Chapter 35 – Rescue Plan and Consequences
321 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Matthew Jimenez (Thank you for supporting me for the last 2 months, I hope you stay longer)

If you like the story and want to see more, take a look at my Patreon, where you'll find several chapters ahead of the public. And you'll also be helping me reach my dream of being a full-time writer.

ON THE TRAIN

AT THE SAME TIME

The train starts to derail, and Peter decides to take off his mask, as it was already quite torn and revealed a good part of his face. After removing the mask, a large cut on his cheek becomes visible. With his rapid healing factor, it would be closed in less than seconds.

Clint, unable to contact Natasha, connects the communicator with Peter.

"Kid, are you seeing Natasha?"

While Clint tries to communicate with Peter, Steve, realizing Peter is in danger, grabs a parachute and goes to the back of the Quinjet.

"Where are you going?"

Clint asks, looking at Steve.

"Where do you think I'm going? Of course, I'm going to save the kid."

Steve replies as he opens the jet compartment.

Upon hearing this, Clint looks at him with a puzzled expression and asks:

"But what about Nat? If we don't go after her, Ultron might kill her."

Steve turns for a moment and says:

"He wouldn't do that. She's the only chance he has to recover the body."

"Then go ahead and take the cradle to Stark."

Steve continues before jumping from the Quinjet and activating the parachute.

After jumping from the jet, Steve safely lands on top of the train. Without wasting time, he enters from the front, which was all destroyed, and comes face to face with Peter, Wanda, and Pietro.

"Captain, good to see you."

Peter says approaching Steve.

"I'm also glad to see that you're okay, kid."

Steve replies, looking at Peter and then preparing to explain the plan. However, Peter interrupts him and starts narrating the plan in his place.

"While I was coming down, I noticed there were many civilians along the way. So, let's do the following..."

"Speedy, I have a task for you: get everyone out of the way, understood?"

Peter interrupts, taking the lead.

Pietro looks at Peter with a somewhat serious expression but says nothing and just leaves.

"And you, Wanda..."

Peter says, getting her attention as he approaches.

"Have to trust me."

Wanda, not understanding anything, looks at Peter and asks:

"What do you mean, trust you?"

Peter smiles and answers Wanda:

"I know you can do it, that we can do it... I'll be at the front; with my webs, I'll try to stop the train from the front, and that's where you come in with your magic. You try to stop it by the wheels, okay?"

Wanda, still hesitant, nods. Steve nods, impressed with Peter's initiative.

"Yes."

Without hesitating for another second, Peter jumps towards the front of the train and begins to create a dense web capable of withstanding high pressure. After creating it, he starts shooting the webs in all directions, acting as a brake. Pietro, in turn, was managing to save the people in front of the train, while his sister tried to stop the train by the wheels.

After the webs stretch to the limit, they end up breaking, but Peter decides not to give up. He chooses to use his feet as a brake, trying to stop the train. However, he soon realizes it's not a good idea when he jumps and tries to stop the train, almost hurting his foot and destroying the ground even more. Seeing that it wouldn't work, he decides to use the webs again. This time, he shoots more webs, and after much pressure on the shooters, they break. Before breaking, he manages to hold the webs, which, due to the pressure, tear some parts of his clothes. After much effort, he finally manages to stop the train but ends up passing out shortly afterward.

Wanda and Steve, realizing the train has stopped, get off. Wanda goes to her brother, who is leaning against a wall, completely exhausted. Steve goes to Peter, who is still unconscious.

Approaching Peter, Steve crouches down and shakes him while calling his name.

"Kid, wake up! Peter, Peter PARKER, WAKE UP!"

After being called several times and shaken abruptly, Peter wakes up startled.

"Here are the images you asked for, Mr. Jameson, and... Hmm... What the hell happened here?"

Steve, relieved, helps him sit while Wanda is a bit further away with her brother.

"Come on, kid, get up! We still have a lot of work ahead."

Steve says, observing Peter's torn clothes.

"I'm getting up already."

Peter says as he gets up with some difficulty, leaning on the train walls.

"Hey kid, ready for another round?"

Steve says looking at Peter.

"Why are you asking me that? Are you sleepy, grandpa? Can't you see I'm as good as new?"

Peter says jokingly with Steve and hitting his chest and then letting out a groan of pain.

"Oh, the respect, and I can see your brand new."

Steve says with a slight laugh.

Still smiling, Steve pats Peter's shoulder in a friendly manner.

"Good job there, kid. But let's stay focused. We still have many problems to solve."

Peter nods, feeling a bit proud of Steve's recognition.

After Steve says those words, he and Peter start walking towards Wanda and her brother, who was exhausted after running beyond his limit to save everyone in front of the train.

"Are you okay?"

Wanda asks, concerned about her brother.

"I'm okay. Just a little tired, just need to rest for a few minutes."

Pietro says, watching Peter and Steve approaching them.

Steve approaches them with a serious face and speaks.

"Now is not the time to rest."

"And the cradle, did you guys get it?"

Wanda says, getting closer to Steve somewhat apprehensive.

"The cradle is safe. Stark will take care of it."

Peter says still with some difficulty as he puts his hands on his ribs.

"No, he won't..."

Wanda says, visibly worried.

Wanda, with a worried expression, looks at Steve, expecting a more detailed explanation. Steve still with a serious expression looks at Wanda and says:

"You don't know what you're talking about. Stark is not crazy."

Even with the explanation, Wanda still seemed uneasy.

"No, you don't understand. He will do whatever it takes to fix what he did."

 

RECOGNITION TO MEMBERS:

Matthew Jimenez🤝 - THANK YOU FOR ACTIVATING THE DOMAIN EXPANSION "MAHAYANA PRISON".

12