Request 2
83 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zef's pov

Zef gritted his teeth as he waited for the devil's answer, as either way ,this story didn't have a good ending. If the devil didn't like what he had to offer he wouldn't cure his son and he would die...or he would have to pay a heavy price in order for his son to do so.

The silence was defending as only his and Ariane's breath could be heard,  but a minute later smoke billowed around the devil's hand and he once again spoke , his voice as horace as before. " Zef , I've got a cure for your child,  this medicine I have in hand can help him recover."

Zef's eyes widened in surprise at that statement and his heart beat loudly from the turmoil of emotions he was experiencing at the moment "That....thank you for accepting my request." honestly said Zef as not every devil was keen to grant a human any request. He thought quickly wiped the gratitude from his face as he asked the devil what he was owed.

"Oh, straight to payment,  I like that! " sarcastically said Jason as a kind of a joke , but it made Zef's heart skip a beat. He was worried that he didn't have what it took for this creature to be satisfied.

"You're excellency, I, Zef am a former knight, now but an ordinary man. I don't have much riches,  but my word is my honor,  and I am bound by it." spoke Zef as he took out his sword from its scabbard and then cut his left palm. Blood drenched the blade,  but Zef didn't seem to care as he stared straight towards the devil, hoping to have convinced him somehwat,  but he did so much more. Jason was taken aback by such a thing and almost blurted out something he shouldn't,  but he contained himself.

"Haha....bravo mister knight,  you really live up to your title. You may receive your medicine,  but I require something from you. "

"Anything!"  said Zef with conviction,  but his heart was trembling. He knew this may be his last day on this land. A deal with the devil wasn't something so easy, and he knew it. The smoke figure seemed to expand a little as a smile manifested on it's previously stoick face sending shivers down Zef's and Ariane's spine.

"In exchange for this medicine I ask of you two things,  knowledge,  and that sword you are holding. I want to  know how is it that you've summoned me in this place....how the two of you gained the knowledge...and of course the sword.

Do we have a deal?" said Jason as he extended his hand as if to initiate a handshake,  but because of the circle blocking him he couldn't approach Zef. Zef clearly heard the words of the devil in front of him and couldn't help but be surprised.  The things it had asked in exchange hadn't been anything he had expected. He had thought that the devil would make him live in servitude or maybe take his soul or something,  but what he asked was completely reasonable, maybe to reasonable. Zef though was a smart man and knew not to stir the shit least it reeked,  so he immediately jumped at the offer.

"I gracefully accept." As soon as those words passed Zef's lips the crimson pentagram shone with intensity and several hushed whispers passed through the cave penetrating Zef's soul, and the sword he had disappeared and was replaced with what seemed like a rectangular box filled with characters.  His eyes opened wide as he knew that it was the same box that was in the devil's hand,  and as if to confirm his suspicion a sword , his sword was in the devil's grip. It seemed to be delighted as it saw the sword,  but Zef didn't care about it anymore as two beads of tears dropped to the ground.

.............

Jason's pov

'Man this is awesome!' delighted Jason's as he swung the just acquired sword around like a child.  He was so delighted by this that he almost forgot to explain to Zef how to exactly use the antibiotics. He wasn't a doctor but he deducted that as the one to ingest them was a child the dose should be at least half of what he took and then about when to use them. During the explanation Zef listened attentively at every word Jason said,  but in the back of his mind he still thought why this devil didn't use his magical powers to heal his boy. He of course didn't voice his thoughts and also explained to Jason how they managed to call him to this place and Jason's was a little taken aback.

'A book on how to summon a devil to do your bidding? The fuck....I'm not a devil am I?' Jason wrecked his brains to try to remember something abnormal about him, but he couldn't think of anything. He was as normal as any other person he had encountered. Jason thought didn't have any time to dwell of such thoughts as the woman once again made her wish known to him.

"Please,devil, grant me uncountable riches. I'll give you anything,  anything!" she begged and begged for him to grant her her wish, only agitating Jason more and more.

"Enough!" yelled Jason,  but he didn't expect what would happen.  An aura of suppresion spread like a wave and scared Ariane shitless.

"Ahhh...ahhh...I'm sorry,  I'm sorry if I've angered you."

Jason saw the sorry state of his other summoner and could only sigh in disappointment. He knew people like her even in his world,  trying to attain the top at any way possible, even if it cost them their dignity or soul. Money was one hell of a drug after all.

' Heh, could it be that money was invented by a devil, because it would definitely make sense.' thought Jason as he saw Ariane's figure. He knew from Zef that she had the book that entailed how to summon him, so he of course wanted to take it from circulation, that's why he made her an offer. A small jewelry box appeared in his hand without notice and he opened it to reveal several rings,  bracelets and necklaces that belonged to his ex girlfriend.  It was a bitter reminder of her walking out on him, but he had kept it just because. Of course it also helped that they were just fake and cheap jewelry,  so it wouldn't cost that much, but Ariane didn't know that. Her eyes were immediately filled with greed as she saw the shiny jewelry in Jason's hand.

Jason narrowed his eyes at this, but he couldn't really blame her. If they were real he would also be tempted,  but she didn't know that,  so in a true devilish way he advertised them as real.

" Woman, your everything isn't worth as much as you wish. It is only enough for these...." said Jason as he closed the box once again,  depriving Ariane from their shiny looks. Of course Ariane's eyes shinned at such an offer and sinister thoughts passed through her mind. She lowered her head and praised Jason even more.


"Thank you your excellency,  I'm grateful for your decision. But may I ask what you want in exchange....my life , my soul...

"Hah...what use do I have for it? I don't want your soul!" said Jason with disdain at such a claim." I only require the book you have summoned me with and for you to not attempt to do it anymore-to summonme that is."

"This...." Ariane hesitated at this, but an angry look from Zef immediately made her change her mind. She reluctantly agreed ro it , and the second exchange was completed.

4