Chapter 75 – Aiming for a new future
90 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like the story and want to see more, take a look at my Patreon, where you'll find several chapters ahead of the public. And you'll also be helping me reach my dream of being a full-time writer.

Thor, who until then had been listening in silence, intervened with a smile on his face, finding the conversation between Tony and Steve quite funny.

"If he's managed to lift the Mjölnir, it's because he's a worthy person or a machine, but the point is that he can keep the Mind Gem, it'll be much safer with him than with anyone else. And we know that we can't be too careful."

Thor declared, as he stopped abruptly and then began to stare into nothingness.

After Thor said those words, the atmosphere between them fell completely silent, which was soon broken by Steve, who continued to stare at the ground.

"What if we put the hammer inside the elevator?"

Steve asked with the utmost seriousness, as if he really needed an answer to that question.

After hearing what Steve had said, Tony agreed with his friend's reasoning and replied.

"The elevator would still go up."

Steve agreed with Tony's answer and replied, still looking at the floor.

"Yes, but he still wouldn't be worthy."

Thor watched everything with a smile on his face, finding the situation very amusing.

"I'll really miss those earthling conversations I used to have with you."

Thor said with a smile on his face as he touched Tony's shoulder.

Tony, noticing Thor's humor, couldn't help but smile too, despite the seriousness of the subject they were discussing.

"We can keep having these conversations, just don't go."

Tony suggested, with a touch of seriousness in his voice as he looked at Thor.

"I'd like to, but unfortunately I don't have a choice."

Thor asked, staring at Tony and then taking his hand off his shoulder and walking back to the two of them.

"I don't think it was a coincidence that the Mind Gem, one of the six Infinity Gems, appeared just now, especially after several years, without anyone even knowing it existed. There's definitely something there."

Thor commented as he walked alongside Tony and Steve out of the complex.

After Thor said those words, Steve, who was walking alongside the two of them out of the complex, began to ponder the real situation they were in. Tony, on the other hand, was immersed in other thoughts.

"We can't ignore the fact that this could just be the start of something much bigger."

Steve commented, breaking the tense silence that had settled over the group.

Thor nodded, his serious expression now reflecting the concern they shared.

"I don't know who, but someone is orchestrating a very complex game and has ended up putting us in it like simple chess pieces, and as soon as these pieces are in order..."

Thor said with a serious look on his face, unable to finish speaking because Tony interrupted him.

"Checkmate."

Tony said, in a serious tone as he completed Thor's speech and then put on his typical glasses.

"Do you think you can figure out what's behind all this?"

Steve asked, staring at Thor.

Thor pondered for a moment before answering.

"It won't be easy, but I think I can, not least because apart from that man..."

Thor declared as he touched Tony's shoulder.

"There's nothing in this world that can't be explained."

Thor added as he slowly moved away from the two and then raised Mjölnir to conjure the Bifrost.

After Thor did this, a colored light began to cover his entire body and in a fraction of a second, he was gone, leaving only a mark on the ground.

After Thor left, Tony and Steve stood there for a few seconds in silence, until Tony broke the silence by directing all his attention to the mark the Norse god had left on the ground.

"Is it just me or does this guy not give a damn about gardening?"

Tony asked, as he stared at the mark on the ground for a few seconds and then started walking again alongside Steve, to where his car was.

"But I have to admit one thing: I'm going to miss him, just as you're going to miss me and vice versa, I can see it coming, there's going to be a lot of male crying."

Tony replied, with a tone of irony in his voice as he pressed the button of his car, which then began to approach him automatically.

Steve smiled slightly at Tony's irony as they walked towards the car.

"I think I'll miss your humor and your little jokes."

Steve said, looking at Tony.

"Are you really going?"

Tony asked with his hands in his pockets as he feigned an expression of surprise before continuing.

"Well, I'd already talked to the brat about the possibility, but I think I'm going to take a break, I don't know, go down a different path, like Barton did, live with Pepper on a farm and maybe try to start a family with her. And of course, always hoping that nobody blows up the farm."

Steve nodded with an understanding smile as they approached the car.

"That would be quite a change."

Steve commented thoughtfully.

"But I think it would be good for you."

"Yes, I think it's time to try something new. And who knows, maybe it's an opportunity for a quieter life."

Tony said, agreeing with what Steve had said before continuing.

"Who knows, maybe you'll get your chance one day?"

Tony asked, staring at Steve as he approached the car.

Steve stopped next to Tony and thought for a moment before responding to this rather tempting offer.

"I don't know, this family business, stability, it's not for me. The guy who was frozen 75 years ago in ice probably wanted it, but... I'm a completely different person now."

Steve replied, staring at Tony as he opened the car door and climbed inside.

But before starting the car, Tony turned to face Steve with a calm gaze and asked.

"Are you going to be all right?"

After Tony said those words, Steve took a quick look around the complex where there were some people training, and with great pride he replied.

"I'll go. After all, I'm home."

Attention: From now on, I ask that you completely disregard all the personality and character that you know of the heroes, whether from films or comics. Because for the story to flow better, I'm going to have to make some changes, so don't complain later that such a character would never say such a thing.

 

RECOGNITION TO MEMBERS:

Matthew Jimenez🤝 - THANK YOU FOR ACTIVATING THE DOMAIN EXPANSION "MAHAYANA PRISON".

Julio Posas🤝 - THANK YOU FOR ACTIVATING THE DOMAIN EXPANSION "MAHAYANA PRISON".

2