Chapter 6
113 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6

I came back to the woods again to explore, and for the past few hours of exploring run, I found many things, and one of them were pockets of forest fruit trees with different alien looking fruits. I tried some after quickly inspecting them to be safe, and they were much tastier and sweeter than the ones on Earth. That also proved that I can still eat and taste things like a human, which is something nice as I am one to enjoy foods back on earth. Among the other things I found, I stumbled upon strange stone formations, kind of like the Stonehenge back on Earth, but this one has glowing symbols on the rocks. Could it be a place of ritual or a monument of some kind? A quick inspect using my skill showed that my former guess was correct; it is a ritual site.

[Kulvian Monoliths of Sacrifice (Tier 1 Epic): This formation of rocks serves as the point in which the domain ruler of the [Kulvian Forest] is offered sacrifice every six months by a nearby town in return for keeping the peace and safety of the whole forest. The whole place is being monitored. Someone powerful has invaded the sacrificial site.]

What did it mean by that? Also, this proves it; there is a place of civilization nearby. Upon seeing some man-made looking marks, I had guessed, and seeing this site looking a bit well maintained, I kind of guessed. But returning to something quite dire on hand, what did it mean by “monitored”? And it counted me as an invader? I looked around, and I can only see myself here, so it would only mean me. I got a not-so-good premonition, and soon enough, a great rumbling and roar erupted from a few lengths away from the forest. 

Birds flew away as fast as they could, flapping their wings in a hurry, and noises of different animals and beasts echoed in distress as the dancing of the treetops indicated the frantic panic of the native wildlife. It seemed I had awoken something, something big. Yet why do I not feel concerned? Where is this courage of mine coming from? I don’t know, but one thing is certain: whatever that thing that’s causing a ruckus is not something I’m going to back down from.

I awaited where I stood, waiting for whatever it was, though I have a highly probable hypothesis that what’s coming is the big boss himself. But then I heard a scream. 

“You white naked tall guy! Get away from there! The Great Kulvian is coming! We need to run!”

It was a scream of concern, and by the high-pitched voice, it sounded like a child. I turned to look at who was calling for what I assume is me. And I was proven correct; it really is a human child, a very small and skinny one. 

“Gasp! W-wha? Who? No, it doesn’t matter, come with me first mister! The Great Kulvian is coming here and if it sees us here we'll get killed!”

Upon seeing me turn around, she looked shocked. I mean it is understandable; I’m no longer human. Yet, she said “It doesn’t matter?” And seeing her frantically running towards me with her small legs, with a face full of concern, is giving me a weird feeling. 

“Pant! Pant! Mister quick! Follow me!”

She grabbed hold of my leg with her tiny hands and began pulling me. Of course with her strength, I didn’t really budge at all. And I am now extremely curious about her, but those thoughts are to be put for later as not long after the deafening roars from the forest woods whatever it is has now come.

“Pant! W-wha? Pant! W-we’re doomed!” 

The child wore a face of dread upon seeing the ruler of the forest. For me though? I felt more or less the same, but now my interest has peaked after using my inspect skill on it.

[Enhanced Epic Forest Rune Bear (The Great Kulvian) (Tier 1 Epic): This certain beast type monster has reached the peak of its kind and has taken over [The Kulvian Forest] and made it its domain. For the last 230 years, this monster had solidified itself as the only ruler and has even been hailed as the forest's protector. This monster is named and is the peak of its variant as well as under a powerful contract. Status: Fear, Enraged. Stats: Strength: 103, Constitution: 90, Agility: 85, Dexterity: 78, Intelligence: 85, Wisdom: 88, Willpower: 77. Skills: Nature’s Command (C), Great Runic Talent (C), Guardian of The Forest (D)…]

It stood tall, towering me at about nine meters while on all fours, and its fur glistened with runes glowing from its body. Its eyes though beady, you could feel the sentience and pristineness of a ruler within it. It is strong, currently the strongest I have ever seen as of yet, but still, it’s weaker than me in terms of stats. I don’t know much about the severity between the difference of stats, but I can definitely say I’m not afraid of it at the slightest. And it knows. 

