Chapter 11
42 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

⟐ Chapter 11

Deep in the heart of the Yrarriel Empire, in a place where towers that seemed to be reaching for the clouds plagued consistently above stone walls, the height of which surpassed that of even the mightiest of trees. These walls formed five rings of protection around the widest section of them all, which encloses an open land where farms were erected in peace. Next is significantly smaller than the previous, but even so, it is incredibly wide; it is the commoners' area where simple folk live their lives in peace inside the protection of the mighty walls. Then there comes the middle-class section of the place, where people of good positions house themselves in relative luxury, living life in ease. Following that is the higher upper-class section, where some nobles choose to stay permanently or just have houses and mansions just in case they are to stay in the place for periods amount of time. Though those people most often prefer to live in their own mansions back in their land of ruling, so even though great and luxurious houses inhabit that area, very few actually stay there except maybe a few housekeepers.

Moving on to the main section and the most important part of all is the palace place where its stature alone screams great as it oversees everything, even the walls and towers themselves. That place could be called the house of gods, and one could believe it. This dignified part of this location of the capital of the Yrarriel Empire houses the royal family and, of course, The Great Emperor himself—Rustaviel.

The Yrarriel Empire itself is reaching its six hundred years of history, and the Great Emperor is the eleventh crowned emperor of the empire, and he is holding his current power for four decades now. Before he was emperor though, he had lived long enough to see the empire plunged into a great war, and he had seen the horrors of the fires of it, and because of that, he upheld to himself privately the promise of peace as long as he could. But now that was to be broken, and he couldn’t feel more saddened than he had ever been, as his life’s work of keeping peace was shattered in a single night when everyone with royal blood and those with a connection to the gods with rank Great priests and above, and that includes the royal Saint-Priestess, were given a revelation that calamity had descended and blood will soon flow in this world whether they like it or not.

Everyone who received the revelation quickly gathered and proved to everyone that what they experienced was true and was not mere hallucinations. And in the span of a single night, the emperor had decided to warrant a call to arms to bolster their army, which had turned dormant and weak compared to their expansionist past. But even so, it seemed like whatever this is that has come is even faster than they are, as a constant bombardment of reports coming from their [Magi-Coms], a long-distance communication device spread throughout the empire for a faster and more efficient form of communication, kept reporting a great increase in strong beasts and sentient beings of unknown races were attacking villages and towns all around the empire. It was a nightmare and a living one at that, as from their perspective, they felt trapped in their own domain being cornered everywhere by multiple obscure enemies.

But among the pits of despair that they have all fallen into, a light shone through, just as the threats came, by the form of people suddenly receiving new memories and great power. These people call themselves [Champions], and for the few they got information from, they describe themselves as rivals of the ones that are threatening them, which are called [Kings].

These [Kings], as they call it, are said to be individually powerful beings, and that’s not the only worrying part. Though as they could also [Summon] subordinates and currently are setting up their domains somewhere and everywhere within the empire. It was really hard for them to accept, but upon seeing the reports, they had to face reality and respond to these beings as fast as they could before they gained even more power.

“In the reports, how many troops have we gathered? Are the [Magi-Steels] being ready for deployment?”

A long white-haired man asked, he wore a burly black with gold coat, and with his hulking stature, he stood dignified like an apex lion. This man is Emperor Rustaviel himself.

“We haven’t got the report yet, my liege, but based on the documents of household per town, we assume that within tomorrow, we’ll have two million two hundred sixty thousand new men. Though these will be new conscripts, and for them to be combat-ready, we need a minimum of a month of basic training.”

They had to conscript many men in their empire because the scale of their calamity was just far too wide for their current army to handle.

“That’s too long; the enemy will be able to set themselves up after that amount of time. Give them half a month of training; the sooner this calamity is stopped, the sooner they’ll be able to go back to their families.”

“As you will, my liege. Now moving on to the [Magi-Steels], the factories have been restarted yesterday and the [Magi-Steel Mechanics] are now working at full speed. They estimated that they could prepare around one hundred and twenty light variants, fifty medium variants, and thirty heavy variants that would total two hundred [Magi-Steels] per day starting today.”

“Good, but just to speed things up a bit more, add rewards for every additional [Magi-Steel] they could ready. I don't know much about that aspect, so discuss this topic a bit more with the [Head Magi-Steel Director].”

