Chapter 6 Easy
193 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eugenio let out a heavy sigh, the weight of disbelief pressing on his lungs. He was about to do something unthinkable, to protect a woman who, until a few hours ago, meant nothing to him. A stranger whom he barely knew and who, under normal circumstances, would not have crossed his path. But here he was, about to risk everything for her.

With fierce determination burning in his chest, he gathered all his strength and lunged forward. His feet collided with the table with a brutal force that made the world shake. The wooden furniture was thrown as if it were a leaf in the wind, flying through the air until it hit one of the men. With a grunt of surprise and pain, the man was thrown to the ground, the table breaking under the impact.

"Damn! You!" growled one of the other men, watching his fallen companion. His eyes widened as he saw the female figure sneaking out, running for the exit. And then his gaze crossed with Eugenio's, a defiant expression burning in his eyes.

The man hesitated for a moment, torn between pursuing the fleeing woman or facing the young man standing before him. But the decision was made for him when Eugenio advanced, the muscles of his body tense and ready for battle. The man backed off, opting to take down Eugenio first. He knew that if he did this, he could leave with his companion without having to worry about the woman, who by now was almost out of sight.

He knew he would have to act quickly. The woman would certainly call the police and they would have to deal with more problems than they could handle. So, with one last look at Eugenio, the man prepared for the fight.

With the posture of an experienced boxer, the man adjusted himself, his muscles tensing, ready to take down the challenging young man who dared to face him. His closed fists launched a jab at an exceptional speed, a strike that seemed more professional than that of a simple gang member. At that moment, an unexpected question passed through Eugenio's mind, "What would a fighter who seems to be professional be doing in a gang?"

Eugenio was prepared to dodge, but in the corner of his eyes, an instruction appeared - {left}. Without hesitation, he turned his head to the left, just in time to avoid the man's quick jab. The attacker was surprised to see that Eugenio had reacted in time. He was sure that even if Eugenio dodged, the blow would still hit some part of him. But that didn't happen.

Eugenio's face broke into a big smile, his eyes shining with excitement. The ability to see others' movements before they happened was incredible. He wondered, "Could I, with these eyes, become the world's best fighter?"

Using this newfound confidence, Eugenio took advantage of his increased speed to approach the man, who in response launched a high kick. Again, the instruction {down} appeared, and Eugenio quickly crouched. The kick flew over his head, leaving the man shocked at Eugenio's agility. He wondered how the hell this young man was managing to dodge his blows so easily.

With the agility of a puma, Eugenio didn't waste a second of time. He moved quickly, sliding like a shadow to the attacker's rear, who had a flash of instinct to react, but his leg was still in the air, unbalanced by the unsuccessful kick. With the precision of an experienced fighter, Eugenio wrapped the adversary's waist with a steel grip, as if he were holding an unwanted trash bag. In a fluid and potent move, he threw the man with all his strength onto one of the student tables, a sturdy piece of furniture that creaked under the impact of the body.

The sound of the opponent's groan of pain echoed through the space, a scream muffled by the surprise of the impact. The man tried to rise, a desperate effort to regain control, but Eugenio was one step ahead. He reached the fallen man and delivered a ruthless kick to his face. The impact was so violent that the attacker's consciousness disappeared, like a light that suddenly goes out.

With unwavering determination, Eugenio turned to the man he had knocked down with the table. The words {Jump back. Left, right} appeared again in his vision, like an invisible guide. The man who had been on the floor was now rising with renewed fury, a glittering knife in his hand. With a wild expression, he hurled the blade in Eugenio's belly direction, a clear intent to kill written in his eyes.

But Eugenio was ready. With agile impulse, he jumped back at the exact moment, the knife passing just centimeters from his belly, cutting only the air. The attacker's eyes widened, surprised at Eugenio's ability to escape the deadly stab. 

The man did not stop even after his first attack attempt failed. He made another attempt to strike, now toward Eugenio's neck. The blade shone dangerously under the dim light, tracing a lethal path toward the exposed skin. But Eugenio, with the agility of a feline, leaned to the left, avoiding the blade's edge by a hair's breadth.

Not missing a beat, the attacker launched another stab, a quick and cruel blow. But Eugenio was already prepared for this. Like a dancer who knows the choreography well, he dodged to the right, once again frustrating the man's murderous intent.

"What the hell is going on!?" The thought crossed the assailant's mind, a palpable confusion setting in. How was it possible that this boy, so young and seemingly inexperienced, was dodging his blows with such ease?

Unfortunately for him, while pondering about this, Eugenio was already close enough. With the speed of lightning, Eugenio struck a precise blow to the man's belly. The assailant grunted, the air being expelled from his lungs in a single blow.

But Eugenio didn't stop there. In a move almost as fast as the previous one, he wrapped the man's neck in a stranglehold, his arms tightening as if they were made of steel. With a cold precision, Eugenio kicked the man's hand, causing the knife to fall to the ground with a metallic clink.

