[Chapter 126] Pantheon
244 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of rattling keyboards echoed inside Alex's room as the said person seemed to be busy on researching something.

Alina, who was already satisfied with the dinner that Alex made earlier, was sitting behind Alex as they both stared at the computer screen.

"…" Both of them did not say a thing as they read the words shown by the search engine.

It was only when they finished reading that Alina started to talk.

"The Pantheon… surely is powerful." Alina said as she leaned back on her chair.

"You can say that one more time, and I will not dispute that." Alex replied as he shut the computer down. "When I saw the idolation by the SHA Heroes to Tetra and the Pantheon, I thought they were just overhyping the Pantheon. As it turns out, the Pantheon really deserves all these hype."

"…Do we really need to communicate with them so that we can obtain the Legacy of Tartaros?" Alina asked as the rare worried expression appeared on her face. "I am confident about our power, but even I am not also sure if we can defeat he Pantheon members once a fight ensues."

"You can say that one more time, and I will not dispute that." Alex replied as he recalled the names of the Pantheon members and all of their abilities.

Each member of the Pantheon were extremely powerful and domineering, with their minimum power level enough to make any of their enemies fear for their lives!

********************

The first one was Tetra, whose name means 'Four' in Greek. He was the vice-leader of the Pantheon, and his power speaks true of his Hero Name. His power was to manipulate all Four Fundamental Forces of the Universe. Alex, with his experience with Clint, already knows how powerful Tetra could be against any opponent.

The second one was Myth, was considered to be the most famous member of the Pantheon. She was also the leader of the Pantheon, with her leadership skills being praised all around the Hero Community.

Myth was an extremely powerful Shifter Type of Hero, with her being able to take on the form of any fictional or mythological being!

Whether it be dragons, demons, angels, lovecraftian monsters or even fictional aliens, Myth can take their forms as long as they were part of a story or myth!

The third member was Foresight, and she was considered to be the most powerful clairvoyant in the world!

It was said that she can perfectly view all the possible futures, and this is what allows her to give advice to her fellow teammates on what they should do.

Of course his research told Alex that Foresight's future sight was not that infallible.

There were still times were Foresight's predictions failed, as there were some other clairvoyants that interfere with Foresight's actions.

Most notable of these clairvoyants was Oracle, who constantly uses his own team to derail each one of Foresight's plans.

Oracle's team were said to be one of the greatest headaches of the Pantheon, and it was only through the power of Foresight that Oracle's team were unable to bring their plans to fruition.

The fourth member of the Pantheon was called Machi, which means battle or combat in Greek.

Machi was a Builder, and his main focus was battle-oriented technology.

Power suits, high-powered weaponry, battle mechas, as long as these things can be used for combat, Machi will be able to create them!

The Pantheon headquarters, which was flying in the outer space, was actually part of Machi's creations.

Of course Alex's research did not show him the weapons attached on the Pantheon Headquarters, but knowing that it was Machi who created it, it was surely loaded with everything.

The fifth member was called Nomad, and he can be considered to be the most slippery among the Pantheon.

Nomad has one powerful ability, and it makes hirm extremely efficient, especially when he was already fighting.

It was this ability that gave Nomad his Hero Name.

His ability was a very powerful type of teleportation, which allows him to basically teleport anywhere in the world.

There were even some records of him visiting alternated worlds or even other planets!

And to make this power more unfair, Nomad can also teleport people or objects, as long as they were near him.

"…." When Alex read this portion, he realized that Nomad was really scary.

Someone that can teleport you to deadly locations before you could know it was terrifying indeed.

The sixth member was called Plague, and her power was indeed fitting for her name.

Plague basically can create microbial creatures with their own unique set of skills.

These microbial creatures could either heal a large amount of people, or they could bring ruin against any poor targets.

These microbial creatures can also induce amnesia to their targets, or if Plague could want it, even mass hypnosis of the crowd.

Only Plague's imagination was the limit for her power, and this makes her extremely dangerous.