“As you will, my liege.”

“Also about the—”

But before the emperor could finish his words, a small child crashed into their discussion while holding a necklace. The child in question was visibly saddened; tears from her eyes wouldn’t stop flowing down. This child is none other than the ninth child of the emperor, Princess Kaila.

“F-father! Sniff! Kuv-Kuv h-he gave me a message through Soul-bond, and he’s in trouble and hurt! S-sniff! I know it, I-I felt it… I can’t contact him anymore, father! What should we do? Sob!”

What? Kulvian is in trouble? He asked himself, and he also noticed that the soul thread from the necklace is gone; then that could only mean one thing, and it's grim.

“Kaila, what else did Kulvian say to you?”

“I-I don’t know father; it was scary, and I only felt Kuv-Kuv crying for help.”

The Emperor knew to himself that could only mean bad news and by the timing of it, he thinks he knows what did it. But for Kulvian to have perished someone strong could only have done it. He thinks to himself that that bear might only be of early epic tier but he’s still an epic tier monster nonetheless. And this early on whatever the threat could be if it was strong this early then how strong will it be in the near future once it establishes itself. The location of where the enemy was also gave him great worry; The Kulvian Forest was one of the empire’s most valuable territories as it houses a mana-vein river that enhances the trees and plants around it. Those mana-rich trees and plants are too valuable for them to lose. And so he decided.

“I see. Then I’ll have the [Grand Royal Guards] visit Kulvian.”

“Sniff! R-really father?”

“Yes, my child, then have your maids escort you back to your room because father needs to do important work.”

“S-sniff a-alright then I’ll go back now.”

And so the child left, but what she delivered reminded Rustaviel again that what was happening was dire and they can’t tackle this problem haphazardly as the real strength of these enemies is unknown but he’s certain they are powerful and will be even more so in the future.

“Send in two [Grand Royal Guards] to deal with the threat there in the Kulvian Forest. Also, remind the nearest fort or station to send in some scouts for recon in that area and tell them a threat at a higher level than The Forest Guardian is roaming there..”

“As you will my liege.”

Now that matter was done, Rustaviel breathed a sigh of relief before being interrupted again.

“My liege the three [Grand Marshals] have come as per your request; they are waiting at the throne room my liege.”

“Good, I’ll be there in a few moments.”

And after a bit of preparation, he was escorted by his guards towards his throne room, but while he was on his way, he met up with his eldest daughter who had become a Saint-Priestess of the Divine Church.

“Eda have you finished with the matters of the church?”

“Yes father, and it seems they aren’t taking this lightly either, they said they’ll ready their [Divine-Knights] to assist us in our time of need along with preaching good word for the upcoming conflict though they did request ample donation for their foreseeable efforts.”

“For the people called holy and merciful they sure can put a price on anything, won’t they my daughter.”

“I’m sorry father, but the disease has infected all the way to the very core, and you know my position even though I am a [Saint], they are against you for using my name further and I’m sorry that I wouldn't be able to do anything to fix it.”

“It’s alright Eda, just do what you can.”

“Thank you father.”

“It’s my job so no need to and also, join me in the upcoming meeting with the [Grand Marshalls]. Those old-timers are too boring so having you there would alleviate some of it. And now that I think about it. You guard! Inform my fourth son to participate in this meeting. I’ll have him explain what these [Champions] and [Kings] are to those old farts.”

“W-wait father! You let Ethan go? We don’t even know if he’s even the real Ethan or not!”

The saint’s eyes opened in concern, only she and her father knew that her brother—Ethan had become one of the so-called [Champions] and had gained new memories of other people. And they found out about this after using a strong inspection skill after news of [Champions] appearing everywhere came and after they found out they put their brother in house arrest on suspicion of impersonation and possession. But after interviewing him about very personal things that only the real Ethan would know they found no flaws whatsoever, but they still detained him in his room just to be safe, but for her father to release him this quickly.

“We proved it, didn't we? He’s the real Ethan, He’s my son and your brother.”

“But still.”

“No buts, now let’s go.”

“Sigh! Alright father, do as you will.”

“I would, I’m the emperor.”

“Really funny father.”

1