Chapter 1 – Day One
53 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Steve raced away from flesh-eating zombies. Why do I have to die like this? Steve thought. Steve approached a dead-end and turned around to face the living dead. "Damn..." Steve whispered. Steve thought for a moment and came to a realization, "Zombies aren't real. This is just a dream." Steve pinched himself to make sure and he didn't feel it. "A dream! All I have to do is wake up." Steve closed his eyes and woke up in a majestic and lush oak forest. He got up and observed where he was and just gasped.  "I don't remember coming here. I actually remember being in my bed..." Steve mumbled. Steve noticed a pig walking around. Steve slowly got closer and saw it was blocky. The pig noticed him and stared into his eyes. Steve looked up and saw the sun was a square. Steve claimed, "Where the hell am I?" Steve shook his head and started wandering around the forest.

Steve saw three cows walk across."Wow." Steve noticed 3 bars. "What are these?" One bar was a array of hearts, another bar was array of ham, and the third bar looked pretty normal. Steve put two and two together. "I'm in a video game!" Steve looked at his hands, "But it feels so real..." Steve continued walking. Steve squinted and saw what looked like a person. Steve started sprinting towards them and waved. The person waved back. Steve saw that it was, in fact, a person. Steve saw that one of the ham's was gone. The man looked middle-aged, a little overweight, and was balding. The man asked, "Where are we?" Steve scratched his head and couldn't help but grin, "I... I have no idea. But I know we are in a game." The man fully opened his eyes and inquired, "A game? Arrre ya serious?" Steve nodded and pointed to the bars. The man looked down and noticed them. "Oh, we're in a game... Aren't we?" Steve asked him, "What's your name?"  The man proudly announced, "I Jack Volkov!" James said, "I am Steve. Steve Grind." They both watched someone approach them.

The guy said, "Where are we?!" They both shrugged. The guy told them his name, "I am James Baker. Soon-to-be music artist." Jack announced once more, "Jack Volkov!" James pointed to Steve. Steve told him, "I'm Steve Grind." James responded, "Grind. I like that." James noticed the bars and asked, "Are we in a game?" Steve and Jack both nodded. Steve tried to grab his phone but realized that it wasn't there. "That's not good..." Steve mumbled. Jack asked, "What did ya say?" Steve said, "I don't have my phone and you likely don't have yours." Jack announced, "Phones arrre useless!" James checked his pockets and saw he didn't have his phone. James started pulling his hair. Steve told him, "Calm down, we won't be needing it." James took a breather and noticed something green. "What is that?" James asked. Steve and Jack saw it. It had a green body, with specks of white and grey visible on their skin with a frowning facial expression.

They approached it and the creature noticed them, making a hissing sound. It started getting closer to it and James heard a faint burning click. James backed away and told them to do the same. Steve and Jack saw it flashing white and they ran off. James saw it about to explode and quickly followed them. Jack yelled out, "Zat zing's livin' bomb!" Steve asked, "What did you say?" Jack answered, "I said zat it's livin' bomb!" Steve asked, "You're Russian?" Jack nodded. They found a village and approached it. They all huffed and puffed. They saw the creeper was nowhere in sight and watched the villagers walking and working. Steve saw the sun coming down. He had a feeling something bad was about to happen.

1