Heck, from what Alex had researched, Plague was actually a Supervillain before. She was basically someone who controlled a large expanse of Africa.

It was only after Myth fought Plague that Plague joined the Pantheon as its core member.

The seventh and final member of the Pantheon was named Miden, which means zero in Greek.

He was the most powerful power nullifier in the world, and as of date, there was nobody that resisted Miden's power nullification.

Even the other Pantheon members were not immune to Miden's power.

This basically placed Miden as one of the stabilizing factors if one member of the Pantheon goes berserk or rogue.

The only problem with Miden was that he was baseline human, aside from his power nullification.

He has no super strength, super speed, or super reflexes to boot off. He was human all along, and he can be killed easily compared to his other teammates.

Of course, Miden tried mitigating this problem by wearing Machi's power suits to give him more protection.

However, this endeavor failed as Miden's power interfered with Machi's power suits, making it fail before it could even work.

This left the Hero Miden with no choice but to wear protective gears that were untouched by any superhuman abilities.

*********************

"Do we really need to fight against the Pantheon anyway?" Alex asked as he stood up from his seat. "We just need to talk to them about the Legacy of Tartaros, so maybe they won't necessarily be hostile."

"You never know Alex." Alina replied as she let out a sigh. "From what you described to me earlier, the Legacy of Tartaros was something that Tetra was very protective with. There is a chance that this Legacy was something that they were hiding for themselves…"

"…." At this point, Alex had nothing to do but to feel extremely lethargic as he realized the obstacle that they were about to surmount on.

"…Do you think that the enemy Traveler already knew that the Legacy of Tartaros was related to the Pantheon?" Alex suddenly mused as he remembered the conversation that he had with the mad scientist earlier. "Is that the reason why she wanted to ally with us? Because she also realized that it was pretty impossible for her to deal with the Pantheon by themselves?"

"…I do not know Alex. But with our current situation, it seems like we have no choice left but to temporarily ally with them." Alina replied in the end before she stood up to leave the room.

"…I won't make the decision for that alliance now." Alex said as Alina's hands touched the door handle. "I need the input of everyone regarding this situation, so maybe we should lay off that issue for now."

"…If you say so." That was all that Alina said as she left the room.

"...….." Alex did not try to dissuade Alina from what she was thinking, as she was entitled on her own decisions.

"Hey Alex." Before Alina could actually distance herself from Alex's room, she said something more that made Alex's mood improve a little. "You owed me a date for tomorrow, right? Don't forget that, ok?"

"Of course I won't." Alex replied as he let out an excited smile. "Just be sure that your stomach won't rumble tomorrow, ok?"

"…Do you want to die?"

"Ah, of course not! I was just joking! Your stomach is the best!" Alex hastily replied as he felt the murderous intent coming from Alina. "I will gladly listen to your stomach rumbling everyday! It is very melodious!"

"…I do not know if I should be happy or creeped out by what you just said." Alina replied as her stomping footsteps could be heard distancing itself away from the room. "Hmph, just bring to some good places tomorrow!"

"That I will do." Alex said as he opened his computer, this time for him to start browsing on SODT.

Asteria, who was lying down on the nearby table, perked up as she saw what Alex was doing.

"Oi Alex, are you using my account to browse SODT?" Asteria said as she saw what Alex was doing. "You know something about privacy, right?"

"Privacy my ass." Alex replied with irritation as he looked at Asteria's fed up face. "What, you want to use the computer now?"

"Of course I want to." Asteria replied as she flitted towards the keyboard. "There are a lots of threads in the SODT right now, and I, the representative of the Travelers, is the most fit to answer them all! So you should relinquish your hold on the keyboard and allow me to do my stuff."

"Fine, fine." Alex replied as he raised his arms in a mock surrender. "Wait… didn't you get yourself banned earlier? How can you reply to them?"

"Easy peasy." Asteria replied as she cracked her knuckles. "I will just make a new account."

"…Well, good luck getting flamed online."

"Hmph!"

5