The man struggled, his arms frantically beating on Eugenio's back, looking for a way to free himself from the strangulation. But it was as if Eugenio's arms were glued to his neck, an iron loop that wouldn't let go for anything in this world.

Soon, the assailant's consciousness began to falter, his movements becoming weaker and uncoordinated. In a few seconds, his resistance completely faded away and he fell unconscious, Eugenio's arms finally releasing from his neck.

Eugenio watched the unconscious man at his feet, a strange feeling of satisfaction spreading across his chest. He had succeeded, mainly thanks to his ocular powers. The fight, which could have been his ruin, ended up being easier than he expected. And, for the first time, he wondered if these powers could make him invincible.

"Let's find out who you really are." Eugenio's voice echoed through the room, as his focus fell on his eyes. He still wasn't fully aware of how to activate his ocular powers, he simply thought and, like a miracle, his eyes responded. The light from his eyes shimmered, a supernatural glow that seemed to pull secrets from the shadows, revealing information about the men in front of him.

{Name: John

Age: 30 years

Height: 1.80 m

Occupation: Gang member

Titles: Self-proclaimed "the good".

Technique: Knife training

Bank name: Black Bank

Bank account number: 8364189384

Bank password: 4975

Bank balance: 1,000,000

Emotional state: Unavailable

Relationships: Jessica (wife)

Current thoughts: Unavailable}

Eugenio's eyes moved to the second man, the boxer. However, nothing noteworthy appeared. He seemed as common as the first, with no information that could be useful or interesting to Eugenio. A question hung in the air, who were they trying to kidnap? A rich person, perhaps? Or would it be someone insignificant? Either way, it didn't make much of a difference to Eugenio.

For a moment, Eugenio pondered the possibility of hiding one of the men and interrogating him later. But he quickly discarded the idea when considering the consequences it could bring. He already had enough problems to deal with without having to worry about a hostage. Besides, there was the unknown man who had given him instructions to meet him at night. Eugenio wasn't sure if he was also part of the same gang, but if he wasn't, he would find out.

A feeling of aversion sprang up in Eugenio whenever he thought about gangs. Something in him reacted viscerally to this concept, a painful memory of something that had happened years ago. 

The door to the room abruptly opened, interrupting the silence of the place. Two policemen entered the room, their steps firm and determined, their hands resting on their waists, ready to draw their pistols at any sign of threat. The inherent authority in their uniforms took over the room, creating an almost palpable atmosphere of tension.

"Raise your hands and step away from the bodies on the floor," ordered the first policeman, his voice sounding calm and controlled, a stark contrast to the chaotic scene before him.

Eugenio, maintaining his composure despite the situation, complied without hesitation. He raised his hands towards his head and stepped away from the two unconscious men lying at his feet. Despite the tense situation, a thought occurred to him: who were these policemen really? Were they just law enforcers or were they also involved with some gang?

Quickly, Eugenio activated his ocular powers, directing his gaze to the policemen. The information appeared before his eyes, revealing that, in fact, they were simply policemen. The realization brought momentary relief, easing the feeling of impending danger. The last thing he wanted was a confrontation with someone armed.

"Was it you who took these two down?" Curiosity sounded in the voice of the second policeman as he analyzed the scene.

"Yes," Eugenio responded, maintaining his calm and controlled posture.

The policeman cast him an evaluative look before asking the next question: "Do you know either of them?"

"No, I've never seen them before. Not here at the university, nor outside of it," Eugenio lied easily, keeping his secret safe. Revealing that he knew the names of the assailants would only bring more questions, for which he would have to create convincing answers. For now, the best thing to do was to keep the game as simple as possible.

"Stay exactly as you are, I'm going to frisk you," said the other policeman, his voice sounding with unshakable authority. With deliberate and confident steps, he approached Eugenio, extending his hands towards him.

Slowly and with great care, the policeman began to search Eugenio, his experienced hands sliding over the fabric of his clothes, searching every fold and pocket for any suspicious item. His gaze stayed focused, the intensity in his eyes revealing the seriousness of the situation. But no matter how much he searched, his hands found nothing but the fabric of Eugenio's clothes.

"It's all right, you can move now," said the policeman with a nod, giving Eugenio permission to relax his posture. "The lady who called the police is waiting outside the room," he continued, pointing with his thumb over his shoulder towards the exit.

With an agile movement, he spun on his heels, turning his attention back to the two unconscious men on the floor. Eugenio, now free to move, watched as the policeman bent down next to the bodies, his expression focused as he examined the details of the scene.

Unexpectedly, Eugenio noticed that the other policeman was holding something in his hands. With a closer look, he realized it was an identification wallet - one he recognized as belonging to the men who were unconscious.

5