Crazy Request and Solution 6
81 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Siros put on his best smile and and took the first step on the 'dance' that was politics. He was greeted by a couple of Barons,  Knights, and a lot of weathly merchants. He smiled and toasted each of them , not forgetting even one of the. It was a bustle as they all vied for the time of Siros....but something was different from one of them. Felix was squinting his eyes at the figure of the lord commander of the city and he unconsciously stirred the contents of his crystal glass.  He slowly but carefully moved towards Siros's figure and waited for his turn to greet Siros's,  but he couldn't help but cast a glance towards Pierre who was quickly combing for any threats among the crowd. 

This made him hand shake as he almost spilled some of the wine on the floor, but he took a few big breaths and calmed down. The time to act almost came , and sure enough about two minutes later,  Felix came face to face with Siros's and immediately greated him."Your majesty,  you grace us with your presence."

"Greetings to you to , young lord. Hmmm...might you be the son of Baron J'aille?"

"Indeed your majesty,  I'm Felix and I've come to represent my family in my father's behalf.  As you may know he has fallen ill in the last month...

As he heard that Siros's expression softened and he patted Felix on the shoulder" The pain of a son watching his faller fall ill is common and as old as time, but it is never easy. I pray that Baron J'aille recoveres as fast as possible...cheers!" Siros rose up his glass and tok a sip of his wine as was the custom,  and as he had done multiple times tonight, but Felix did something unexpected.

Instead of mirroring Siros a sharp glint passed through his eyes, and with a swift motion he threw his wine on Siros's face. Siros who was still taking his sip was taken aback by such a thing as he felt his drenched face, but he didn't have time to think as smoke started to come from the part's that were touched by the wine.

"Aghhhhh....

"Majes.....

Siros doubled in pain as smoke rose on the air, and Pierre immediately came to the aid of his liege. He saw Siros's condition and without a second to waste he shouted." GUARDS, PROTECT THE PRICE!"

It was only at this moment that the other guests finally processed what was happening,  and neither of them could believe it. An assassination of the royal family, and in front of so many people at that? It was a death sentence....and they were absolutely right. As countless soldiers stormed the dance hall, Pierre in a blaze of righteous fury rushed towards the perpetrator who was now running. 

"DIE...

Pierre bent his knees and immediately rushed towards Felix who was trying to escape,  but he wasn't as fast as a knight who had passed the 'Ceremony '. Even though Pierre was wearing around 10 kg of armor he still reached Pierre in less than four seconds and delivered a rage filled slash at his back. Cloth and flesh were cut as Felix fell screaming face down on the floor. It was only then than the commotion truly began. Screams of fear and shouts of confusion encapsulate the dance hall as chaos reigned. Pierre didn't even take a second look at the now unmoving corpses of Felix as he immediately headed back to his liege who was now surrounded by numerous fully armored soldiers.

.............

Two days had passed since the incident in the castle and every tavern, every street corner and even every house was discussing what had happened. One of such taverns was the Ox Horn tavern,  a pretty renowned one, but not for the good reasons.  At this time numerous drunks were enjoying their pastime of beeing  drunk , and one of them in peculiar was expressing himself to much. 

"Hahaha...I don't know if I should laugh or cry....but I'm more more towards laughing *hick* buhahaha....

"Shhhh you stupid drunkard! Do you want to be executed because of your ramblins? At least don't do it in this bar." scolded the waitress, but the man paid her no mind as he continued his ramblins and drinking. There were many like him in this city who were not saddened by Siros's assassination attempt, many of them farmers and residents of villages surrounding the city of Toro who were now raided by the barbarians,  and they blamed the prince's inconvenience for this happening. Of course they didn't outwardly say such things,  but they all deep down detested the price. Not far away from the drunk man, at a corner table, a slim figure dressed like a normal commoner was smiling as he sipped on his ale. His eyes squinted as he looked around for any possible targets,  but when he saw none he decided to head back to his rented quarters. Besides being a tavern the place also had three rooms for rent on the second floor, and one of them was occupied by him for quite some time. Something like this would definitely rise suspicion as renting a room for this amount of time was very uncommon,  but this was the Ox Horn tavern was for.

The man slowly opened the door and with a quick glance to his sides, he entered. He quietly closed it and the first thing he then did was check one of the wooden boards not far from the door. If one didn't know what was happening he would most likely not notice such a thing,  but that was what the man aimed for. In times of war several things were certain;death, fighting,  looting, and espionage. The man was none other than a spy planted by the barbarians in the city, and he was checking his harmless trap before he proceeded to write his report.  He hastily wrote several things on a small white parchment,  sealed it with wax, and immediately tied it into the leg of what seemed to be a pigeon he held in a cade not far from his bed.

..............

As all of this was happening in the other world Jason was happily making a purchase from the local prank shop. His smile was so wide that the cashier wondered if he was autistic or something, but he just shrugged that thought and scanned all the things Jason had bought. 

"Have a nice day."

"Thanks...

Jason took the two big plastic bags full of things he had bought and went out of the store. As he did, the clerk wondered who had pissed Jason of so much to make him by such a large quantity,  but he quickly remembered he wasn't paid for such, so he quickly forgot about it. 

3