Second Summoning 1
108 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was s quiet night for the city of Toro, a rare sight in these troubled times. Glanacia Kingdom had lately been attacked by the northern nomadic tribes hard and without a notice,  so they were caught with their pants down.

 The  noble families of the Glanacia Kingdom were of course shocked by such a thing, but unfortunately, the infighting between the nobles of the kingdom made it hard for a proper response. The southern nobles refused to send their forces to aid the northern ones with the reason that the later should and could defend themselves from the barbarians of the north. It was a shit show with profanities and insults of the lowest order thrown when a meeting between the nobles was called by the crown, which  almost escalated into an armed conflict, but fortunately the second crown prince courageously offered for him to lead the defense. 

Seeing this the nobles calmed down and agreed to work together. Trade routes were cleared, aid was sent,  and even soldiers were given to the northern nobles by the southern ones , but not for free of course. It finally seemed that the southern nobles had sympathized with their northern counterparts, but it was a two edged knife.  The northern nobles had gotten their aid, but the southern ones had also managed to move a good chunk of their military force to the north. Spies were common during peace times , but now their numbers had risen more than ten times. That thought was only the tip of the iceberg as assassins also thrived in this turmoil, and they loved nobles prey.

..........

In the inner chamber of the castle the city of Toro was built around,  a young  man in his thirties was sitting in a well decorated chair.  He was tall , with curly ,short , black hair, blue eyes and clean shaven face. He was well built with muscles showing through his silk nightgown, but not even it's softness comforted him as he looked intently at a map under the candlelight.

"This is not good...." said the man as his eyebrows raised high and he looked towards a certain part of the map that had some wooden horses atop it. He followed the line of horses and he drew a semicircle-in the inside of it a city named Toro was seen.

'Dammit....

Those dammed savages have us surrounded. The only way to survive now is to retreat and regroup our forces further south, but how.....' thought the man as he gritted his teeth.  He moved his attention towards the map once again and saw the wooden horses , they seemed to move,  closer and close...and closer...

"Dammit!"

*Bam*

A heavy thud was heard an the man slammed his palm against the map with all his might, making the wooden horses fly everywhere. As soon as this happened, hurried footsteps were heard outside the chamber and someone swiftly entered inside.

"Your majesty Siros , are you alright?"

"I'm fine..." said the man as he collected himself and looked towards his most trusted man. His face had aged greatly since he had embarked in this campaign, but his aid had almost become an old man. His hair had thinned, his beard nowhere to be seen ,his eyes bloodshot,  but with all of that, his armour was on point. Seeing thi,s his face softened and he smiled.

"Pierre,  my most trusted. Come, let's have a drink!"

"Your majesty....

"Come, don't keep me waiting!" said Siros as he sat down at another table and filled two cups with what looked like wine. Pierre seeing this didn't hesitate anyone and just sat down. 

"So, tell me, how is the situation? Not good I presume...gulp...ahhh...

"That, your majesty....

"I know, I know, I shouldn't drink as it impedes judgment,  but without it, I may become to hasty. The wine calms my nerves.....

Pierre, the line between success and failure is clearly thin, but I didn't expect it to be so....hahhh..." Siros took another big gulp of his wine and then stopped " Tell me, tell me everything!"

Pierre looked deep into the eyes of his liege and saw defeat. He seemed tired, cations,  afraid, and  doubtful ,something the Siros of a year before never knew, but how times changed a man. "Your majesty, as you  clearly know the northern barbarians have almost completely surrounded us. Their number and ferocity has greatly exceeded our expectations, and that was completely our mistake. We should have retreated much earlier,  but in our ignorance we stayed.

In less than three days I expect them to completely surround the city and take it for themselves. It is but a loosing battle your majesty.....you should know that."

*Bam*

Wine was spilled, staining the wooden table with a crimson hue which in the candlelight it looked almost like blood. "Pierre,  are you saying I should retreat in such a time? Do you take me for a coward?"

"Of course not my legie, I would never dare?! "

"Hah....

"But I must say,  it is not a sane decision to protect this place to your last breath. YOUR MAJESTY, YOU MUST LIVE!"  yelled Pierre.

Siros was taken aback by such a statement as anger immediately flared inside of him "You dare raise your voice at me, Pierre?! "Siros wasn't known for tolerating disrespect so he immediately unshethed the sword in Pierre's waist and put its tip to Pierre's neck. " Do you have any last word's?"

6