Chapter 53 – A moment of rest
233 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Follow me on Instagram: @na7suki_

If you like the story and want to see more, take a look at my Patreon, where you'll find several chapters ahead of the public. And you'll also be helping me reach my dream of being a full-time writer.

After Sokovia started descending uncontrollably, Tony begins to be pulled down due to the weight of gravity upon him. With no time to think, Tony decides to do something, and in a swift motion, he starts firing a beam from his chest towards the device, attempting to overload the core.

"Thor, on my command, hit the core with everything"

Instructed Tony while overloading the core from below.

Thor, understanding the message, begins summoning various lightning bolts from the sky, accumulating near him.

***

While the city rapidly descends due to the gravity shift, Peter and Wanda, who hadn't managed to escape in time, begin to levitate.

"Damn"

Grumbled Peter while hovering in the air.

"What's happening?"

Asks Wanda, somewhat surprised by what was going on.

"Probably, someone managed to activate the key, and because of the gravitational force, we're floating. This is our end; either we die from the impact on the ground or from the explosion"

Explained Peter, wearing a concerned expression.

While Peter already accepted his imminent end, not far away, Vision flies towards them, dodging debris floating in his path.

"Don't worry"

Says Vision, appearing in front of Peter and Wanda.

"What are you doing here? Weren't you supposed to be fighting Ultron?"

Peter asked, not understanding Vision's quick appearance.

"I'll explain later, but now we have to get out of here"

Says Ultron, extending his hands towards the two.

After Vision rescues Peter and Wanda, he quickly takes them to Nick Fury's hovering ship.

***

Tony, realizing that the core had already received enough energy to overload, decides to give the commands to Thor.

"NOW!"

Tony yells, giving orders to Thor.

After receiving Tony's orders, Thor raises Mjölnir high and releases a dense burst of lightning, which had been accumulating around the weapon, towards the core. This act not only directed all that destructive energy to the core but also was the desperate escape they found to try to save everyone from the imminent extinction they were about to witness. And in a fraction of a second, after Thor struck the hammer against the core, it resulted in a massive explosion, exploding the entire city in the process.

Tony, who before the explosion was still at the bottom of the city, gets caught in the explosion and is thrown away. The son of the father of all had fallen into the sea unconscious.

***

Meanwhile, somewhere in the clouds, our emerald giant still remained inside the Quinjet that was previously used by the villain Ultron. He was lost in his thoughts, not knowing what to do or where to go. That's when he heard a soft and familiar voice from a hologram, Natasha sending him a message.

"Hey big guy, we did it, we completed the mission. But unfortunately, we have a problem; the ship is in stealth mode, and I can't track it. So, I'll need you to turn the ship around, understood?"

Natasha asked, calmly and serenely, to gain the green giant's trust.

But before Natasha could say anything else, Hulk ends the message and sits on the floor of the ship, while it continues to fly aimlessly through the sky.

ON THE HELICARRIER

After Vision safely took Peter and Wanda to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Heli carrier, the two began to feel a sense of accomplishment seeing all the people they managed to save from the city before it was completely destroyed.

"It seems like we really managed to win"

Says Peter, staring at all those people also saved.

"Yes"

Says Wanda, somewhat embarrassed about what she was about to do.

But before Peter could say anything about the way Wanda was acting, he ends up being surprised when she surprises him with a hug.

"Peter, thank you for everything you did for me, and for opening my eyes to show me that what I was doing wasn't the right thing"

Thanked Wanda, still hugging Peter.

"No problem, and don't forget: if you ever need help, just look for me. The friendly neighborhood guy will be at your service"

Says Peter, laughing a little to ease the awkwardness that had arisen between them after Wanda's sudden hug.

However, the atmosphere between them is abruptly interrupted when Wanda, for a moment, sees something that freezes her. It was her brother, who was lying on a stretcher, far from where she and Peter were. He seemed unconscious, his body covered in bruises but nothing too severe.

Wanda, upon seeing her unconscious brother on a stretcher, felt a shiver down her spine. He was injured, but apparently not severely. A wave of relief and concern mixed in her eyes.

"Pietro!"

Exclaimed Wanda, separating from Peter and running towards her brother.

"As he's her brother, I'll cut him some slack"

Peter whispered to himself while sitting on a bench, unaware of Steve approaching.

Steve approaches Peter, observing the scene with curiosity.

"Are you okay?"

Asked Steve, noticing the tired expression on the young man's face.

"You know how it is, resting that man isn't made of iron"

Peter replied, showing a small sincere smile to Steve.

"I wanted to say this before, but as I didn't have a chance because of the problems we had, I'll say it now. Kid, you did great there"

Thanked Steve, showing his gratitude.

"Thank you, Captain, you don't know how much these words mean to me."

"No problem, you deserve it"

Says Steve, taking a brief pause before continuing.

"And how do you feel with this radical change in your life? One day you're saving people from a burning building, and the next on top of a floating city, about to die?"

"It's really strange when I stop to think about it like that. But me being a normal kid from Queens, and being one of the people who helped save so many people, really makes me happy. But I'm not even worried about it."

Peter said, as he turned his attention to the cloudscape.

"So, what's more serious than you almost dying that's worrying you?"

Steve asked, a little curious.

"It's no big deal, it's just that I'm scared of the scolding I'm going to get from my aunt."

Said Peter, as he let out a slightly embarrassed laugh.

 

RECOGNITION TO MEMBERS:

Matthew Jimenez🤝 - THANK YOU FOR ACTIVATING THE DOMAIN EXPANSION "MAHAYANA PRISON".

8