Chapter 3
2.1k 0 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--Under the pale moon, a jet-black shadow is passing by.

 A black shadow - I run through the gap between the overgrown trees, cutting through the breeze.

 Night is nice.

 The lack of visibility makes my other senses sharper and more acute.

 

 I can hear.

 I can hear the footsteps and breathing of Fang Wolfe, who is running with me, deployed on either side of me.

"The numbers are three on the right, four on the left, and the boss is one a little further away. Only the boss's presence is somehow oddly big."

 I didn't even bother to use my "Searching for Enemies" skill for this extent.

 My ears and sixth sense always know where he is.

Let the hunt begin.

 The moment I smiled wryly at him.

 The moment I sneered, I heard a growl from beyond the darkness.

 The Fang Wolves, wolf-like monsters with pale fur, jumped on me one after the other.

 One of them flew ahead of the others, its mouth wide open with sharp fangs.

"It must be hungry. I'll give you something to eat. But ......"

 I quickly pull out the one-handed straight sword I carry at my waist and thrust.

 The tip of the sword, rebounding in the moonlight, pierced Fang Wolfe's mouth.

"...... my food tastes like iron and blood.?

 The blade is raised vertically and slides down.

 The one-eyed creature, whose mandible and throat had been slashed, instantly died.

 Without a pause, a second one jumps out from the shadow of the fallen one.

 At the same time, I felt Fang Wolf close in behind me.

 I kick the ground as hard as I can and leap into the air.

 I raise my left hand to the sky as I look down to see the two creatures that attacked me slamming head-on into me.

"Fireball "

 Boom!

 A red fireball was born above my raised palm, illuminating the night sky.

 I fired the fireball at the two Fang Wolves entwined below me.

 Roar!

 In an instant, the two Fang Wolves are burned to a crisp.

 Apparently, there are still many more daredevil monsters who want to participate in such a late-night makeshift barbecue party.

 The rest of the Fang Wolves leap at me as soon as I land on the ground, their footsteps light on the ground.

 To be roasted or to be ground into meat?

 They had only two options left to them.

"I'm sorry to break up the fine tusks you're wearing, but ...... you're the ones being eaten, remember?/

 I'm still on the side of being devoured.

But someday, when the time comes for me to get my hands on the final boss, then I'm going to...

I will devour him with all my might.

 As soon as I made up my mind, I readied my sword, kicked the ground, and started running.

 Even faster than the Fang Wolf, which had surrounded me and leapt at me.

 It became a line of night wind, and slipped past the four of them as if it were stitching by their sides.

 And then - zanshin.

 As if to break the silence for a moment, the four Fang Wolves fell with blood spurting from their wounds.

"Now all that's left is the ...... pack boss,"

 I muttered in a whisper, and from behind me, I heard a terrifying

  I turned around to see the head of the pack, twice as big as Fang Wolf had ever been, kicking the ground and leaping high into the air.

 If I had to give it a name, I would call it ...... Boss Fang Wolf.

 

 The silhouette of Blue Silver Sogin was attacking, with the moon behind it.

 The three shining red eyes looked strangely eerie in the dark night.

 

"Rock Bullet!"

 I pointed my palm at Boss Fang Wolf and fired an earth-attributed magic, " Rock Bullet."

 A rock the size of a pebble was instantly generated, and I didn't aim too much and didn't pierce Fang Wolfe between the eyes.

"What?"

 The rock bullet shattered into pieces the moment it hit the opponent's forehead.

 I quickly jumped back to get away from him.

"I see. This amount of damage won't cause a single wound ......."

I had a hunch that he was a strong one, after all, from the presence I had felt at that time.
"I've never killed a  strong one before!"

 If I'm struggling against a monster of this caliber, defeating the Reyes and avoiding the destiny of death is just a dream come true.

"I'll show him. I'll show what I'm really made of at right now!"

 Just as I said these words, the Boss Fang Wolf attacked me, its sharp fangs baring.

37