“YOU WHO HAS COME TO MY DOMAIN! LEAVE AND NEVER TO RETURN! I WILL ONLY SHOW MERCY TO YOU JUST THIS ONCE!”

“I-it talked! T-the Great Kulvian!”

The bear has spoken its consensus, and with its tone, it makes it show as though it could kick me out anytime, but why should I? A mere beast like this one was lucky enough to live a long life to reach this far dares to insult me like this? In front of my face even. And also, I can see it; it can’t hide its emotions from me.

“You are afraid.”

I said with a smile. 

The bear was quite taken aback from my words. And even the little girl beside me looked at me with confusion in her eyes. 

Not wasting any more seconds, the bear began to charge an attack.

[The Enhanced Epic Forest Rune Bear has used [Great Runic Talent: Nature Elemental Runic Blast (C)]: This skill is…]

I followed his lead and didn’t waste any more time, but then as I was going to rush towards it, I felt the grip on my leg tightened. Oh right there’s this child with me. Pondering on what to do with her for a quick second, I decided to pick her up. And ran towards the woods and upon seeing my back turn against it, it quickly fired as I was rushing to hide the child to safety.

A beam of green and blue with runic symbols around it shot towards me. Everywhere the beam landed turned to dust and came forth from the ravaged impact was a rapid growth of grass and flowers. Thankfully it wasn’t that fast, and I managed to outrun its attack and disappear from the forest. I quickly put down the girl and commanded her to stay put.

“Stay here and don’t run away, understand?” 

She meekly nodded at my words with fear and concern in her teary eyes. And so without wasting further time with her, I ran back towards the ruler of the Kulvian Forest.

“RUNNING AWAY NOW ARE YOU? BUT RETURNING HERE WAS A MISTAKE! NOW DIE!” 

Upon noticing something in the ground I quickly inspected it.

[The Enhanced Epic Forest Rune Bear has used [Nature’s Command: Root Tentaclel (C)]: This skill…]

[The Enhanced Epic Forest Rune Bear has used [Great Runic Talent: Rune of Overgrowth (C)]: This skill…]

[The Enhanced Epic Forest Rune Bear has used [Great Runic Talent: Rune of Sacrifice (C)]: This skill…]

[The Enhanced Epic Forest Rune Bear has used [Great Runic Talent: Rune of Mana Burn (C)]: This skill…]

[The Enhanced Epic Forest Rune Bear has used [Guardian of The Forest (D)]: This skill…]

Five overlapped skills! It was using so much mana that I could physically see the bear weakened from overtaxing its body. But what it paid for that price seemed worth it as gigantic tentacle-like roots came gushing out of the ground. 

There were dozens of tentacles, and each of them was as tall as eighteen meters, far surpassing the trees around us, and within each of them I could feel terrifying power. But, I wasn’t afraid nonetheless. And in actuality I felt quite excited. I don’t know if this is a hidden trait of mine that I only now found out or that it’s an outside influence that I might need to learn about in the future, but that’s something for later as right now I have another big bear to fight.

One of the giant tentacles instantly came falling towards me without skipping a beat. And even though I overpowered the bear I’m not dumb enough to risk taking damage, and I quickly evaded it. It’s big and it’s powerful but it was slow. And after noticing my evasion, it quickly followed suit with its other tentacles turning the clear heavenly sky into darkness. 

It tried to compensate its slow attack with an endless wide coverage barrage of attacks, but its core weakness was easily exploited by my high agility. And so as it came crashing down I just jumped and evaded as I went up and up and up till every tentacle had finished its first volley, and as dust rose from the impacts, not one speck touched my skin as I stood above the piled nature's monstrosity. 

“HOW!? HOW ARE YOU UNSCATHE?!”

The bear roared in confusion. Seeing its massive attack fail so miserably had given it quite a shock and it couldn’t believe what it was seeing. It used so much of its mana in the hopes of severely damaging or even outright killing its foe yet seeing my pure skin not one bit tainted by dirt made the bear stand a gaze. 

[Enhanced Epic Forest Rune Bear Status: Confused, Enraged, Terrified.]

3