wrong time."

The girl looked at the old man with disappointment. *Was that his only reason?* she thought to herself.

The old man's raspy voice interrupted her thoughts.

"I've answered your question... Now be quick and kill me. Hell is waiting," he said.

"You're a psychopath..."

BANG!

With that gunshot, the world's best assassin died at the hands of a girl younger than himself.

In fact, no one would miss him; in most people's eyes, he was a psychopathic killer. He didn't distinguish between innocent or guilty in his work, he killed merely for pleasure.

But there was a big problem. This man, even a killer, had been given a second chance. Perhaps it was because in his new life, Arthur would reform himself. It was a big possibility. But it was just a possibility.

---

On a mountain covered with a blanket of white snow, there was a river almost entirely encased in ice. The reason the river wasn't completely frozen was due to the overflowing amount and speed of its flow.

Next to the river, there was an animal the size of a car, resembling a polar bear. The animal was smiling broadly as it looked at its reflection in the water.

After a few seconds of looking at its reflection, the animal spoke surprisingly:

"THE GODS MUST BE CRAZY!"

7