Chapter 62 – The new Avengers base
228 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Follow me on Instagram: @na7suki_

If you like the story and want to see more, take a look at my Patreon, where you'll find several chapters ahead of the public. And you'll also be helping me reach my dream of being a full-time writer.

As the elevator ascended to the upper floor of the complex, both Natasha and Peter remained silent, savoring the view. However, Peter couldn't stay quiet for a minute; every now and then, he opened his mouth to say something. Whether it was to praise the facility or discuss its technologies, he always had something to share.

"Man, this place is amazing. I hope I can adapt."

Peter said, breaking the silence.

"I'm pretty sure you will. After all, all of this was possible thanks to you and your brilliant mind."

Natasha affirmed, pointing to Peter, more precisely, to his head.

"I don't quite understand, what do you mean?"

Peter asked, confused.

"Don't be so modest. Tony and Steve told me that the idea for this complex came from you."

Natasha said.

"It wasn't exactly like that. The only thing I told him was that the Maximoff siblings didn't have a place to stay, and it turned into all of this."

Peter, surprised, scratched his head, somewhat embarrassed.

"Wait, is that serious? I had no idea my suggestion would turn into all of this."

Peter said, looking around, impressed.

"But all I did was suggest. The whole Friday thing, the enormous size of the complex, the training areas, and the design—all of that was your contribution."

"But, in a way, you instinctively encouraged us."

Natasha concluded, maintaining her calm and serene expression, her trademark.

"I think I'll need to get used to a lot of things here."

Peter replied, still processing the new reality around him.

As they reached the floor with the rooms, the elevator door opened, revealing spacious corridors and well-equipped rooms.

"Ready?"

Natasha asked, looking at Peter.

After Peter nodded in affirmation, they stepped out of the elevator, and Natasha began to guide him through the complex's vast corridor, showing the rooms and a symbol on each door to identify the owner.

"What are these symbols on the doors?"

Peter asked, looking at the falcon symbol on one door.

"So that we could quickly identify the room owner, we decided to do this... just kidding, it's just for aesthetics."

Natasha said with a serious expression on her face, quickly changing to a playful smile.

"That's Sam's room, that's why the hawk. And that he's a bit crazy about this business."

Natasha explained, still looking at the door.

(Kind of predictable, but I expected it.)

Peter thought, not at all surprised by the discovery.

"That one over there, with the U.S. flag and Rhode's room."

Natasha said, pointing to the other side.

(That, for sure, was Stark's doing.)

Peter thought, almost laughing.

"And this one with the blue lightning symbol next to Sam's and Pietro's rooms."

Natasha continued, pointing to another door.

(Man, and I thought it was Thor's room.)

Peter thought, mentally thanking himself for staying quiet.

"And the one next to Rhode's with that symbol is my room."

Natasha said, noticing her symbol on the room door.

"Nice symbol."

Peter said, somewhat impressed.

"Thank you, and the one next to me with the shield, pretty obvious, is Steve's room."

Natasha continued.

(A bit lame, but it makes sense.)

Peter thought, walking to the next room.

"And those last three rooms there are yours. The first one with the yellow stone at the entrance is Vision's, the second one with the symbol of a red and blue spider is yours."

(Well, at least they didn't use a web.)

Peter thought to himself, maintaining a playful smile.

Natasha pointed to the room next to Vision's, with a red tiara symbol.

"And that's Wanda's."

Natasha informed.

"I think the symbol represents her powers well."

"Definitely more creative than a simple 'W.'"

Peter agreed, appreciating the attention to detail.

"Thanks, Miss Romanoff. Thanks for showing me around."

Peter thanked, showing a sincere smile.

"No problem, Mr... I mean, Peter. And from now on, since we'll be working together, you don't have to call me Miss. Just Natasha is fine. Got it?"

"Yes, Natasha."

Peter said.

"Much better, I think from here on, you can handle things on your own, and if you need anything, just call Friday. Whether you want to know where the kitchen is, or the training room, or the gym, etc."

Natasha replied, getting ready to leave.

"Thanks for everything, Ma'am... I mean Natasha."

Peter said, releasing a small embarrassed smile.

"You're welcome, Mr. Parker. And anything, just give me a call. Welcome to the team."

Natasha said, leaving Peter alone in the corridor.

After Natasha disappeared from Peter's sight, he decided to enter his room. Upon opening the door, the boy could see that the room was indeed large, with a single bed, and next to it, a desk with a very technological computer. On the other side, a bookshelf full of books. In the bathroom, a bathtub, a shower, and a sink.

"Wow, who would have thought I'd be here one day, this is crazy."

Peter whispered, still enchanted with everything he saw in his room.

As he continued to be lost in his thoughts, Peter didn't even hear someone calling his name; only after the person decided to knock on the door did, he return to normal.

"Sorry, who is it?"

Peter asked, approaching the door.

"It's me, kid, Tony's driver, Happy. I came here to bring your stuff."

Happy announced from the other side of the door.

After Peter opened the door, Happy was there with a friendly smile on his face.

"Hey, Kid! Tony asked me to give you this."

Happy said, holding a backpack and a suitcase.

"Thanks, Happy! I can take it from here."

Peter said, grabbing his backpack and suitcase.

"Are you sure? If you want, I can call the staff to do it."

Happy insisted.

"I'm sure, no need to worry. I'll take it from here, Mr. Hogan."

Peter said.

"You know best, kid."

Happy says, then leaves.

After Peter closes the bedroom door and puts his backpack on the bed and his suitcase next to the desk, he goes to the window, where a beautiful view of the forest that covered the entire complex awaits him every morning.

 

RECOGNITION TO MEMBERS:

Matthew Jimenez🤝 - THANK YOU FOR ACTIVATING THE DOMAIN EXPANSION "MAHAYANA PRISON".

Gkiller ⛩️ - THANK YOU FOR ACTIVATING THE DOMAIN EXPANSION "MALEVOLENT SANCTUARY".

9